Lean while using the Interior Camera

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
AndrewSwart

Lean while using the Interior Camera

Post by AndrewSwart »

Anyone know of any mods that would enable me to lean left, right and forward while using the interior camera?

Or just point me in the general direction of where to start making the mod, keep in mind that i have not made mods for FS as yet but i have always wanted to start.
juf.de

Re: Lean while using the Interior Camera

Post by juf.de »

Unfortunalty there is no such feature in FS19 and as far as i know there also is no mod out there going towards that direction.
To make such a mod you probably will need some knowledge in scripting aka programming in .lua or maybe it is possible to create a moving indoorcam with mousecontrol to move it around. While the second option is probably easier to accomplish it needs to implemeted in each tractor seperatly.
If you have money to spend there also is the option of buying and installing a TrackId or what it is called which does the some.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
AndrewSwart

Post by AndrewSwart »

juf.de wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:55 pm Unfortunalty there is no such feature in FS19 and as far as i know there also is no mod out there going towards that direction.
To make such a mod you probably will need some knowledge in scripting aka programming in .lua or maybe it is possible to create a moving indoorcam with mousecontrol to move it around. While the second option is probably easier to accomplish it needs to implemeted in each tractor seperatly.
If you have money to spend there also is the option of buying and installing a TrackId or what it is called which does the some.
unfortunately getting trackIR in my Country is just too expensive.

How do i change the camera attributes from a key press ? All i need is to change the camera position while the key is pressed and then on release it has to return back to normal. i do not know the arguments for a key press.
michaelr

Post by michaelr »

I don’t know of a mod that does this, but you might find inspiration from Deckers great QuickCamera mod. The peek left/right is amazing and I find it very hard to play this game without the “look behind” feature.

Those 3, at the very least, should really be in the base game. Seems like such a small thing to add, basically just key bindings, that improves the gameplay tremendously. I have missed this in every version of Farming Simulator since 2009. Absolutely great to have it as a mod, but this mod is rarely available on multiplayer games.
AndrewSwart

Post by AndrewSwart »

michaelr wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:49 am I don’t know of a mod that does this, but you might find inspiration from Deckers great QuickCamera mod. The peek left/right is amazing and I find it very hard to play this game without the “look behind” feature.

Those 3, at the very least, should really be in the base game. Seems like such a small thing to add, basically just key bindings, that improves the gameplay tremendously. I have missed this in every version of Farming Simulator since 2009. Absolutely great to have it as a mod, but this mod is rarely available on multiplayer games.
thanks, it is more or less what i had in mind but it doesn't move the camera but only rotates it left or right.
Decker_MMIV

Post by Decker_MMIV »

michaelr wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:49 am [..] but this mod is rarely available on multiplayer games.
Yeah, oddly enough? :hmm: Perhaps server-admins haven't been made aware of it yet? Or maybe it just hasn't been picked up / presented by YouTubers?

AndrewSwart wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:31 am [..] but it doesn't move the camera but only rotates it left or right.
The interior / in-cabin / inside camera is basically just a 'rotatable camera'... unless head-tracking is available and used, which then activates the 'moveable' part (source-code, lines 338-355.)

AndrewSwart wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:50 am All i need is to change the camera position while the key is pressed and then on release it has to return back to normal.
With what other input, besides the 'while key is pressed'-key, should be used to 'change the camera position'?

Lets say that the SPACE-key is chosen to be the key-to-press-and-hold, and then mouse movements left/right/forward/back will then 'move' the camera left/right/forward/back (without any rotation roll/pitch/yaw nor up/down-movement.)

Maybe I could experiment putting something like this into QuickCamera (for existing vehicle-cameras that allow head-tracking), though it might look "odd / unnatural", due to 'no roll/pitch'.
Decker_MMIV

Post by Decker_MMIV »

Hi AndrewSwart,

I have implemented sort of a "leaning feature" into my just updated QuickCamera v2.1.0.9 mod.

It is per default 'not activated', as the action 'QuickCamera: Move cabin camera' needs to be assigned a key first. - I personally use the spacebar key, due to not using vehicles with the InteractiveControls-script, so the might be issues if you use other mods that also modify the vehicles cameras.

When you have the action assigned, then press-and-hold that key, when being 'in the cabin' (i.e. inside / interior camera), to move (lean) the camera around; left/right, forward/backwards, up/down (mouse-wheel/zoom).

Releasing the key, will move the camera back to its normal position.
AndrewSwart

Post by AndrewSwart »

Decker_MMIV wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:50 pm Hi AndrewSwart,

I have implemented sort of a "leaning feature" into my just updated QuickCamera v2.1.0.9 mod.

It is per default 'not activated', as the action 'QuickCamera: Move cabin camera' needs to be assigned a key first. - I personally use the spacebar key, due to not using vehicles with the InteractiveControls-script, so the might be issues if you use other mods that also modify the vehicles cameras.

When you have the action assigned, then press-and-hold that key, when being 'in the cabin' (i.e. inside / interior camera), to move (lean) the camera around; left/right, forward/backwards, up/down (mouse-wheel/zoom).

Releasing the key, will move the camera back to its normal position.
This is more or less what i wanted, it would be better if there was two separate keys to lean left and lean right because it is challenging to use the mouse to move the camera while also needing the mouse to control the front loader.