John Deere S790 - Console slot count - Can we get clarification

chedly_farms

Re: John Deere S790 - Console slot count - Can we get clarification

Post by chedly_farms »

I'm gonna play the counter argument here though, and say that perhaps with the FSL thing having issues and bugs, Giants and Realism working through bugs on Seasons, the Claas DLC, and any other projects that the have going on and with Gamescon coming up, maybe they legitimately don't have time to look into it. Or they have perhaps found something that helps with performance, and they are figuring out how to do it on a bigger scale and maybe adjust something that brings it to PS4. I don't understand why everyone automatically thinks the worse from Giants. They have fixed a lot of issues that the game had, stuff they even said they weren't going to or couldn't fix.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

chedly_farms wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:54 pm I don't understand why everyone automatically thinks the worse from Giants
Because when companies have good news (ie: lower slot count) they'll put it out every way possible to attract new fans and build goodwill with existing customers. When a company screws up and has to backpedal in a way that will negatively effect customers, they'll drag their feet and not say anything until they have a solution.

Or, they'll do like DeereJason said and "fix" the xbox slot count with the seasons ready patch. That's my prediction.

"Hey look console players! You get seasons! *thumbsup* :gamer: :this: Also some other minor game changes and bug fixes. Don't worry about it, it's fine." :lol:

Honestly though, I'd give up my recently added slots for seasons so that's not a big deal. I never hit the slot limit before the patch. As long as seasons itself doesn't take up slots... :hmm:
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

A lot of tinfoil ITT
Walrusman02

Post by Walrusman02 »

i think everyone is making a big fuss over somethin relatively insignificant. We survived with fewer slots before, if they revert it, then we will survive again. Idc tbh, if giants wants to let us have some more slots so be it, if fewer, so be it then too
2004 Sierra 1500 SLE 4x4
5.3 vortec w/turbo
DeereJason

Post by DeereJason »

chedly_farms wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:54 pm I'm gonna play the counter argument here though, and say that perhaps with the FSL thing having issues and bugs, Giants and Realism working through bugs on Seasons, the Claas DLC, and any other projects that the have going on and with Gamescon coming up, maybe they legitimately don't have time to look into it. Or they have perhaps found something that helps with performance, and they are figuring out how to do it on a bigger scale and maybe adjust something that brings it to PS4. I don't understand why everyone automatically thinks the worse from Giants. They have fixed a lot of issues that the game had, stuff they even said they weren't going to or couldn't fix.
If they need "more time" then they need to MAKE time. Why is the gaming world immune to the realities the rest of the world faces? If my customers are demanding something, guess what? I'm there until it's done. I work the necessary hours to meet deadlines.

Ironically, this game attempt to simulate farming. When calves are born during the night, they are attended to. When crops need harvesting and pressed against the weather, there is no sleeping

I'm not going to feel any sympathy for yet another issue that has gone unaddressed or ignored. They've made their bed.
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

Walrusman02 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:58 am i think everyone is making a big fuss over somethin relatively insignificant. We survived with fewer slots before, if they revert it, then we will survive again. Idc tbh, if giants wants to let us have some more slots so be it, if fewer, so be it then too
I agree with you a bit...if things were the same on slots its fine. However, they managed to lower the slots for Xbox Which is Great! All I'm asking is that we all get to reap these benefits! I have asked several Xbox players who have maxed out the new slots on purpose and no game issues or crashes. It works, so let PS4 in on it also
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
traveler87

Post by traveler87 »

Love them or hate them the team at No Man's Sky pushed out 18 game builds within 48hrs this past weekend to patch and update their Beyond release. My memory is fuzzy but I think it was months after release before our first major patch to FS19. The slot limit is obviously a problem evident in the number of, and response to, complaint posts here on the forum. If there is a way to eliminate or reduce the problem then it's in GIant's best interest to do so. Lately I'm unsure as to what their interests are.
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

Mafredr wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:58 pm
TacoFarmer wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:46 pm
Mafredr wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:00 pm Another point is to clerify slots isent something decided by Sony and Microsoft. Bad ide or good ide it's Giants ide and not thos to 🙂
Exactly this.

