farm subsidies

FarmerLee73

Re: farm subsidies

Post by FarmerLee73 »

wombles wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:32 pm
FarmerLee73 wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:00 pm Lol knew this post would get onto the subject of "cheating" Thing is, in single player, who are you cheating?
Now Lee could you not just play the game the way others want you too. :lol:
Sorry Wombles your right, I shall start playing the way others want me to, will start by cheating myself as Tadej suggested *thumbsup*
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

blackiecat wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:57 pm It's not so much cheating if your entitled to the payment most farmers wouldn't turn it down, we all know there are shady farmers, I knew one who claimed his field was empty all year and got the payment then put another farmers cows in unfortunately for him the satellite spotted them and that was that
That's not exactly how farm subsidies actually work.
wombles

Post by wombles »

FarmerLee73 wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:50 pm
wombles wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:32 pm
FarmerLee73 wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:00 pm Lol knew this post would get onto the subject of "cheating" Thing is, in single player, who are you cheating?
Now Lee could you not just play the game the way others want you too. :lol:
Sorry Wombles your right, I shall start playing the way others want me to, will start by cheating myself as Tadej suggested *thumbsup*
I'm glad you seen the light, the dark side not much fun. Now I'm off to add the money and maintenance back on to that bloody milk truck :blushnew: .
wombles

Post by wombles »

blackiecat wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:57 pm It's not so much cheating if your entitled to the payment most farmers wouldn't turn it down, we all know there are shady farmers, I knew one who claimed his field was empty all year and got the payment then put another farmers cows in unfortunately for him the satellite spotted them and that was that
Well Then there's that many shady farmers round us, that the sun never shines, it's like living in Antarctica during winter. :lol:
blackiecat

Post by blackiecat »

Texas farmer Wendell Mints collected more than $500,000 from the federal government for bogus claims on cotton and grain sorghum crops. Satellite imagery showed that Mints was not growing anything in some fields where he claimed to have a crop.
wombles

Post by wombles »

blackiecat wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:30 pm Texas farmer Wendell Mints collected more than $500,000 from the federal government for bogus claims on cotton and grain sorghum crops. Satellite imagery showed that Mints was not growing anything in some fields where he claimed to have a crop.
Whoa nice lift. Bet when he's watching the weather forecast on tv, and someone mentions satellite imagery, he goes :frown: .
FarmerJeff

Post by FarmerJeff »

A beginning amount is easily justified if you’ve put in a few hundred hours on a previous map. Estimate the value of your previous assets, consider them sold, start with that amount on your new farm. I’ve done that a couple times without feeling I “cheated”.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

Sometimes I drive through other farmer's crops. It's usually when I get the message 'helper A's graintank is 80% full' and I'm on the other end of the map. Yes, I'm a cheater.

Sometimes I lease a new tractor and drive it around a while then exit without saving. Yes, I'm a cheater.

Sometimes I go over the speed limit through the town on Pacific NW. Yes, I'm a cheater.

Funny enough, I've never used the gov't subsidy mod for FS19. With the ridiculous loan cap now I've never found a need to.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
blackiecat

Post by blackiecat »

Just been on Stevie's new map the amount of gear you have on there you don't need to cheat, just sell the lot and buy the whole of Oakfield farm job done
Flat Stanley

Post by Flat Stanley »

1992Tadej1992 wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:23 pm That is like...money cheat.
You know, you could just edit the XML file in the mod.

That is what I did......just removed a couple of zeros and now I am lucky to get $1k an hour from Uncle Sam. :neutralnew:

(oh and rename the mod or the in-game mod hub will tell you it needs to be updated.
Flat Stanley
Flat Stanley

Post by Flat Stanley »

Geez! They shot the guy's cows!!!!!!! :shock:

That's rough. :wink3:
Flat Stanley
blackiecat

Post by blackiecat »

Could be a good mod for fs19 big bother watching you from above, just have hope its cloudy and raining
Doc3d

Post by Doc3d »

Cloudy AND raining in FS? Never gonna happen! :P

I’ve never used the mod,and I usually try not to cheat but normally when I start a new map I sell all the default equipment. This usually gives me enough money to buy what I need and still have money left. I never understood why you would have 5 tractors, forageharvesters and huge combines if you are just starting out.
I usually start quite lean with a tractor or two so that normally leaves enough money not to need a cheat. I also use the contractor mod, set to 2 workers normally, leaving just me and one hired help, making it impossible to use more than 2 vehicles at the same time.

I do sometimes set up my farm, then rent or buy a shop tractor or telehandler, then edit the xml so the handler is there at the shop, but not owned by me. This equipment I can only use at the shop, tho. I guess that is a cheat but I find it more realistic that the shop has a way to help their customers load up.

The great thing about FS is that it’s open for playing how you want, as realistic as you want (or can, lots of simplified stuff here)
Farming Girl

Post by Farming Girl »

Well the way i see it, when you start a farm you would not start it with no money in the bank, especially one of the bigger farms where one pice of equipment can be 500,000 plus, so i use the government subsidy mod to just give a boost at the beginning, then i use other mods to give a small income, as i feel the government one gives far too much per hour. its only what you would get in real life anyway, i know a farmer who has two cell towers on his land, he gets a good income from them. i mean what is cheating anyway, the guy who spends hours just making silage bales to start a farm, some would consider that cheating, as that is not something that would be done in RL as you don't get that much for them.

However at the end of the day i paid my money to but the game, so i will play it how i want to, i get a lot of enjoyment from it, as i have literally 1000's of hours in the game (some people would have something to say about that too) and i still get loads of fun from the game
Ann-Marie

C&S Modding
blackiecat

Post by blackiecat »

I think you do have to get money from some where when you start, I sell most of the gear and use a set of mods of my own I do contract work which makes a bit but I have to borrow money to really get the farm going, I reduce the loan when in profit, like you say you play the way you want, its been the best game I have ever played and I have been on computers since the ZX Spectrum in the early eighties