Land availability

kenly

Land availability

Post by kenly »

Hey everyone I had an epiphany while playing the other day! The land/field sale system is off. Not all land should be available for sale all the time. That would totally change the gameplay needing to work around what's available. I came on here and searched this idea and apparently fs13 had an auction style land purchase system...? I've never played it.

But maybe rather then the land purchase page offering all land for sale it could be a classified listing page for randomized lands for sale... I think this topic needs more attention! I have experience coding and do some lite modding myself but this is definitively beyond me
Nigel

Re: Land availability

Post by Nigel »

Why would all land not be available for sale?
Walrusman02

Post by Walrusman02 »

i mean for the right price, id think anything...

but i suppose it would be a cool idea
2004 Sierra 1500 SLE 4x4
5.3 vortec w/turbo
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

I would really like that, also bring back the auction system, using that was very fun. Maybe a negotiation system so you might pay more if the owner doesn’t want to sell it or something.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
iB055

Post by iB055 »

A land lease system would also be great to see.
FS22 / PC & PS4 Pro
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

That makes more sense, being able to lease land.
Bootdancer47

Post by Bootdancer47 »

redglasses wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:25 am I would really like that, also bring back the auction system, using that was very fun. Maybe a negotiation system so you might pay more if the owner doesn’t want to sell it or something.
There was a way to beat the land auction in FS13 where you pretty much were able to win every land auction--I used it whenever I really wanted a particular field. I would park a vehicle right beside the auction symbol, and tab to that vehicle about a minute before the auction expired, make my bid then, and usually won the bid--one time I forgot that I was bidding until it was too late because I was doing some other work on the farm. :biggrin2:
kenly

Post by kenly »

That's my point though guys... not everything is "on the market". Motivation to buy or sell anything can have a profound effect on price! Yeah everything is for sale! but if the guy selling it wants 30% over face value would your really pay that?

In this game I always just buy land right next to my farm. Cause why not? its easier. But if the land all the way across the map was cheaper because the owner wants to get rid of it fast then I'd be motivated to do that. I mean look at farms in real life... they have fields spread all over! It adds a complexity to the game. Cause now you even have to worry about road speeds of tractors. Which is fairly irrelevant right now as long as you have a truck for selling your crop and to do shop runs.

Yeah I agree land leasing would be awesome too!

Also the value of land still bothers me too. For example... a piece of land with a farm which has buildings on it still has a value only effected by the area it takes up on the map.
SJ_Sathanas

Post by SJ_Sathanas »

It would be good if the condition of the land could affect it's value.
Doc3d

Post by Doc3d »

Real Life Numbers mod (I’m promoting this one so much these days, I should get a percentage! :) ) adds lease to a random number of fields. I think the leasing price is 10% of the sales amount. As well as too many things to spam this thread with. Check out viewtopic.php?f=963&t=151191 if interested.

Another thing that sort of bothers me is where you have to BUY the Sellpoint before being able to use it. How many farmers do you know that owns a BGA, a couple of sell-silos, a diner and a factory? It’s not on every map, but some are closed off until you buy the land, which I find a bit odd.

There is also the setting of land prices. The map author can set whatever price they want, so if a map has only one farm, some set the land value close to the farm higher, making it feasible to buy land further away. And others include a number of fields in each chunk of land for sale (I guess that’s the more realistic approach, so when you buy a farm, a certain number of fields are included)
BoxTunnel

Post by BoxTunnel »

Doc3d wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:33 am ...
Another thing that sort of bothers me is where you have to BUY the Sellpoint before being able to use it. How many farmers do you know that owns a BGA, a couple of sell-silos, a diner and a factory? It’s not on every map, but some are closed off until you buy the land, which I find a bit odd.
Totally agree with this.

There may be more experienced players who know better or a background mechanic that necessitates it, but I find it ridiculous.

The chaps that sold me and fitted my new carpets didn't buy my flat first. Shell Oil didn't buy my car when they sold me petrol yesterday. I don't own the guy that bought one of my guitars on a well known online auction site.

I really don't understand this game mechanic.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Similarly to the issue of having to buy land to be able to use sell points etc that is completely ridiculous, is then a similar issue where by when I do buy land, if there are buildings or items on that land, why can't I sell them off or demolish and remove them to make way for objects that I want to place of my own? Don't get me wrong I like Map Author's who think that when buying fields in some areas of the map, it'd be nice to throw in a few sheds and stuff, so you can store equipment near the field on that land. However I would like the option to sell and remove them to replace them with my own style.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

Lots of great ideas and constructive feedback in this thread, boys and girls. This is a great read!

Would be great additions to see the modding community or Giants able to implement some of these ideas.
dapals51

Post by dapals51 »

That would be a cool thing to add to seasons. Would also be interesting to rent ground too and negotiate rents
XBOX one player
Farmer in the midwest USA

MOD HUB OR DIE!!
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Mostly all of this is for game play reasons I would imagine. To have a money sink.