After three weeks of "we are looking into it",and they know nothing?
They must have MrMagoo without his glasses looking.
Then again GIANTS has never really had good communication.
Its all about making a buck. And they already have ours.
They know perfectly well by now. They just dont want to say anything yet for whatever reason... makes you think it was a mistake and it's gona be upped again on Xbox.
Maybe the reason is they dont want to lose Platinum Expansion preorder $$$$?
They scared PS4 preorders will drop if they say this is XB1 only,and
scared XB1 preorders will drop if they say they are reversing it.

Its been a month,have they even addressed the issue on their FB,twitter,etc etc?
Like a generic we are looking into this thanks for your patience.
I doubt it.
You have like what,less than 300 active forum members vs 1000s of Twitter and FB followers.

And I agree with you they know the answer by now.
Why cant they be honest....
Because they fu*ked up?
Its ok GIANTS we are all just humans.

And say XB1 user on RavenPort is at 1250 slots with all John Deere equipment.If they revert what happens to his system?

If it cant be done on PS4 then just sayit cant,and leave the XB1 like it is.
To be continued ....
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
chh997

Post by chh997 »

I've updated and I'm also around 47 on ps4.
Mafredr

Post by Mafredr »

Lets hope they decide to come whit a honest answer this week 🙂
cheffe90

Post by cheffe90 »

Still waiting
PS4 - Geiselsberg
FS since '08
Farm-war

Post by Farm-war »

and continue with your disappointment, buy an xbox and problem solved
*thumbsup* *thumbsup* Hello, I am currently playing on a MSI gtx 1660 ti pc, AMD ryzen 5 3600, 16 gb ram 500 GB SSD :gamer: :gamer: :gamer:
gilroy222

Post by gilroy222 »

Farm-war wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:22 pm and continue with your disappointment, buy an xbox and problem solved
Don't get too high and mighty just yet.... Remember Giants said they weren't sure why the slots went down, so they had to look into it. There is always the possibility of them reversing this.

Edit: right on cue. See Stegei's post
Last edited by gilroy222 on Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stegei
GIANTS Software | CTO

Post by Stegei »

The XboxOne version currently has a bug, that some vehicles have a too low slot count (and some have a too high one) shown in the shop page. But it would still use more memory than what the slot count would suggest. So buying too many different of those can actually lead to a crash due to running out of memory (note that buying the second version of the same vehicle correctly only uses a very small number, usually just 1). Also the maps don't use as many slots as needed by the system.
This will be fixed with the next patch, so that the slot counts will match again with the PS4 version (the PS4 version doesn't have that issue).
If you did use that bug and bought more vehicles that what would have been possible with the correct system (and you were lucky that the game did not crash), your savegame will continue to work with the patch. However, you will have to sell vehicles until you get back to slot count smaller than the maximum allowed before you can buy new vehicles again.
Chaki
GIANTS Software | Community Coordinator

Post by Chaki »

Stegei wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:28 pm The XboxOne version currently has a bug, that some vehicles have a too low slot count (and some have a too high one) shown in the shop page. But it would still use more memory than what the slot count would suggest. So buying too many different of those can actually lead to a crash due to running out of memory (note that buying the second version of the same vehicle correctly only uses a very small number, usually just 1). Also the maps don't use as many slots as needed by the system.
This will be fixed with the next patch, so that the slot counts will match again with the PS4 version (the PS4 version doesn't have that issue).
If you did use that bug and bought more vehicles that what would have been possible with the correct system (and you were lucky that the game did not crash), your savegame will continue to work with the patch. However, you will have to sell vehicles until you get back to slot count smaller than the maximum allowed before you can buy new vehicles again.
What he said, i was about to write this. :biggrin2:

Thanks Stegei!
aka Chris - Community Coordinator - Professional Wolf - Typer of Keys

Technical Help [EN/DE] - Bug Reports - Support