Is there a quick fix for mod maps where not all land is purchasable/ownable

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
cwattyeso

Is there a quick fix for mod maps where not all land is purchasable/ownable

Post by cwattyeso »

So I'm currently playing on the County Lines 4x Map with Seasons Support, how I keep running into an issue on the map. The map author doesn't seem to have correctly defined the shape and size of the plots of land you can buy and own. There are several areas on the map with land you are not able to buy or can't own. However these parts of land contain sections and portions of some fields. This means in game when playing there are areas of some fields you are not allowed to work because you apparently don't own the land, nor with the in game terrain tools can you make any adjustments or alterations to this land.

Is there anyway to do a quick fix of this on my local copy of the map, or how would you go about editing and fixing this on the map? I did report the issue to the Map Author when the map released but, they've not released an update or a fix for the problem. So I need to do it myself, and then be able to update the map on my multiplayer server as well, so all players don't have the same issue of not being able to work all their fields or paint/adjust all their terrain.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
mcatalyst

Re: Is there a quick fix for mod maps where not all land is purchasable/ownable

Post by mcatalyst »

cwattyeso wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:37 am So I'm currently playing on the County Lines 4x Map with Seasons Support, how I keep running into an issue on the map. The map author doesn't seem to have correctly defined the shape and size of the plots of land you can buy and own. There are several areas on the map with land you are not able to buy or can't own. However these parts of land contain sections and portions of some fields. This means in game when playing there are areas of some fields you are not allowed to work because you apparently don't own the land, nor with the in game terrain tools can you make any adjustments or alterations to this land.

Is there anyway to do a quick fix of this on my local copy of the map, or how would you go about editing and fixing this on the map? I did report the issue to the Map Author when the map released but, they've not released an update or a fix for the problem. So I need to do it myself, and then be able to update the map on my multiplayer server as well, so all players don't have the same issue of not being able to work all their fields or paint/adjust all their terrain.
Open the map in the editor.
Select the Info tool.
Change TipCol drop down in the attributes window to farmlands.
Use the checkboxes to select the correct farmland number. The drop down option does not work correctly. Here is a guide to the numbers. viewtopic.php?t=132582
After using the checkboxes hover the mouse over the display and the white display will change to the farmland you just selected.
Find the one that would connect the unowned land with the white display and paint it white with the info tool.

If you want to make a new farmland you'll have to select a number, paint the ground, then edit the farmlands.xml and add in the new farmland number.
Myrithis - Catalyzer Industries
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Thank you for that very helpful information, now I just need to find someway of working out how the field numbers on the map/pda translate to their actual farmland numbers in the map files and editor. Because for example on the map I'm trying to edit Field 9 and the land it is on does not translate to Farmland 9 in the Editor.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

mcatalyst

Post by mcatalyst »

cwattyeso wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:53 pm Thank you for that very helpful information, now I just need to find someway of working out how the field numbers on the map/pda translate to their actual farmland numbers in the map files and editor. Because for example on the map I'm trying to edit Field 9 and the land it is on does not translate to Farmland 9 in the Editor.
Check the farmlands.xml file to find all the field numbers that are currently active. In the editor go through the checkboxes for each of those field numbers until the correct one lights up white on the map when you hover the display after checking the boxes.

That is the quickest way I know of.
Myrithis - Catalyzer Industries
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Yeah that's what I had to do in the end just trial and error the checkboxes until the right land lit up. Turned out that Field 9 which was the worst painted by the author ended up being Farmland 26 and Field 33 next to it ended up being Farmland 19 and then Field 19 turned out to be Farmland 16. At least now with your assistance I have managed to fix it. Thank you again.