Legume???

BreadedVirus

Legume???

Post by BreadedVirus »

The farmer on field 17 on Oakfield had a previous crop called Legume and it is also in the prices screen, yet none of the seeders, planters and headers can sow or harvest it.

Any ideas?
the big print giveth the small print taketh
DeereJason

Re: Legume???

Post by DeereJason »

What are you playing that you got that? Legumes are clover, alfalfa, etc. You probably have to mow it and make it as chaff or hay
Tylercheesey1986

Post by Tylercheesey1986 »

Aren't soybeans classed as legumes in seasons crop rotation? I think that is what it refers to
Aussie who loves himself a 7790 JD cotton picker, 100ac was most i got off in one day. (22.5hrs)
Currently a 300 ac irrigated beef farmer with Hereford Angus x.
50-120 head.
Gear-MF i148, 7 disc offset plow, fert/seed broadcaster, harrow bars.
Only crop for improving grazing capacity so don't need much.
Aussie farmer who thinks FS 19 rulz :gamer:
Xbox gamer tag- TopCheesey420
Cowboy5130

Post by Cowboy5130 »

Canola is also a legume and they’re legumes because they carry out the process of nitrogen fixation
Ps4 realistic gameplay;
Ravenport start-from-scratch;
Absolutely love the game!
Cmtaylor

Post by Cmtaylor »

Soybeans, canola, alfalfa, hairyvetch, clover, and more any type of plant the has a tap root and makes its own nitrogen is a legume.
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

Cmtaylor wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:52 am Soybeans, canola, alfalfa, hairyvetch, clover, and more any type of plant the has a tap root and makes its own nitrogen is a legume.
So, there’s a bug somewhere then as it has its own sales price in the price section.

I recently started a new game save on Oakfield with seasons and it was not on the previous game save.
Cmtaylor

Post by Cmtaylor »

Legumes normally sale 2-3 times the price of corn wheat and and oats so if its twice the price of corn then thats right it its like a 1/3 more then yes there is a bug.
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

Cmtaylor wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:52 am Soybeans, canola, alfalfa, hairyvetch, clover, and more any type of plant the has a tap root and makes its own nitrogen is a legume.
Canola is most definitely not a legume. You are correct that légumes fix nitrogen, and the other plants you list besides canola are indeed legumes. Presence of a tap root is coincidental and not specific to legumes.
Cmtaylor

Post by Cmtaylor »

Right canola is a brassica i keep forgetting that but if it makes its own nitrogen that does put it in the legumes thats what all us u.s. farmers know
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

Cmtaylor wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:17 am Right canola is a brassica i keep forgetting that but if it makes its own nitrogen that does put it in the legumes thats what all us u.s. farmers know
Yes canola is a brassica. It is also an oilseed. These traits are unrelated to leguminous characteristics.

Canola definitely does not fix its own nitrogen.

A plant that does fix its own nitrogen (like peas, beans, alfalfa, clover, peanuts) is a legume.

Canola is absolutely not a legume.
Tylercheesey1986

Post by Tylercheesey1986 »

I think we missed the point BreadedVirus was aiming at. It seems to me that he has an issue with legumes being in crop price screen, shouldn't it list each legume crop individually ?
Aussie who loves himself a 7790 JD cotton picker, 100ac was most i got off in one day. (22.5hrs)
Currently a 300 ac irrigated beef farmer with Hereford Angus x.
50-120 head.
Gear-MF i148, 7 disc offset plow, fert/seed broadcaster, harrow bars.
Only crop for improving grazing capacity so don't need much.
Aussie farmer who thinks FS 19 rulz :gamer:
Xbox gamer tag- TopCheesey420
Stevo0114

Post by Stevo0114 »

Legumes means vegetables in French
Love FS fav tractor Case I h. FS 19 has caught up and is now for me better than fs17
Playing on xbox one x, Thanks to Giants and all modders who make the game great.
Love this community so thanks guys
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

That’s soybeans in the seasons crops rotation so odds are whatever crop you but in that field next (except soybeans again) will most likely have the 1.20 yield boost