Fs 21 discussion thread

Share your creations with us!
ross4481

Re: Fs 21 discussion thread

Post by ross4481 »

The irrigation is needed when there are many days with sun and no matter if the ground is dynamic or not.
There are many irrigation systems with water: pumps, pivots, etc...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ND4ZDNud5i4

But please, put an "irrigation required" state and some machines for irrigation, thank you.
gingeredscot73

Post by gingeredscot73 »

I would like to see seasons included as an option at the creation of a game save. How many day season you want. Modders could create geo mods for different maps which would function along side the seasons. At game save creation you select the default or installed mod geo. Soil deformation when working a field. The ability to irrigate the fields. Patches of mud when it rains. I would like to see production and yes its not factory simulator as someone told me once before, but in my opinion this is way forward.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

ross4481 wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:33 am The irrigation is needed when there are many days with sun and no matter if the ground is dynamic or not.
There are many irrigation systems with water: pumps, pivots, etc...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ND4ZDNud5i4

But please, put an "irrigation required" state and some machines for irrigation, thank you.
Only if optional please. While realistic in some areas, I can't imagine anything more boring in game. Never happens here (even last spring/summer with four months without any real rain).
ltl.vamp

Post by ltl.vamp »

Would be nice, if we on console could save our with landscaping changed maps outside the savegame or to share it with other players. I'm so proud about my modded Ravenport and no one will ever see or use it. I think, this proud is one big reason, why modders share mods with us. If we delete a savegame, our changes are lost.
Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One X, Xbox One
FS17 Platinum > FS19 Premium > FS15 Complete > FS22
Samsung UE65MU8009TX 4KUHDHDR
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

ltl.vamp wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:48 pm Would be nice, if we on console could save our with landscaping changed maps outside the savegame or to share it with other players. I'm so proud about my modded Ravenport and no one will ever see or use it. I think, this proud is one big reason, why modders share mods with us. If we delete a savegame, our changes are lost.
On PS4 you can save them to a USB flash drive before you delete.You cant share it tho,but can keep it.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
BoxTunnel

Post by BoxTunnel »

ltl.vamp wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:48 pm Would be nice, if we on console could save our with landscaping changed maps outside the savegame or to share it with other players. I'm so proud about my modded Ravenport and no one will ever see or use it. I think, this proud is one big reason, why modders share mods with us. If we delete a savegame, our changes are lost.
We may not be able to use it, but if you posted some screenshots we would definitely see it. I am intrigued as I'm currently trying to build a beautiful little arable farm on Grizzly Mountain.
JWE75

Post by JWE75 »

If I remember, FS15 had that peek camera function in cabin view? Or do I remember it wrong? It's been awhile I played the 15, but that was nice function and addition, you could actually move your head in the cabin. This feature would be awesome to have as a standard for us whol 98% play with first person view only.
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

• a reason to actually use wide tires, wheel weights and double tires
  • smarter workers. This time for real please?
  • a better/easier way to handle logs, pallets and bales
  • get rid of the white lines on tractors and equipment. Not sure if this is a thing on pc, but on console it’s really ugly and best seen on the shadow side of vehicles
  • gear boxes
  • CLAAS... wait, what?! 😬
Ignorance is bliss
hatter83

Post by hatter83 »

I'd like to see random breakdowns of equipment that need to be repaired along with basic maintanace costs. something like if you don't maintain it, it breaks down in the middle of harvest. or the older it is, more frequent breakdowns. maybe this is also affected by leaving equipment dirty or storing it outside

also, like great demands, sometimes a used piece of equipment may come up for sale at a reduced cost, but higher maintenance
Last edited by hatter83 on Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hatter83

Post by hatter83 »

maybe an option to rent or lease fields instead of buying them

smarter AI traffic
Coldlandlord

Post by Coldlandlord »

I would chuck FS19 in the bin and take an additional year to develop the next version properly with a new game engine and put out a fully working game that improves on FS17.

Improve the game engine to incorporate things like mud, the rain, etc into how the vehicles behave in different scenarios. It would be good if tractors could get stuck in a wet field for example.

