The good small things in FS19

blue_painted

The good small things in FS19

Post by blue_painted »

After the rough start that FS19 had with a number of topics pointing out faults and short comings, this is (I hope) a more positive thread.

Now that we have Seasons19 I've started playing in earnest and this is my list of the small good changes:

1. Mods are listed alphabetically by name on the savegame loading screen - makes it much easier to find the new mod just downloaded added! (I think if FS17 they were alphabetical by filename)

2. The mini-map has a compass: Makes spraying OSR (canola) much easier and replaces Decker's compass mod I had in FS17

3. Change keybindings from when playing.

4. Turn off the game theme music - not sure if this was in FS17, it was always a race to get the game and savegame loaded before the guitar chord in FS17

5. Tyre tracks are much, much longer, which makes it easier to find you way back on a complex map.

Are there others?

(And also: No more gold nuggets, good riddance!)
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
OlavEmil

Re: The good small things in FS19

Post by OlavEmil »

I feel number 4 strongly!

I am curious of number 2. How do you use the compass for spraying? Sounds interesting.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

You do it like instrument approach in a aircraft: You spray on a heading at constant speed and then at the end of the work you make a 90° turn, count the necessary seconds, and then another 90°turn so now you are headed back again. Simples! :)
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Guil

Post by Guil »

If I'm using a 24 meter sprayer I add or remove 24m onto the second or the last set of numbers, it's confusing at first but easy when you get the hang of it.
Flat Stanley

Post by Flat Stanley »

You know, instead of having ALL the mods listed in one pile, why not have two lists....one for mods activated and one for those that are not. That way, I don't have to scroll down the hundreds of mods I have just to pick out the one little new mod that I just added.
Flat Stanley
ltl.vamp

Post by ltl.vamp »

You can press a button to disable all mods, press it again and all mods are enabled. Like this, you don't have to scroll for one new mod. It is the Y on Xbox for example. This is the fastest way.
Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One X, Xbox One
FS17 Platinum > FS19 Premium > FS15 Complete > FS22
Samsung UE65MU8009TX 4KUHDHDR
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Number 3 for me is my favourite addition.