Top 3 maps at the moment

FarmerLee73

Re: Top 3 maps at the moment

Post by FarmerLee73 »

Doc3d wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:54 pm
FarmerLee73 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:38 pm
Doc3d wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:32 am I think kandelin is a 4x map. It’s pretty big. I am also currently playing this map. It’s very good and seasons ready with a well thought out seasons-layer.
I had a quick look at that map....it doesn't have any sell points!
Yes it does. It has 3 bga’s and a total of (I think) 13 sellpoints, 7 different farms.
Lol I must have a very messed up copy then!
Doc3d

Post by Doc3d »

Version 1.0 seasons ready, released approximately 2 August

It’s a bit confusing because version 1.2.6 came out in approx May. Just find the latest version and you should be good. The map is very well make, about 2 years in the making.
FarmerLee73

Post by FarmerLee73 »

It was a dodgy download, just re downloaded and it's fine.
Guil

Post by Guil »

OlavEmil wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:34 pm Looks like the mods merged your post into the wrong thread...
You shouldn't assume, no one moved anything.
BearClaw

Post by BearClaw »

1-tyrolean alps ( hope it come for consoles too )
2-tyrolean alps
3-old stream farm

Btw, why isnt there more interests for maos like tyrolean alps? That modder is a genius map maker
I love the smell of farming better than the profit
SJ_Sathanas

Post by SJ_Sathanas »

I've moved around a bit recently. So my current top is;

Oberkrebach - SfS, small, paly by the rules farm.
Neu Bartelshagen - big n balls out. Not really feeling this one though. Tried Lipinki but was always getting stuck on roadside objects. Might give Vorpommern Rügen a go.
J.A West

Post by J.A West »

Sorry for the late reply.
It's a 4 times map yes, the biggest field is 150 hectares it's huge.
If you don't have any sell points is because you downloaded from some other sites.
Always use the original link, by the way it took me literally 15 seconds to find a site where you can download full speed from uploaded.net so please be a bit more creative.

It just got a new update and is likely the FINAL version so time to invest a couple hours again.

My only concern about the map is the FPS because of all the details I got a solid 30-40FPS when I'm near the big city or in the machine yard, otherwise it's fine, but anyone got a solution to boost it a bit on Nvidia cards? - I got a 1050 6gb
SJ_Sathanas

Post by SJ_Sathanas »

After playing almost exclusively on Ravenport when I first got the game I just can't settle on a map. I like the inbuilt animal pens but that doesn't leave anywhere to create and your own farm while I find the maps dedicated to building your own farm frustrating due to the fussy placement rules.
Right now I'm in Peterville.
Doc3d

Post by Doc3d »

SJ_Sathanas wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:48 pm After playing almost exclusively on Ravenport when I first got the game I just can't settle on a map. I like the inbuilt animal pens but that doesn't leave anywhere to create and your own farm while I find the maps dedicated to building your own farm frustrating due to the fussy placement rules.
Using either the place anywhere mod or global modcompany mod would help letting you place stuff a lot more easily
SJ_Sathanas

Post by SJ_Sathanas »

Doc3d wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:36 pm
SJ_Sathanas wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:48 pm After playing almost exclusively on Ravenport when I first got the game I just can't settle on a map. I like the inbuilt animal pens but that doesn't leave anywhere to create and your own farm while I find the maps dedicated to building your own farm frustrating due to the fussy placement rules.
Using either the place anywhere mod or global modcompany mod would help letting you place stuff a lot more easily
Xbox innit. I'm just messing around until I either get a pc or find another game.
awev

Post by awev »

I have more maps than time, yet currently I am playing Old Farm Countryside, in a almost stripped of mods start from scratch. I have enjoyed playing Honey Dew XL and Yogiland, each offering something of interest. I enjoy the more larger, boxier, fields than a bunch of small misshapen fields.
DIY PC: Ryzen 5-2600, 16GB RAM, M.2 (dual boot - Mint 19 & W10 home) and 2*SATA III SSDs, GTX 1070 driving 32" curved 1440p, G29 w/peddles and shifter mounted to a racing seat
OlavEmil

Post by OlavEmil »

J.A West wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:27 amMy only concern about the map is the FPS because of all the details I got a solid 30-40FPS when I'm near the big city or in the machine yard, otherwise it's fine, but anyone got a solution to boost it a bit on Nvidia cards? - I got a 1050 6gb
Yea, the combination of Kandelin + Seasons was simply unplayable on my PC. I had 20fps in my (unmodified) yard in the evening. And that's with a 1080.

Quite a shame, looked like a 4x map actually worth playing.
Doc3d

Post by Doc3d »

I also have a 1080 and play kandelin. Never noticed any extreme drops in fps, but I don’t keep the counter up either. I play by feel, and to me it’s ‘smooth enough’. I run at 2560x1920 res with VH setting all around and roughly 300 mods in the folder. Maybe I’m just not noticing the low performance, or something else is holding up your system..
OlavEmil

Post by OlavEmil »

Yea, I am generally not impressed with performance at all, often find myself at 30 - 40fps if I check. But with Kandelin, it became straight up unplayable when nighttime struck. Which is why I even checked the fps...