Mod management

FarmerLee73

Re: Mod management

Post by FarmerLee73 »

Doc3d wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:19 pm You guys know about symbolic links, right?
Forgot about those, used to use them for in game mp3 files, thanks for the reminder, will definitely save some space using them for mod folders!
Doc3d

Post by Doc3d »

Good stuff :)
I had forgotten about them myself just recently remembered when (trying to) clean up my mods folder, which I never seem to be able to do successfully
FarmerLee73

Post by FarmerLee73 »

Yes I have the same problem, 98% of mods I don't seem to use yet it's still a mess!
Doc3d

Post by Doc3d »

Jupp. I’m in the “but I might have use for it some day” club. Very annoying, actually.

I also find it extremely annoying that often errors or warnings in the log won’t tell you which mod it has a problem with. So with my 350 active mods, it’s impossible to find.
Like “MICCHELIN is not a recognized brand. This will be ignored” (or similar)
1992Tadej1992

Post by 1992Tadej1992 »

GlobalCompany mod actually tell you if there is the mod that isnt compatible like place every where mod. Ver cool.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

1992Tadej1992 wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:54 am GlobalCompany mod actually tell you if there is the mod that isnt compatible like place every where mod. Ver cool.
Yeah but you should just ignore that as Place Everywhere is a very good and very useful mod, and Global Company are just really butt hurt that someone came out with it before they did and now they are crying and trying to claim the author converted their FS17 mod without their permission, even though the FS19 Place Anywhere mod is much different from FS17 and has a couple of more useful features. Between Place Everywhere and the Global Company version Extended Placeable, I'm going to keep using Place Everywhere.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

I use Windows Explorer. It's pretty easy to create separate folders and move the zip files back and forth into the mods folder. No third party software required since Windows comes with all the tools that you need.
Last edited by theSeb on Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

Nice one :D
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
Pict

Post by Pict »

cwattyeso wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:00 pm
1992Tadej1992 wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:54 am GlobalCompany mod actually tell you if there is the mod that isnt compatible like place every where mod. Ver cool.
Yeah but you should just ignore that as Place Everywhere is a very good and very useful mod, and Global Company are just really butt hurt that someone came out with it before they did and now they are crying and trying to claim the author converted their FS17 mod without their permission, even though the FS19 Place Anywhere mod is much different from FS17 and has a couple of more useful features. Between Place Everywhere and the Global Company version Extended Placeable, I'm going to keep using Place Everywhere.
That explains why they have the in your face instructions to remove mods you have, like the excellent place anywhere mod that I wouldn't be without.

I deleted the Global Company stuff right away for being invasive. Glad I did now.

======

Not loosing sight of the topic, I use Mod Manager by Dizelsoft http://dizelsoft.ucoz.ua/load/mod_manag ... r/5-1-0-23 and have been using it since it came out for FS15. It's well developed, latest version does both FS17 & FS19 and in a word, excellent.

The program is in English, Russian, Ukrainian, Polish...but the website is just Ukrainian, I think. Download button is easy enough to find, its below the screeny next to 6.59mb

Direct link for the blind http://dizelsoft.ucoz.ua/load/0-0-0-23-20

It's light, no need to install it as it's portable and runs right from the folder you put it in. Can even run from a thumb drive.

It's powerful, does what it says on the tin plus much more. And it's not invasive in any way.

I like to run it in the background when I'm testing mods, Alt tabbing between it and FS19 so that I can remember what I'm going to test...getting old here :)

I'll post some screens later if I get a moment.
Flat Stanley

Post by Flat Stanley »

I d/l any mod that I like, no matter what.

My issue is that I don't want to see Russian tractors for sale in a American map, just like I don't want to see Yankee stuff in a Irish map.

Other than that, I don't really care.
Flat Stanley