Sort out the graphics. fs19 is way too bright, polished and cartoon-like compared with fs17.

sort out the dreadful sounds or revert back to fs17

put in a gearbox aspect with shuttle control, 4wd and diffs as standard so that its not like driving a train around, doing 30kph up hill on tickover or, just revert to fs17.

build in seasons into the base game with crop rotation etc (options to turn on/off in menu for those that wish to play tractor driving sim)

Build in GPS and courseplay

a used equipment store would be awesome with older, busted up equipment.

the ability to rent fields would be good.

get rid of ground modification... it will never work properly and there have been far bigger, better resourced software houses that have tried and failed.

fully develop the base game crops that have just been thrown in as a token gesture. Potatoes need additional processes and equipment for example

change the contracts feature so that the land owners pays for the seed and fert etc and also pays considerably more for using your own equipment or considerably less for driving theirs.
Giuh

Post by Giuh »

I read someone saying FS21 should be free because they gave us an unfinished FS19, whaat? If you think it's unfinished you can just not buy it and wait, or if you bought it you can request a refund. Seriously, people need to understand both sides and not just get stuck on their chairs with low-effort requests.

Now, this is what I personally think would be cool for the next game:

- First of all terraforming is great, you can just not use it if you don't like it but it's very useful when you want to modify your land at your taste. Especially for those who play the game in a different way, it's not all about working 60ha rectangular fields with 5 Courseplay-working machines, some people enjoy clearing up trees and branches, smoothing the ground and adding shelters or animal pens.
What I would change is the ability to undo the changes before paying, because sometimes you missclick and then it's messed up forever.

- Second of all, I think it would 10x better for the community to ask for things that cannot be done with mods, instead of things that can and are always done with mods.
Why would you want them to work on GPS and Courseplay if that's something that modders can do and have been doing for years (and if they do that's great, but not something critical imo). I would prefer the dev team to focus on other mechanics that can hardly be modded, for example better animal interaction. Right now it's mostly about agriculture and animals are just there, you dump the food and water and that's it. With Seasons 19 it improves a little bit but the basic mechanics are the same because it's so hard or even impossible to modify them.
So that's why I think there should be more base mechanics, like herding and moving animals as you wish, creating your own pens in terms of dimensions and location (then adding the food and water triggers as placeables wherever you want). More mods will come.
Another thing regarding to animals is releasing animal models and textures to the community, so people can make other species and breeds and expand what we have.

- Third of all, same thing with base crops. Modders usually add other fruits so I don't see the point on working on 10 other new fruits which act the same (not talking about those fruits on which the mechanics are differents, like cotton for instance).

- Fourth of all, I think workers need a little rework. As long as the field is a square or rectangle, they're good. But they should learn to turn the wheel and work on different shapes. But not really something that I lose sleep of, it can be corrected with mods.

That's my opinion.
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

Giuh wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:18 pm I read someone saying FS21 should be free because they gave us an unfinished FS19, whaat? If you think it's unfinished you can just not buy it and wait, or if you bought it you can request a refund. Seriously, people need to understand both sides and not just get stuck on their chairs with low-effort requests.

- Second of all, I think it would 10x better for the community to ask for things that cannot be done with mods, instead of things that can and are always done with mods.
Why would you want them to work on GPS and Courseplay if that's something that modders can do and have been doing for years (and if they do that's great, but not something critical imo). I would prefer the dev team to focus on other mechanics that can hardly be modded, for example better animal interaction. Right now it's mostly about agriculture and animals are just there, you dump the food and water and that's it. With Seasons 19 it improves a little bit but the basic mechanics are the same because it's so hard or even impossible to modify them.
So that's why I think there should be more base mechanics, like herding and moving animals as you wish, creating your own pens in terms of dimensions and location (then adding the food and water triggers as placeables wherever you want). More mods will come.
Another thing regarding to animals is releasing animal models and textures to the community, so people can make other species and breeds and expand what we have.

- Third of all, same thing with base crops. Modders usually add other fruits so I don't see the point on working on 10 other new fruits which act the same (not talking about those fruits on which the mechanics are differents, like cotton for instance).

- Fourth of all, I think workers need a little rework. As long as the field is a square or rectangle, they're good. But they should learn to turn the wheel and work on different shapes. But not really something that I lose sleep of, it can be corrected with mods.

