fs 19 physics discussion

george.earlslight

Re: fs 19 physics discussion

Post by george.earlslight »

Ado239 wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:10 pm I know exactly where you're coming from. But i don't mean a proper hill i mean like on a slight incline. A real bale and real ground aren't as absolutely solid as in game so a round bale won't roll as easy.
This would require the ground and bale (or at least only the bale), to be modeled with "soft" material, whereas now they're made rigid.
You can see soft materials in some big bag mods, but I think it would be too computationally heavy for more than a couple of bales using the current game engine.
Loss

Post by Loss »

does anyone know what this mod does?

Our QA team is currently testing the following mods: [PC] Added realism for vehicles
Ado239

Post by Ado239 »

george.earlslight wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:15 pm
Ado239 wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:10 pm I know exactly where you're coming from. But i don't mean a proper hill i mean like on a slight incline. A real bale and real ground aren't as absolutely solid as in game so a round bale won't roll as easy.
This would require the ground and bale (or at least only the bale), to be modeled with "soft" material, whereas now they're made rigid.
You can see soft materials in some big bag mods, but I think it would be too computationally heavy for more than a couple of bales using the current game engine.
I'd absolutely settle for heavier bales
PS4 player. Case is ace but fear the Deere! *thumbsup*
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

Yes the physics are better than 17, but still not good...

Objects (bales, headers, and f/l attachments tending to be the worst) still vibrate and slide around for no reason when on a trailer, or in case of bales/pallets stacked.

And lets not forget there is still the issue with pallets getting stuck on forks...
PC gamer.
1992Tadej1992

Post by 1992Tadej1992 »

Use autoloader then.
astro80

Post by astro80 »

Loss wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:58 pm does anyone know what this mod does?

Our QA team is currently testing the following mods: [PC] Added realism for vehicles
Same question for me, anyone know what's is this?
Doc3d

Post by Doc3d »

I suspect it’s something that turns out to be trivial, like forced 900 degrees steering ratio, or incab stereo radio speakers. But a tiny part of me still hopes it’s something that is actually meaningful
adriancos

Post by adriancos »

astro80 wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:44 pm did you like the physics of the game? i try to play fs19 but without MR for me it`s hard to enjoy this version. the tractors seems to be overpowered and the implements seems to have no weight. it is useless to use a weight with a plow for example. i like the new graphic and other new implementation but for me it`s very arcade game. i hope we have mr mod or something like this. :sadnew:
arcade, with close to zero realism, also my opinion
I did a test and Fiat 1300 DT tractor (150 hp) can work with BEDNAR cultivator (500 hp recommended requirement) with 6-7 km/h. Should't be able to even move with that cultivator lowered into the ground.

A question for the people who play mostly this version (19): is this valid for most of the combinations of tractors - implements? Is there some safeguard in place that stops you from working an implement using a tractor that is way too under powered for it? Or you can use anything with a smaller or bigger penalty to working speed?
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

adriancos wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:54 am A question for the people who play mostly this version (19): is this valid for most of the combinations of tractors - implements? Is there some safeguard in place that stops you from working an implement using a tractor that is way too under powered for it? Or you can use anything with a smaller or bigger penalty to working speed?
Nothing stops you, you can use any implement with any machine, just the working speed will be lower or not moving at all.
For example tried to use the squarebaler with 100hp tractor, after i turned it on, it took so much power away from PTO that tractor
could not move anymore.
Seems that the game physics engine allows to do things like that, but sadly the balance between the equipment is not optimized.
adriancos

Post by adriancos »

IceUul wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:03 am
adriancos wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:54 am A question for the people who play mostly this version (19): is this valid for most of the combinations of tractors - implements? Is there some safeguard in place that stops you from working an implement using a tractor that is way too under powered for it? Or you can use anything with a smaller or bigger penalty to working speed?
Nothing stops you, you can use any implement with any machine, just the working speed will be lower or not moving at all.
For example tried to use the squarebaler with 100hp tractor, after i turned it on, it took so much power away from PTO that tractor
could not move anymore.
Seems that the game physics engine allows to do things like that, but sadly the balance between the equipment is not optimized.
so where PTO is required, the implement can not move if power is not enough, this is interesting, it is a step up in the right direction

hopefully the physics will become more of interest for Giants, even if they will do it with a switch on/off, to allow all the players to play according with their preference

thank you for the info :)
astro80

Post by astro80 »

adriancos wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:18 am
IceUul wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:03 am
could not move anymore.
so where PTO is required, the implement can not move if power is not enough, this is interesting, it is a step up in the right direction

hopefully the physics will become more of interest for Giants, even if they will do it with a switch on/off, to allow all the players to play according with their preference

thank you for the info :)
With this kind of stuff for me is unplayable at this moment. I like the graphics improvements and the new features of the game, the new stuff of the season mod it's very interesting but without MR and gearbox in my opinion it's just a game and not a simulation.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

I've been ploughing on Lipinki with 150hp tractor on a 150hp plough ... going upslope I get down to 3 kph, with lots of wheel-slip, down hill I run at 12 kph ... on vanilla FS19
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

The animated seat suspension in the game is a really nice touch and certainly helps the game 'look' more realistic in terms of how the physics effects things. I'm pretty certain I've seen improvements in the games physics since release in various updates.
astro80

Post by astro80 »

Mobias wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:33 pm The animated seat suspension in the game is a really nice touch and certainly helps the game 'look' more realistic in terms of how the physics effects things. I'm pretty certain I've seen improvements in the games physics since release in various updates.
Of course the basic phisyc is better than fs17 but it's still unrealistic in my opinion.
JPS

Post by JPS »

If I drive against a wall with my front wheel, without fail I will be driving up the wall…. I can't remember FS17 doing that and I don't like it one bit. It's like everything is made of rubber.