Property maintenance cost

lady_drey

Re: Property maintenance cost

Post by lady_drey »

Nigel wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:27 pm Why would you be on 96 day seasons with 2 fields?
My first thought would be that when you start out, it is all you can afford. 1.25 Mil is not enough to get a descent farm going if your maintenance costs are high. Add to that you have to repay $250,000.00 of your starting funds and in Seasons; 'interest' payments in Seasons are also quite heavy. So if you dont want to get sidled with interest payments in seasons, you pay back $250,000.00 immediately upon starting a new game and you only have 1 mil to buy everything with.

Then you have to plan for the inevitable ever growing property maintenance costs, let a lone equipment maintenance and leasing costs, fertiliser/seed/lime costs, etc... and it leaves very little after your initial purchases.

Remember, you only get one harvest per year per field. Essentially, you get one day out of 12 (with seasons set to 3 days) with which to make money.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

On fs17 with maintenance costs the amounts depended on the seasons length. So if you were paying £4.5k per day on 3 day seasons, you would pay half that per day on 6 day. Overall the cost per season was the same.

I think anyway, it’s been a while.
Crazof

Post by Crazof »

lady_drey wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:06 pm Remember, you only get one harvest per year per field. Essentially, you get one day out of 12 (with seasons set to 3 days) with which to make money.

If you only make money one day a year then you are missing out on a lot of other things to do in this game
lady_drey

Post by lady_drey »

Crazof wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:02 pm
lady_drey wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:06 pm Remember, you only get one harvest per year per field. Essentially, you get one day out of 12 (with seasons set to 3 days) with which to make money.

If you only make money one day a year then you are missing out on a lot of other things to do in this game
Pretty sure you are not understanding the mechanics. Regardless, even if you accept contracts and use animals (which come with a whole new set of expenses), the property maintenance costs are still outrageously insane.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

lady_drey wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:06 pm
Nigel wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:27 pm Why would you be on 96 day seasons with 2 fields?
My first thought would be that when you start out, it is all you can afford. 1.25 Mil is not enough to get a descent farm going if your maintenance costs are high. Add to that you have to repay $250,000.00 of your starting funds and in Seasons; 'interest' payments in Seasons are also quite heavy. So if you dont want to get sidled with interest payments in seasons, you pay back $250,000.00 immediately upon starting a new game and you only have 1 mil to buy everything with.

Then you have to plan for the inevitable ever growing property maintenance costs, let a lone equipment maintenance and leasing costs, fertiliser/seed/lime costs, etc... and it leaves very little after your initial purchases.

Remember, you only get one harvest per year per field. Essentially, you get one day out of 12 (with seasons set to 3 days) with which to make money.
So....why would you be on 96 day seasons with 1 or 2 fields? 3, 6 maybe 9 days seems logical. 96 is beyond extreme for 2 fields.
lady_drey

Post by lady_drey »

Nigel wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:48 pm
lady_drey wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:06 pm

So....why would you be on 96 day seasons with 1 or 2 fields? 3, 6 maybe 9 days seems logical. 96 is beyond extreme for 2 fields.
The mod indicates that the prices scale with the time duration's. You should be paying the same at the end of the year regardless of what Season duration you play on.

However, I am not on a 96 day 'season' (this is not possible); a 96 day 'year' is a 24 day 'season' (which is the max).
I am actually on a 3 day season (the minimum) which translates into a 12 day year.
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

As noted in the Seasons thread placeable maintenance costs was set too high and will be revised in next version.

Daily cost is normalized with season length though.
Maikello

Post by Maikello »

Nigel wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:48 pm
I played in a 24-day season with two fields. I didn't hire workers. One field had 15 hectares and the other 30. In the meantime I have done missions in the field which is almost 90. :chinese: :lol:
Sooiee

Post by Sooiee »

Westbridge Hills I pay $324,000 a year on new farmer😂 crazy... Haven't added any builds or pens
Deereslayer

Post by Deereslayer »

Guys, you know you have to pay taxes on anything you own. That's where the fee comes from. Farm machinery may be tax exempt but land is not! Keep complaining and they will go up, and hope to God you don't get audited..
pumpkinpatch

Post by pumpkinpatch »

lady_drey wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:09 pm
I just ran Seasons for one night on the 3 day setting and my upkeep costs per day we $4,500.00 and change, and these costs continue to grow per day. In a 3 day setting, you get 3 days per season=12 days per year. That would put my upkeep at over $54,000.00 per year just to maintain the farm. If you can only afford 1 or 2 fields, wheat/barley/oats wont even touch that maintenance cost. The maintenance fees in seasons is debilitating unless you hack the map's xml files like cwattyeso suggests.
4500 per day does seem like a huge amount, especially on 3-day seasons! Which map was this? Or did you add a bunch of placeables?

The most I've ever paid was around 1200 on 12-day seasons. In my current playthrough I've even upped the maintenance to simulate having to support a family.
humbe

Post by humbe »

As far as my numbers go "daily upkeep" in season is per season. So you pay daily upkeep x4 during a year, regardless of season length. I'm on a 9 day season, paying ~$51 per day, so $1836 for a year, which is $459 per season, so my buildings sum up to $459 daily upkeep. (I have a small farm though, and paying attention to the numbers as I'm on hard economy.)