Property maintenance cost

blue_painted

Property maintenance cost

Post by blue_painted »

I'm playing on Lipinki, New Farmer, with the first-release version of Seasons 19 (I will update when I get to winter) and with a large number of fields BUT no buildings other than are part of the map ... and the property maintenance cost is €912 per day ... that almost a thousand euro per day, or thirty six thousand per anum. That seems excessive to me ... could it be somethig I'm doing wrong? A map issue? Old(ish) Seasons?

On the Steam forum there's a thread for December 2018 that suggests that buildings can be maintained to reduce the cost - where would that be? Dops it exist really?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
bossmanslim

Re: Property maintenance cost

Post by bossmanslim »

Check your garage to see whats in there. Some equipment doesn't follow the FS19 model and still has maintenance on it.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Probably the starting buildings on the map have a Property Maintenance/Upkeep value defined within their XML files with the maps zip file. If you go into the zip and open up any of the placeable items xmls and see a line of code like this:
<dailyUpkeep>40</dailyUpkeep>

That will be the cause, and obviously the more buildings and placeables that you have on and around your farm the more you get charged. The buildings placed into the map still have these upkeep fees on them, even if you are not able to sell them or get rid of them. Seasons as well seems to greatly magnify and inflate that upkeep cost, which is why I've seen over the past few weeks mod author's updating their mods/maps to lower the upkeep fee they have on their objects so players aren't getting crippled for the daily fee.

I myself have taken to making sure I check every placeable object, every map building and every mod I download and if they contain that Daily Upkeep Fee, I make sure to set it to 0 and save the file. In FS19 there really is no need to still have the daily maintenance costs on anything, as wear is done much differently in this game and we can manually repair our items and objects now with the workshop.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

bossmanslim wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:10 pm Check your garage to see whats in there. Some equipment doesn't follow the FS19 model and still has maintenance on it.
I've looked in the garage and there I can see the various animal pens etc, but there's no way to see if there's any maintenance on it there.

I've looked in the XML - save game and map - and I can see there are some placeable buildings with <dailyUpkeep>50</dailyUpkeep> in the XML, but all of them together don't add up to 900, it's nearer 500.

Thanks, but I'm still puzzeled.

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Like I just said Blue_Painted because you are using Seasons Mod with the Map, Seasons greatly increases the wear cost, maintenance costs and daily upkeep costs. So unless the Lipinki Map Author does a seasons update for his map and lowers/removes the Daily Upkeep from his placed buildings, you're going to get stung every day for the ridiculous amount of money.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Maikello

Post by Maikello »

blue_painted wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:29 pm
I've looked in the garage and there I can see the various animal pens etc, but there's no way to see if there's any maintenance on it there.

I've looked in the XML - save game and map - and I can see there are some placeable buildings with <dailyUpkeep>50</dailyUpkeep> in the XML, but all of them together don't add up to 900, it's nearer 500.

Thanks, but I'm still puzzeled.
Depends on the length of the season, shorter = larger multiplier. same for wearing-out, fuel usage, loan interest. Even if you have plecables refill tanks, refilling costs will be different
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

Maikello wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:34 pm Depends on the length of the season, shorter = larger multiplier. same for wearing-out, fuel usage, loan interest. Even if you have plecables refill tanks, refilling costs will be different
Really? Input costs like seed and fertilizer would scale with season length? That doesn't seem right.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

cwattyeso wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:31 pm Like I just said Blue_Painted because you are using Seasons Mod with the Map, Seasons greatly increases the wear cost, maintenance costs and daily upkeep costs. So unless the Lipinki Map Author does a seasons update for his map and lowers/removes the Daily Upkeep from his placed buildings, you're going to get stung every day for the ridiculous amount of money.
I've done the edits and now the cost is much more reasonable.

Thanks all.

Maikello

Post by Maikello »

DirectCedar wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:13 pm
Really? Input costs like seed and fertilizer would scale with season length? That doesn't seem right.

I played on Horsch Agrovation (24 days, hard lvl). And there is a implemented liquid fertilizer purchase point. The first time I was surprised that the cost is so low. 4500 liters and I paid less than for a pallet. So I checked the map files. Price factor 1.25 so I should pay a lot more. Then I checked 12 days. The cost was higher. I also used the liquid manure purchase point, season 24 days 21000 l = ~600$; 12 days ~750$

@blue_painted
Check this Polish Cow Pasture (Seasons rdy) https://ls-portal.eu/polish-cow-pasture-1-1-0-0/
Crazof

Post by Crazof »

this stuff is funny to me, on normal you can make approx $100K on one truck load of canola, yet people fret over spending a grand on something.
Maikello

Post by Maikello »

Crazof wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:33 pm this stuff is funny to me, on normal you can make approx $100K on one truck load of canola, yet people fret over spending a grand on something.
Full year in 24 days Season. 96 days * 1000$ daily up keep = 96000$. You have 4000$ left for the next year...
Crazof

Post by Crazof »

if you play for 96 in game days and only manage to produce one truck load of canola leaving you $4K at the end of the year then you probably deserve to fail
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

Maikello wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:28 pm
@blue_painted
Check this Polish Cow Pasture (Seasons rdy) https://ls-portal.eu/polish-cow-pasture-1-1-0-0/
Thanks for the link.

lady_drey

Post by lady_drey »

Crazof wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:09 pm if you play for 96 in game days and only manage to produce one truck load of canola leaving you $4K at the end of the year then you probably deserve to fail
From the Seasons Mod Website https://www.realismusmodding.com/mods/s ... /gameplay/
Each season consists of 3 periods, referred to as early, mid or late in the game. Since there are 4 seasons in a year, there are 12 of these periods. Because each season consists of 3 periods, the season length can only be set to a multiple of 3 days. 3 days is the minimum season length, which would mean a period lasting one day and a full year lasting 12 days. We have chosen 24 days as the maximum. A 24 day season length will result in each period lasting 8 days and a full year lasting 96 days.
Please note that you only get one harvest per year. I just ran Seasons for one night on the 3 day setting and my upkeep costs per day we $4,500.00 and change, and these costs continue to grow per day. In a 3 day setting, you get 3 days per season=12 days per year. That would put my upkeep at over $54,000.00 per year just to maintain the farm. If you can only afford 1 or 2 fields, wheat/barley/oats wont even touch that maintenance cost. The maintenance fees in seasons is debilitating unless you hack the map's xml files like cwattyeso suggests.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Why would you be on 96 day seasons with 2 fields?