Let’s go back in time

Beanbrother

Let’s go back in time

Post by Beanbrother »

Wondering if maybe it’s time for FS to go backwards with some DLC‘s. Old-school JD,Massey, and New Holland, Case, just to name a few. I love seeing all the new tech. But something about tractors in the 80s 90s really appeal. I believe to a lot of us. I know that ppl are going to be said “just go to PC” but I think that should be on Giants to bring it across all platforms.
bluecoller81

Re: Let’s go back in time

Post by bluecoller81 »

I'd love to see a an older JD 8400. It was my workhorse when I had fs17 on computer. Just have 19 on console now.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

Yes please ... Ford 7600, Claas Senator 80, Dominator 85, Massey Fergusson 165/185, Dowdeswell DP7, Kongskilde triple-K and virbaflex, Weeks 5t trailer ... I'm back in 1980 and 17 years old ...
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

If this were a Poll thread, it'd show Giants what kind of interest there was. If there was enough, maybe they'd consider putting out a DLC.
I'd love to begin a game on a little farm with some older equipment.
BoxTunnel

Post by BoxTunnel »

Thoroughly agree with this idea.
Valko_inen

Post by Valko_inen »

I made an account just to say yes please!
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

Drmattymd wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:50 pm The problem with this is that most of the manufacturers likely want to stick with the newer models
I'm not so sure ... the Claas website seems to be very proud, rightfully so, of their older machines. I can imagine the problem with Ford, since the brand ownership isn't perfectly straight forward. JD USA have two history/legacy stories on the front page of their website (but ... JD ...) ... MF and AGCO, who knows what they are up to? :)
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

I am pretty sure Giants would be very happy to bring these older things. But why we have not so many of them on consoles?

Few points to bring out here:
- Consoles needs licensed mods - Older machinery license are harder to get because: 1. Licenses are
per machinery (newer machinery license does not cover older). 2. Manufacturers do not want to advertise out of production equipment 3. License are not available anymore (for example Ford license).

- Giants needs blueprints, photos and sound recordings of real machinery - they want to make equipment as real as possible, even they get the license for it, it
requires they follow the real model. Blueprints are hard to acquire and older machinery hard to find (for photos and sounds).

What Giants can do at the moment? First negotiate with equipment manufacturers to get more older machinery (for example we got Claas dominator,
Fiat 150 and other older equipments this way). Second: more licensed brands, this means modders can make mods available to Console, now we can have older
John Deere, Claas and Fiat mods on consoles too.

What players can do at the moment? 1. Buy PC and get lot of not real and not licensed older mods. 2. Start to make mods themself, for example make copies of they
own old farm equipment and if license is available submit them to console.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

This was begged for in FS17 too and it just didn't happen. Polls, mod requests, etc... Giants is focused on modern farming.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

fenixguy wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:38 pm This was begged for in FS17 too and it just didn't happen. Polls, mod requests, etc... Giants is focused on modern farming.
Yes, Giants is, if he would not, then we had only one brand called "Lizard".
But what about modders? Still most of the mods are modern farming, not old timers.
wombles

Post by wombles »

Excellent idea OP, I too would love older tractors as DLC.
kintino

Post by kintino »

if I'm not mistaken we had an Ursus DLC that brought some old tractors and a package in FS 17 of some European models
1992Tadej1992

Post by 1992Tadej1992 »

Yeah we all love nostalgia.
niggle44

Post by niggle44 »

blue_painted wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:45 am Yes please ... Ford 7600, Claas Senator 80, Dominator 85, Massey Fergusson 165/185, Dowdeswell DP7, Kongskilde triple-K and virbaflex, Weeks 5t trailer ... I'm back in 1980 and 17 years old ...
Totally with you on this - so want some 70/80s Fords on console ( TW20 / 6600 / 7700) used these and the Class combines back in the day as a teenager. (although of course was not considered old enough to be able to plough especially with dads cherished DP7 ):
Sinclaircool

Post by Sinclaircool »

With the ford licence they could brand it as a new Holland and just put a ford decal on it as a design option
Don't leak mods