Buried trees and map creators

W1der

Re: Buried trees and map creators

Post by W1der »

Trees without "collision" can not be removed at all ... !?
Is that not even worse?
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

No because if they are buried to look like bushes, at least you and your equipment can still drive and work through them. The A1 won't also get scared 50 yards away from them and go on massive detours and avoidance action. Bushes and Foliage should have no collisions so you can move through them,

If they are placing the trees correctly above ground and designing and intending for them to be trees that players can cut down and remove then obviously they need the collision on for this. It depends on what the author is intending when they place them. If they are trees or if they are pretending they are bushes. Simple rule should be Trees = Collisions and Fake Trees/Bushes = No Collisions.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

Why not put your money where your mouth is and create your own map with all these "lazy" issues fixed and show them how it "should" be done.
Would be a better use of your time.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

I did do with Estancia Lapacho, but I'm not going to spend more of my time fixing the work of others, when there are map makers who can get the basics right and not employ these bad practices I can continue to support them and play and enjoy their work. The bad maps, with the buried tries and BGA's with no triggers, will just continue to get downvoted, lower rated and have very negative feedback left in my reviews.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

No I meant create your own map from scratch and release it on Modhub for everyone to see how it should be done.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

No I wouldn't release any of my Mods on the ModHub, not worth the time going through Giants testing and not being able to use custom scripts means the ModHub is not the place for me to publish any of my work.

Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

Sounds a bit lazy tbh. :lol:
asyvan

Post by asyvan »

cwattyeso wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:04 pm No I wouldn't release any of my Mods on the ModHub, not worth the time going through Giants testing and not being able to use custom scripts means the ModHub is not the place for me to publish any of my work.
You can use scripts on Modhub. No problem. It will not be released on console though, but again it will not be wherever you publish scripted mods.
//Jens Ejvinsson
Farming History: FS11, FS13, FS15, FS17, FS19 (Steam)
Logitech G29, Logitech/Saitek Sidepanel, Logitech F710 Wireless gamepad
PC Gamer - "The Silent Beast" i7-7700K @ 5Ghz, GTX 1070 @ 2.1GHz

Case IH Puma CVX With Tracks
Väderstad Rapid A600-800S Seed Drill
Tutorial compilation for FS19 - list of all my How To guides
Procobator

Post by Procobator »

Hmmm... gets called out for complaining and told to put money where mouth is. Then proceeds to make up reasons why he/she can’t.

I read 100’s of these opinion rants like this and as soon as someone is put in the spot and they fail to deliver it completely invalidates their opinion in my eyes.

Here’s a hint. Modders are not making their maps for you.
Victor997

Post by Victor997 »

So that's really it, everyone wants others to do stuff for them, but they aren't willing to do it for anyone else. Huh no wonder we are losing modders. Well don't worry if you keep complaining there won't be any mod maps with buried trees, because all the modders will leave. At this point I think this thread should be locked, you are disrepecting the entire community of mappers who make this game what it is.
Doc3d

Post by Doc3d »

I’m really not sure if It’s even possible to make new bushes currently. I’m pretty sure someone would if that was the case, but I have never seen one which leads me to believe it’s not doable for some reason. The buried trees is a workaround, and like previously stated, it’s not done because of laziness, but of necessity

I’ve seen buildings, pallets, junk, wheelbarrows, shovels, benches and tires... lots and lots of tires. But I’ve never seen a single bush released as a prefab or map asset. Is that because the whole world of modders are too lazy to build one (but keep making every tire possible) or could it be because it can’t be done for some reason...? Food for thought...

@cwattyeso: maybe making new bushes that are seasons compatible could be your niche mod. I am pretty sure it would be quite popular if one was made available -as I’m pretty sure a lot of modders bury trees gritting their teeth in lack of an alternative.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Victor997 wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:52 am And this thread is exactly why FS21 (hopefully FS22) will have even less modders than 19 and much much less modders than 17. We are losing the best map and model makers left and right, and all anyone here can do is complain about how someone else spent 600 hours making a map for them to use and they don't like the trees, lol. It's ok to think to yourself oh I wish they did it this way, but oh well if I want it that way, I will have to go open up Giants editor and make it that way. If you can't do that, then don't call their work junk.
Couldn't agree more some of the responses in this thread are pathetic. Some modders will pack in altogether and some carry on but the mods remain private we have access on a server to mods which will not be seen elsewhere.
Farming Girl

Post by Farming Girl »

It’s not just being able to cut the bushes down, but having them change with seasons, some people just don’t know what is involved in making a mod and then come up with excuses why they aren’t willing to do so themselves. All my mods will be available on the Modhub, because I want them to be available to console as well I take the extra time and care to make sure this is the case. (I have one in testing, another this week, then maybe one the week after) I take more time than most because I’m learning as I go. So having this knowledge I think it is down right rude for anyone to call any Modder lazy, no matter how poorly the mod is made. Even a poorly made map takes considerable time to produce, and what you call a lazy map may just be the limit of that modders ability at the time. I think more people should be grateful for what they actually get, and if they don’t like the modded maps, then they can play on the excellent default maps!
Ann-Marie

C&S Modding
Doc3d

Post by Doc3d »

...amen!
billy_roberts_81

Post by billy_roberts_81 »

It seems the trend even more so for Fs19 to slate the modders while offering no actual proof of a solution to the issues they are complaining about.

But then these types of people love to complain about others work, but aren't prepared to let there own work be judged as harshly.

As has been said it's no wonder more and more talented map makers are leaving Farm Sim or at least no longer publicly modding with the insulting posts that have appeared in this thread and many others.

I find it laughable that there is this assumption that modders MUST and SHOULD listen to feedback. Why should they?
Why should they care what every numpty under the sun thinks of there work? They will never please everyone.
Far better they do it for the enjoyment and challenge of creating something.

Just because someone releases a mod doesn't mean they have to listen or accept any feedback, or criticism.