Seasons mod (op updated re: bug reports)

Greymantle1

Re: Seasons mod (op updated re: bug reports)

Post by Greymantle1 »

I started a new stock map and on the 1st day of summer, the game will freeze at 24:00. The same thing that happens before. I disable the mod and the time passes 24:00 no problem. I give up on Seasons for now to much time wasted. :(
p0wd3rp1l0t

maps with seasons thread?

Post by p0wd3rp1l0t »

i am not sure about anyone else but i was waiting for seasons to come out so i could really get into and play fs19. now that its finally out, i am struggling to find decent maps that are updated for seasons. now i know its only been a week, but i think it would be a great idea to have a sticky thread or at least a thread with the #1 post listing the seasons ready maps so that guys like myself can go check them out. there are an awful lot of maps that aren't seasons ready that are absolutely beautiful that i would love to play, but like i said i prefer to play with seasons
Gaming PC
Doc3d

Re: maps with seasons thread?

Post by Doc3d »

I would imagine pretty much any map coming out will be seasons ready going forward
A list never hurts, tho. I just think it will be a long one before long. :)
BoscoX

Post by BoscoX »

Maikello wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:38 am
BoscoX wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:24 am Hello
On the NewWoodshire map I have a problem with the cost of maintaining the estate. In practice the daily costs of any positionable (stables, silo, buildings ...) are multiplied by 4.
What is it due? Without the seasons mod the costs are right.

Thank you
It depends on the length of the season. A longer season would mean a higher cost but the revenue would be the same. The machine wear, fuel consumption, everything is balanced in proportion to the length of the season
Thanks for the reply
However, on the other maps including the default ones, he does not. A - normal difficulty - 3 days - on map for example default stable cows cost me 100 € a day, on NewWoodshire instead 400. What can influence between the data map the season to the point of multiplying exactly by 4 the costs?

Thank you
Doc3d

Post by Doc3d »

If placeable mods are put in the map by default, the maintenance can be altered by the map creator. In your case this seems to be the case, since it only happens on this one map
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

We'll look at the snow again, no idea what's happening there. And we will also improve the waterpump so it directly puts in some water.

> On the NewWoodshire map I have a problem with the cost of maintaining the estate. In practice the daily costs of any positionable (stables, silo, buildings ...) are multiplied by 4.
> What is it due? Without the seasons mod the costs are right.

Income is also higher

Greymantle1 wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:55 am I started a new stock map and on the 1st day of summer, the game will freeze at 24:00. The same thing that happens before. I disable the mod and the time passes 24:00 no problem. I give up on Seasons for now to much time wasted. :(
Can you share your log file?
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

Not sure if this is seasons or the limitations of the base game but while most clouds look great I noticed some textures look rather minecraft like. Never noticed it before as I’ve only ever had blue skies in the base game. (All my settings are maxed, not 4K)

Great job on seasons by the way - it’s really given the game a purpose again.
wombles

Post by wombles »

Rahkiin wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:27 amAnd we will also improve the waterpump so it directly puts in some water.
While you have the plumber looking at the water pump Rahkiin, will you ask him/her to bend or replace the bar that goes from the float to the valve, so we can get more water into the water-trough. :lol:
Totalauk97

Post by Totalauk97 »

Hi. First. Thank you so much for Season. Excellent mod. And excellent job to you all. Now to one issue: I have read that one more person had this same problem. Updated Season to last vers. And started on an old save game, (that I had used last vers of Season on). Reset everyhting like Season wants. Did reset Snow. The snow disappear. Set snow to on and 1 layer. And snow tracks on again. Saved. Did start the game again. And then some time into the game. Suddenly loads of snow. It came like, like you see the growth of the crop do. in parts starting from egde of the map. The snow was some meters deep. I could go on to the roof and on to the building. The interesting bit, was that it did'nt affect my fps. So much snow. Anyway. I did some test, Started just Season. No other mods on that save game. It all happend again. Then i looked at another save i have Season. Nothing happend.

Maybe a Solution:
Then i took a look in my save folder, and found the Sesaon.xml.
There at the top Where it says "Enviroment". then you have "<currentDayOffset>..." and "<daysPerSeason>..." Then you have "<snow height=" My hight was at "-4.020000" mode="1"/>". Then i tested to set the hight to "0.000000" mode="1"/>". Opend my game again. Fast forward a bit. to where the snow came, And no snow. and i did fast forward more to see if it came. no snow. So maybe this helped. Will see longer into to the game save.

Kind regards
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

BoscoX wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:07 am
Maikello wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:38 am
BoscoX wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:24 am Hello
On the NewWoodshire map I have a problem with the cost of maintaining the estate. In practice the daily costs of any positionable (stables, silo, buildings ...) are multiplied by 4.
What is it due? Without the seasons mod the costs are right.

Thank you
It depends on the length of the season. A longer season would mean a higher cost but the revenue would be the same. The machine wear, fuel consumption, everything is balanced in proportion to the length of the season
Thanks for the reply
However, on the other maps including the default ones, he does not. A - normal difficulty - 3 days - on map for example default stable cows cost me 100 € a day, on NewWoodshire instead 400. What can influence between the data map the season to the point of multiplying exactly by 4 the costs?

Thank you
Never understood these mod or map makers who still insist on using the old FS17 thing of having a Daily Upkeep on the stuff. One of the first things I do now after downloaded any mod, is check it's XML file and if there is any kind of Upkeep or Daily Fee in there. I remove it, simple as that. I've bought the object, vehicle, building and paid my money for it, I'm not going to then keep paying every day or over a long term save you could have spent so much money you'd have bought that items several times over.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Azfoor

Post by Azfoor »

But how is the water pump supposed to work? I just put it in the trigger and it supposed fill the water through?
wombles

Post by wombles »

Azfoor wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:57 pm But how is the water pump supposed to work? I just put it in the trigger and it supposed fill the water through?
You place it close too the water-trough and it will keep the water at 15%.
FarmerJimbob

Re: maps with seasons thread?

Post by FarmerJimbob »

I'm actually really enjoying Ravenport with seasons at the moment having never really tried it out properly before. I can kind of see where the negativity came from for it when 19 released but at the same time a lot of the features demonstrate that Giants did listen to the userbase feedback regarding 17's maps. On exploring the map I've often thought if this had been a mod map from one of the popular names the feedback would have been very different. Biding my time until Greenwich Valley releases as seasons ready but I'm tempted to make a 19 return to Oakfield Farm...
biochemist

Post by biochemist »

Hi, thank you for the seasons mod, it gives really a lot of value to FS. I have two questions:
Do you plan to release Paraguay (aka estancia lapacho) GEO mod soon? I enjoyed double harvest on this map in FS17 and it can be interesting with more rain.
Is there any impact on animal productivity if I use only water pump, or is it better to bring water in a tank?
Thanks
Greymantle1

Post by Greymantle1 »

Rahkiin wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:27 am We'll look at the snow again, no idea what's happening there. And we will also improve the waterpump so it directly puts in some water.

> On the NewWoodshire map I have a problem with the cost of maintaining the estate. In practice the daily costs of any positionable (stables, silo, buildings ...) are multiplied by 4.
> What is it due? Without the seasons mod the costs are right.

Income is also higher

Greymantle1 wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:55 am I started a new stock map and on the 1st day of summer, the game will freeze at 24:00. The same thing that happens before. I disable the mod and the time passes 24:00 no problem. I give up on Seasons for now to much time wasted. :(
Can you share your log file?
Here is the log : https://www.dropbox.com/s/b7l4st03nkz1r8s/log.txt?dl=0