That's my opinion.
1st we don't have gps or courseplay on consoles so giants making it themselves is our only current option.
2nd again consoles would need giants to add scripts for certain crops.
3rd agree Ai workers are slowly getting better but i dont want to have to wait till FS 25 to get reliable Ai. Not sure who programs Ai but a expert in Ai programming would be a nice addition if only on a contract basis.
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
Coldlandlord

Post by Coldlandlord »

Giuh wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:18 pm I read someone saying FS21 should be free because they gave us an unfinished FS19, whaat? If you think it's unfinished you can just not buy it and wait, or if you bought it you can request a refund. Seriously, people need to understand both sides and not just get stuck on their chairs with low-effort requests.

- First of all terraforming is great, you can just not use it if you don't like it but it's very useful when you want to modify your land at your taste. Especially for those who play the game in a different way, it's not all about working 60ha rectangular fields with 5 Courseplay-working machines, some people enjoy clearing up trees and branches, smoothing the ground and adding shelters or animal pens.
What I would change is the ability to undo the changes before paying, because sometimes you missclick and then it's messed up forever.

That's my opinion.
Courseplay, GPS and seasons are possibly the most used and important mods and whilst, yes, we could just wait for the mods to be created and released, i think it would be better if they were just built into the base game with the option to turn on and off. The reasons being:

- skilled modders have to keep redoing the same mods over and over again. I think it would be better if they could work on something new and amazing for the game. No reason why Giants couldn't pay the creators of these mods to make them whilst the game is in development so that it is ready on day 1 of release.

- the time frame to create these amazing mods means that once released and and updated to a fully functioning, bug free state, we're on the run up to the new game. Nobody wants to spend months making mods for a game that is going to be replaced before the mod is ready. On the same note, when a new version of something is put out, i kind of expect it to be better than the previous version but we are getting on for a year now and, bar the odd subtle thing, fs17 with everything that is available is still far superior in my opinion. I keep trying to get into fs19 and i just cant stop myself from getting frustrated, quiting and loading up fs17.

- modders have changes in circumstances. some pack it in for personal reasons, some pack it in out of frustration with the new version and some just don't have the time or incentives to do it. We had a fantastic gearbox mod in fs17 and now we don't because the guy who made it doesn't want to do it again. The GPS mod in FS17 was great but he's not doing another and what we have in FS19 is nowhere near as good, if the guys who make seasons pack it up then the game is totally dead to me.

If you like the ground modification aspect then ok, that's fine, i love the idea of it but i honestly think, what we have is total garbage. I do only play on complex mod maps such as Oakfield farm and I have found that unless you are working with pretty much flat land and don't care that your creation looks like something out of roller coaster tycoon or sim city, its pretty much useless. Sure they could keep it in but i personally would rather giants focused on improving on what we already have and do things really well rather than adding content that doesn't work very well.

I think it is time they stopped adding half-hearted attempts at new features and focus on making everything we have as perfectly as possible.
- better textures

- better graphics

- terrain physics, i.e. mud, getting stuck etc

- better sounds

- better AI and workers (this could be merged into courseplay). maybe the ability to hire full time workers with varying skills. It would be good if you had to take machinary to the dealer to be repaired/serviced, unless you have a worker with mechanical skills who are more expensive to hire.

- better vehicle physics

- more development on crops (not just adding in more crops that have exactly the same processes) to make them unique and give the game more depth. Do you want to be a seed and harvest cereals farmer with a couple of tractors and a combine or do you want to slog it out with root crops which require much more work, equipment and time?

- rentable land

- improve contracts so that the payment system is better, maybe have the ability to sign a seasonal contract with a land owner?

- improved sale systems. We could have an online market type thing where you put up what you want to sell, receive a price or a contract and maybe even request a collection.
mirceast19

Post by mirceast19 »

Giuh wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:18 pm I read someone saying FS21 should be free because they gave us an unfinished FS19, whaat?
I dont want a new FS21 full of bugs like FS19. I dont need another bugged game for months. No. They have just to fix most of bugs - and dont tell us "LOW PRIORITY" or "NOT FIXABLE". Just add 1-2 new maps (not mods) and this is it. Test this new add-on with professional people before launching, not on customers' money and time after you launch it too early. Set a fair price for this new add-on and that's it, I don't need a whole new game.

Improvements are nice and can be make, but first thing I like to be repaired this game, things that should be good in November 20, 2018.