Profit/Selling Analysis, Vehicle Info, Mods, and more inside!

petra25

Profit/Selling Analysis, Vehicle Info, Mods, and more inside!

Post by petra25 »

Hey guys, we've had some really great info/analysis threads posted since the release of FS19.

The purpose of this thread is to aggregate all the best resources for FS19 in one place so they are easier to find for everyone.

I'll actively add new topics as they're created. If I missed one or you have other ideas for additions to this thread, please let me know and I'll add it.

Edit don_apple: topic moved from german to english section.
Last edited by petra25 on Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doc3d

Re: Profit/Selling Analysis, Vehicle Info, Mods, and more inside!

Post by Doc3d »

You need to check out Real Life Numbers by Armchair modding. It changes most stock things to be more realistic, and will output a bucketload of info about prices, profits and expected expenses to the logfile. A really massive job done with this.
RLN will for example calculate your profits from the different contracts on offer so if you have for example a seeding contract, the logfile will output how much seed you would need to cover the contract, fuel-costs, helpers wages if used etc etc, mark up their cost and deduct that from the offer, leaving you with what you profit after expenses. Both if you use own equipment or rented. Animals has been chang d to allow for more realistic breeding, so a pig might have on average 14 piglets per period, it will calculate how many pigs you need to buy to fill your available pen, and how long it will take to fill it, then how many you need to sell to keep a steady production. *

All kinds of stuff in there, these were just examples. A really massive mod that I can’t praise enough.

The mod-maker (user kahfs on this forum) is in the process of making it seasons compatible. Since it alters a lot of the same things (maintenance, repairs, lots of stuff with animals, lease prices and more) it will not work properly with seasons at the moment but as far as I am aware, this is being worked on A TM and will be available when ready.

*disclaimer: the mod is really complicated and I might have misunderstood something or written it wrong here so there might be misinformation in my praises :)
alpha117

Post by alpha117 »

Have to agree...it's a wow MOD BUT it's not for everyone. It currently does not work with seasons.As seasons in now currently controlling the animal growth curve and other data and as Doc3d has stated the author is currently working on it to make it seasons ready, but this data is needed to help in the integration of this with seasons.

I have attached some example data that you get from this MOD, to help you plan your farm.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5lz48pe4e9mvh ... t.pdf?dl=0

The MOD comes with an 80 page documentation....heavy reading but it shows how much work has gone into this MOD in collecting and utilising realworld data, which currently is for Germany only.
Doc3d

Post by Doc3d »

Actually there is a version for UK and one for US as well. They are hosted at modhoster.com
alpha117

Post by alpha117 »

cool, but are these also do not work with seasons
Last edited by alpha117 on Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
crash

Post by crash »

Would love to have the unit convert mod from fs17 made to fs19. That way you could change what units is used for diffrent crops, and change their value per unit, and the volume/wheight. all according to your local statistics. Here, milk sells by the tonne, so does grains..
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
Doc3d

Post by Doc3d »

alpha117 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:34 pm cool, but are these also do not work with seasons
Correct. They all need updating to work with seasons.
Flat Stanley

Post by Flat Stanley »

Is there a video for RLN that I can watch? I couldn't find anything on it.

Does it play well with Global Company?
Flat Stanley
Doc3d

Post by Doc3d »

Flat Stanley wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:05 am Is there a video for RLN that I can watch? I couldn't find anything on it.

Does it play well with Global Company?

No video that I know of. It’s hosted on modhoster.com and comes with a hefty 80 page manual explaining most things, though.

Don’t know about GC compatibility, but I don’t see why it wouldn’t. I have both in my mods folder and have not noticed any errors (but I generally don’t use GC much som I don’t know)
kahfs

Post by kahfs »

Hi there.
Just to confirm what has already been mentioned. FS19_RealLifeNumbers (let' call it RLN) is being modified so that it will work with Seasons. The main reason for adjustments is that the two mods would compete in areas of animal care and crop growth. Seasons has introduced some really nice solutions to these areas so I'm removing the competing components from RLN. Seasons maintains the economic model of the base game, meaning that prices are scaled upward. This is one area, where RLN will make a difference. RLN comes (at the moment) in 3 flavors, one for German price levels, on for UK prices and one for US Heartland prices. The prices being defined are for animals, animal products, animal transport, crops, farm commodities and land. It also offers realistic prices for contract jobs, leasing equipment and renting land. RLN will also define crop yield based on geographical location. However, I'm not sure at this moment if Seasons will overrule the yield specifications in RLN. More game playing will reveal this, but I'm too busy modifying and testing. RLN is written so that it is fairly easy for the player to change values of mod input parameters. You just need an editor like Notepad++ and the ability to unzip and zip the mod.

The now deleted animal care script in RLN offered predictions on annual need of feed, straw, hay, silage, number of bales etc, for a given herd size and also predicted how much field area you would need to produce the crops and bales. This information will be missing in the first release of the adjusted version of RLN. The information is calculated based on feed intake. This is now controlled by the weight of the animals and thereby by the weight curve defined in Seasons. When I have a better understanding of how the growth curves are defined, I'll get started on developing the predictions.

Besides this, RLN also provides information on how much fertilizer to spray, depending on the type of crop and the type of fertilizer. If one then uses the mod VariableSprayUsage, one can make adjustments of the sprayer/spreader to apply a realistic amount.

Unit conversion is not included in RLN. And other mods doing unit conversion will not have an effect on anything printed out to the log file. It probably will have an effect on prices printed in in-game HUDs. Unit conversion is not simple as specific units are used for different crops (bu/ac, lb/ac, cwt/ac).

The main script by Global Company (GC) does not interfere with RLN. I use it because I like to produce my own pigfood, seed and fertilizer, washed potatoes and such. I've seen one GC-based bale storage script that defines bales to have a volume of 4000 L. RLN redefines the bale volumes to match their dimensions, so that is one example of a conflict. In many cases it is possible for a player to adjust these numbers within the script, to make them use the same values. To make this work for bales produced by you, you will need the mod VariableBaleCapacity.

Overall, RLN reduces the prices by 3-5, and in some cases a lot more. So, it becomes a completely different type of game. For this reason I recommend that you use RLN on a new savegame. You cannot reestablish the old economy just by deactivating RLN. The prices defined in RLN are what you will get, if you play on HARD economic level. If you play RLN on NORMAL economic level the prices are scaled by 1.8 and on EASY economic level by 3.

RLN is published at www.modhoster.com, and that is where I look for comments and questions.
K. Henneberg/ArmChairFarming. Author of RealLifeNumbers (FS19, FS22)
1992Tadej1992

Post by 1992Tadej1992 »

That is certainly not updated for seasons. The last change was before(4th July) the release of seasons.

I didnt try it if is there any issues tho.
Last edited by 1992Tadej1992 on Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Guil

Post by Guil »

1992Tadej1992 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:48 am That is certainly not updated for seasons. The last change was before(4th July) the release of seasons.
Did you read the first sentence in the post?
1992Tadej1992

Post by 1992Tadej1992 »

Guil wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:50 am
1992Tadej1992 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:48 am That is certainly not updated for seasons. The last change was before(4th July) the release of seasons.
By who?
FarmerLee73

Post by FarmerLee73 »

kahfs wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:32 am Hi there.
Just to confirm what has already been mentioned. FS19_RealLifeNumbers (let' call it RLN) is being modified so that it will work with Seasons.
BEING
Guil

Post by Guil »

1992Tadej1992 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:52 am
Guil wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:50 am
By who?
Kahfs, the post before yours with the link.