Land availability

Beastbubba

Re: Land availability

Post by Beastbubba »

cwattyeso wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:12 am Similarly to the issue of having to buy land to be able to use sell points etc that is completely ridiculous, is then a similar issue where by when I do buy land, if there are buildings or items on that land, why can't I sell them off or demolish and remove them to make way for objects that I want to place of my own? Don't get me wrong I like Map Author's who think that when buying fields in some areas of the map, it'd be nice to throw in a few sheds and stuff, so you can store equipment near the field on that land. However I would like the option to sell and remove them to replace them with my own style.
With terrain editor, you can bury most things and then be able to farm over them.

The deco stuff does make maps look much more life like, but yea...
PC gamer.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

You'd have to do a lot of terrain editing to bury entire buildings, sheds and other such objects. Which I then imagine would make the map look very ugly, plus have all these weird mountains everywhere. Also the objects still technically being there, although now buried under the map, would cause a nightmare for AI workers on the fields who would still "See" and react to the buildings and objects as if they were above ground. It'd cause the problem that is discussed in the thread, "Buried Trees and Map Creators".

If I buy a plot of land in game, and it has some houses and stuff on. Whilst it may not then be possible to sell those and get rid of them, it would be nice if they became useful and generated maybe some daily income then, to simulate rent paid by the people living in them.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Pensarethebest

Post by Pensarethebest »

cwattyeso wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:05 pm You'd have to do a lot of terrain editing to bury entire buildings, sheds and other such objects. Which I then imagine would make the map look very ugly, plus have all these weird mountains everywhere. Also the objects still technically being there, although now buried under the map, would cause a nightmare for AI workers on the fields who would still "See" and react to the buildings and objects as if they were above ground. It'd cause the problem that is discussed in the thread, "Buried Trees and Map Creators".

If I buy a plot of land in game, and it has some houses and stuff on. Whilst it may not then be possible to sell those and get rid of them, it would be nice if they became useful and generated maybe some daily income then, to simulate rent paid by the people living in them.
Rental homes, now this is the best idea I have heard in a minute.
FS 22 and loving it.
Tylercheesey1986

Post by Tylercheesey1986 »

I would like to be able to "own" gas stations, sell points, elevators etc. So that when in multiplayer you receive payment if someone uses it. For example if I own the gas station then i f anyone purchases fuel I receive say 50% of what they pay for fuel (I say 50% because obviously the business would have costs so shouldn't be 100%)
Aussie who loves himself a 7790 JD cotton picker, 100ac was most i got off in one day. (22.5hrs)
Currently a 300 ac irrigated beef farmer with Hereford Angus x.
50-120 head.
Gear-MF i148, 7 disc offset plow, fert/seed broadcaster, harrow bars.
Only crop for improving grazing capacity so don't need much.
Aussie farmer who thinks FS 19 rulz :gamer:
Xbox gamer tag- TopCheesey420
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

Tylercheesey1986 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:16 pm I would like to be able to "own" gas stations, sell points, elevators etc. So that when in multiplayer you receive payment if someone uses it. For example if I own the gas station then i f anyone purchases fuel I receive say 50% of what they pay for fuel (I say 50% because obviously the business would have costs so shouldn't be 100%)
Would be way less than 50%... most products are sold around 30% mock up. Meaning the store is selling it for 30% more than they paid for it. Then add in utilities and workers wages, you may end up with 15%...
PC gamer.
Tylercheesey1986

Post by Tylercheesey1986 »

Yeah true, would be realistic at 10%. My example was exaggerated but I was just trying to get my point across as simply as possible
Aussie who loves himself a 7790 JD cotton picker, 100ac was most i got off in one day. (22.5hrs)
Currently a 300 ac irrigated beef farmer with Hereford Angus x.
50-120 head.
Gear-MF i148, 7 disc offset plow, fert/seed broadcaster, harrow bars.
Only crop for improving grazing capacity so don't need much.
Aussie farmer who thinks FS 19 rulz :gamer:
Xbox gamer tag- TopCheesey420