Holzer Map

1992Tadej1992

Holzer Map

Post by 1992Tadej1992 »

Hey guys,

What do you think about that map? I think that is incredibly realistic and the best european map yet. Look at that view on mountains. I never saw that bright and sharp view from long distance like this one. Great for start from scratch. Just grass and forest *thumbsup*

Highly recommend.
blackiecat

Re: Holzer Map

Post by blackiecat »

Second that one of the best, the background makes all the difference to a map it makes it look real, also like Goliszew and Kanderlin this map is massive but looks real not flat as a pancake and off a conveyer belt
FarmerLee73

Post by FarmerLee73 »

Just downloaded it to have a look, but already have a pile of maps I'm wanting to work on!!
1992Tadej1992

Post by 1992Tadej1992 »

I dont have information how much time the creator put into, but to me it looks like that someone or bunch of people put A LOT of work into. I believe, that every building is made by him. And when i say a lot of work, i mean it. This thing is HUGE.

Very few maps convince me and this map is one of those rare maps.

Ludimusi@ thank you.
Doc3d

Post by Doc3d »

I’ve been dabbing in Holzer since it came out in fs17. It’s based on an area the creator spent a lot of time in his childhood and he has faithfully recreated the area. In 17 it was even more impressive with lots of custom additions, like a working hay loft with a special conveyor belt letting you chuck bales on the belt, see them go up into the loft and the hay showed up as stored. And custom areas for cows especially with pastures all over, letting you move your cows to a new pasture if you wanted realism. Lots of small things like that making the map very believable.
In FS19 a lot of this functionality is taken out, unfortunately, but I think he is constantly changing and adapting the map. It truly is a very realistic and well make map.

It just updated with seasons as well, so I had no excuse and had to start a new save just yesterday :)
crash

Post by crash »

Btw, The camera being out of focus in the store Is the maps fault, creator knows about it..
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
farmerfivetom

Post by farmerfivetom »

The problem with the Store is fixed in the latest Update.

All that i can say about that Map, is:
I Love, playing this map, since it came out in fs17.
It remembers, me to the Village i live in.

To the questions you wrote, I can say, that Ludimusi ist allready working on the best Update. Since the global company Script came out Just a few days ago, he hasn't got the time, to implement all produktions that existed in the fs17 Version. maybe He will put them in soon ;-)
:hi:
glamdring27

Post by glamdring27 »

I'm enjoying trying Holzer, but the animal feeding options don't seem to work as they ought to. I didn't know it was possible to set it up as it is meant though either. TMR should give 100%, but on this map there should also be the option for 45% silage, 45% hay and 10% cereals in parallel with each other, but on my map the cows just eat them in serial so I just get 45% benefit from the silage and the hay is untouched until silage is gone, then I still get 45% from the hay. It's a shame as the idea is really good. I don't know if it is just because I have seasons mod running that messes this up. The map does say it is season-ready though.
OlavEmil

Post by OlavEmil »

glamdring27: That sounds like stock FS19 behaviour to me.
glamdring27

Post by glamdring27 »

Yes, but that map has special animal husbandry rules included, which, in theory, are supposed to be setup as mentioned but I suspect it just isn't possible to have what amounts to an either/or option for TMR or a parallel combination of foods.
OlavEmil

Post by OlavEmil »

The included animal scripts were deactivated with the Seasons update, as they are not compatible with Seasons. If you want the old animal scripts for the map, you need to reactivate them in the map, and also play without Seasons.
Frick

Post by Frick »

Agree, great map.
Maybe a FS19 issue, but how to get rid of the shrubs in the grass fields?
I tried plow etc, but it does not seem to work.
Tomazius96

Post by Tomazius96 »

Frick wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:08 pm Agree, great map.
What schrubs do you mean ? have you tried the landscaping tool ?
Frick

Post by Frick »

Tomazius96 wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:29 pm
I mean bushes etc that remain if I plow an area with grass.
Yes works with landscaping
Thanks
Tomazius96

Post by Tomazius96 »

Frick wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:01 pm
Tomazius96 wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:29 pm
I mean bushes etc that remain if I plow an area with grass.
Yes works with landscaping
Thanks
You can also use plow if you want, you only need to enable "allow to create fields" option.