Flatmap

dapals51

Flatmap

Post by dapals51 »

Did anyone else see this in testing? What are the chances it the blank map we've been waiting for?
XBOX one player
Farmer in the midwest USA

MOD HUB OR DIE!!
BreadedVirus

Re: Flatmap

Post by BreadedVirus »

Have fun with it. Even on PC those kinda maps are pretty lame, without editing it in GE.

And no the terrain application in the game comes nowhere near what can be done in GE...
the big print giveth the small print taketh
Tylercheesey1986

Post by Tylercheesey1986 »

Well of course it won't be the same as using GE, but a lot of console players, myself included would really like the map and ability to design it to suit yourself
Aussie who loves himself a 7790 JD cotton picker, 100ac was most i got off in one day. (22.5hrs)
Currently a 300 ac irrigated beef farmer with Hereford Angus x.
50-120 head.
Gear-MF i148, 7 disc offset plow, fert/seed broadcaster, harrow bars.
Only crop for improving grazing capacity so don't need much.
Aussie farmer who thinks FS 19 rulz :gamer:
Xbox gamer tag- TopCheesey420
Kurisshi

Post by Kurisshi »

If it comes with lots of placeable buildings and sell points etc. it could be interesting. Though I very much doubt that the novelty would lest more than a few hours, but each to their own.
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

Thing is it's called "Flatmap" not "Blankmap" so there's nothing to suggest it's what everyone seems to be thinking.
dapals51

Post by dapals51 »

Kurisshi wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:38 pm If it comes with lots of placeable buildings and sell points etc. it could be interesting. Though I very much doubt that the novelty would lest more than a few hours, but each to their own.
Sell point will have to be made available for placement. Are there even any on mod Hub for console
XBOX one player

MOD HUB OR DIE!!
Farming Girl

Post by Farming Girl »

Ritchie wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:47 pm Thing is it's called "Flatmap" not "Blankmap" so there's nothing to suggest it's what everyone seems to be thinking.
Mmm what would be good is a map that has sell points and a town or something, but no farms, just some fairly flat fields where you could choose to start a farm, so your farm would be totally unique, maybe there could be some original farm buildings packaged with the map that suit the area.. the map wouldn't need to be flat, just devoid of preset places where you would have a farm.
Ann-Marie

C&S Modding
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

The Mercury farm map isn't that far from being that tbh as the farms, hedges and fences can all be sold or turned off to start however you want to.
Farming Girl

Post by Farming Girl »

Ritchie wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:28 pm The Mercury farm map isn't that far from being that tbh as the farms, hedges and fences can all be sold or turned off to start however you want to.
Very true, i had a lot of fun on that map, completely built my own farm, it would be better now with grass painter, to remove the old yards and put them back to nature!
Ann-Marie

C&S Modding
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

Create your own map sounds good in the brain.
In reality,without an undo button with the Landscaping Tool,
its gonna be a nightmare. But itll still be interesting.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
dapals51

Post by dapals51 »

TacoFarmer wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:52 am Create your own map sounds good in the brain.
It wouldn't be bad with auto save on, I've done it a few times where I screwed up but had that on and just started from that point. Or just don't acre up haha
XBOX one player

MOD HUB OR DIE!!
Farming Girl

Post by Farming Girl »

TacoFarmer wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:52 am Create your own map sounds good in the brain.
I did it in stages, so before i started landscaping i would save, then save every-time i was happy with something, if i messed up then i reloaded, bit of a pain, as you say an undo button would be the most useful tool to add to the landscaping section.
Ann-Marie

C&S Modding
SJ_Sathanas

Post by SJ_Sathanas »

If you're experimenting with the landscaping tool you really need to turn off autosave and remember to save before you attempt anything, and after you've done something you're happy with.
Nothing worse than making a mess of something then having the game autosave before you can quit-restart.
Farming Girl

Post by Farming Girl »

SJ_Sathanas wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:24 am If you're experimenting with the landscaping tool you really need to turn off autosave and remember to save before you attempt anything, and after you've done something you're happy with.
Nothing worse than making a mess of something then having the game autosave before you can quit-restart.
I agree id decided to flatten an area of a map which i had been working on for quite a long time, i had auto-save on because i had forgotten to save a couple of evenings and lost work, i made a mess of what i was doing and went into the map to quit and restart, it auto-saved and i was so upset, i decided to abandon the map as i knew i couldn't fix the mess i had made.
Ann-Marie

C&S Modding
wombles

Post by wombles »

Definitely the landscaping tool needs an undo button, it's just stuff having to save every little change incase you make a mistake, then having too reload if you are unfortunate enough to make a blunder. One could go bald with the landscaping tool :frown: .