fs 19 physics discussion

CudoYT

Re: fs 19 physics discussion

Post by CudoYT »

Last edited by CudoYT on Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lernt Modden/Mappen.
Lädt unregelmäßig Videos auf seinem YT Kanal hoch. :confusednew:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdXJ4G ... t5YyhWyPBg[/youtube]
OlavEmil

Post by OlavEmil »

It's not convertable. Someone needs to sit down and figure out everything from scratch, and it won't be dural, as he has gotten a job since FS17.

And when you say hours of work: dural put literally thousands of hours into MR. It was basically his full time occupation for several years.
astro80

Post by astro80 »

A very basic solution may be to modified weight of implements? I don't know if it is possible to do
Doc3d

Post by Doc3d »

If we are still talking about the mod currently in testing, it’s been under test for a while. I think I saw it on the list mid or late last week, so that might be promising that it’s more than ‘correct audio beep-beep when using turn signals’ type of mod :)
Fingers crossed it’s something actually meaningful
CudoYT

Post by CudoYT »

FS without mr, its just silly. S-I-L-L-Y

Why are they doing this **** in the basegame honestly.
Yeah, because most players of farming sim are playing arcade, but i think they (Giants) not really see how much realistic players fs really has, they think it"s too small (the group).

But realistic players aren"t only just MR and Gearbox players. Seasons, Pro seed, dynamic hoses, dynamic hoses for slurry tanks and many small mods (like indoor cam, track IR5 etc.)

I think we should do a poll in the english and german section how many realistic players there are.

answer 1 for example with All (MR,GB,Pro Seed .... all realistic things really)
answer 2 for example with Seasons, GB, Indoor cam
answer 3 for example with seasons
answer 4, Proseed, GPS...
anwser 5, no realistic mods, but realistic playing (reallfilltypemassadjustment)
answer 6 no realistic mods, no realistic playing
answer 7, i don"t know
answer 8 Why do you ask me this? :D :D :D
Lernt Modden/Mappen.
Guil

Post by Guil »

Be my guest...
Valko_inen

Post by Valko_inen »

CudoYT wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:45 am FS without mr, its just silly. S-I-L-L-Y
The problem with the poll is that it won't be a reflection of reality, i.e. there is a vocal community that constantly complains about what they see as shortcomings in the game and they might over-represent the issue, I, for one, play the game for an hour or two every other day after work and really can't be bothered with seasons for example, as it drags out the play and after a couple of weeks of playing with it it feels like the farm's not progressed at all. On the other hand different players consider this mod absolutely essential and their opinion is just as valid. The bottom line would be what elements of gameplay would have a bigger impact for the community as a whole when considering the amount of effort that goes into it but then there would be a very much valid question of how does one assess these matters and so forth.
Apologies for the wall 'o text
astro80

Post by astro80 »

in my opinion, as in all simulators, there should be the possibility to select the level of realism, in order to create a product suitable for everyone.
Doc3d

Post by Doc3d »

I agree, but from a business standpoint, making new features that maybe 75% of the user base turns off within the first few days is not good use of dev time. They would rather spend that time creating other stuff that more users are asking for (JD anyone?). If asked before dev of FS19 began if users wanted JD or more realism, take a guess what the major opinion would be. Giants are small, and as such they have to judge very carefully what they spend time doing.

Personally, I think creating game features like more crops, dynamic soil, mr like driving, better physics etc would greatly benefit Giants in the long run. There are a multitude of modders more than happy to fill in whatever tractors are missing, but very few that have the skills to develop seasons or mr. Let Giants produce the BASE with as many features (script wise) as possible and the modders can produce the equipment. They do it anyways, no matter how many tractors giant puts in the game. How many versions of a JD 6R or Fendt 700 series do we actually need....?
FarmDemAcres

Post by FarmDemAcres »

Finding the right physics balance will always be a struggle in games. I am grateful for the fact that I can drive over pedestrians without injury, but annoyed that mailboxes stop me like a 10' thick brick wall. I know that crop weight is not the same in real life so crop transport is quicker, but I wish it were real so I could experience the pain of the trucker. Then I want someone to mod in a tractor with twin 646hp 12 cyl Cummins engine to pull it. Also please add a nitromethane "boost" button for those hills.
All kidding aside, I will look forward to interactive ground, muddy areas with poor traction (dare I say "sink"), slower top speeds on fields than on hard packed ground/roads, etc.
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

I cant speak much for MR mod from fs17.. yea I used it for a while and loved it for the most part.. but.. I couldn't harvest at 2-3mph.. it drove me crazy.. but speaking of the base game.. I can fire up all 3 of the latest pc/console editions (15,17 and 19) and the physics across the 3 r night and day.. everything from the way the tractors drive to the way they connect to implements.. bale moving.. pallet loading... its honestly improved so much.. anyone remember in fs15 and earlier how your farmer got his neck broke every time u connected to anything from the tractor and implement getting yanked like a bluegill on a heavy feeder rod!? or how bales and especially pallets would literally be launched in 17 and earlier if they got weird? ive not had that once in 19.. sure they get a tad sticky every now and again but its so much better now.. on sosnovka in fs17 there r bales hidden around the map from being flung off my forks lolol... the very first thing I noticed as someone who didn't use MR for the majority of fs17 when fs19 dropped was how much better the physics felt.. sure its not like driving heavy equipment irl.. but its as close as they have ever gotten it.. and its safe to assume its only going to get better.. and while its not for everyone and certainly doesn't balance every physics problem in the game, I suggest anyone who wants more realism and doesn't have one to get a good wheel, pedals, shifter, head tracker and sticks.. play in cab.. this will not only slow the game down to a more realistic pace but idk.. to me it makes things feel heavier and more tedious on the tractor.. when in cab u can "feel" all the lil bumps and leans the equipment does.. having this equipment has absolutely changed this game for me in every single way.. ive never been happier than I am now.. except maybe the hand axe mod and the hand planting mod for trees lol

Edit- for those who don't know, if u get the real head tracker, playing in cab is so easy.. I can actually lean around in the cab of my tractor giving me a MUCH greater view range from various angles
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
astro80

Post by astro80 »

I play like you suggested but in fs17 with Mr and gb I feel the weight of tractor and implements. In fs 19 seems to drive a f1 car. Accelerate so fast, and you can attach anything on any tractor.
Procobator

Post by Procobator »

I couldn’t stand the physics for FS17. It was in my opinion very arcade like and rigid. Then MR came out and everything changed. Tractors actually had individual characteristics and bales, pallets physics were much improved. I was excited to hear about the good things described to me for FS19 but when I fired it up and drove around for the first time, although improved from 17 was vastly lacking compared to MR.
yumi

Post by yumi »

Hello,
I think the main noticeable difference with MR at the beginning is the wheels slippage and the better weight repartition. Without this, the vehicle are like train on rails since the lateral but also longitudinal friction/traction is far too much.
Converting this specific part of MR to FS19 is not so easy due to the number of changes in basegale and would require a lot of testing to approach what Dural achieved on previous versions I guess.
Then additional changes can be done independently and some are already in base game.
Also combine conversion would be something interesting since it seems a lack.
moreRealistic fan !
FS19 "mr" on Old Farm Coutryside and Champs de France.
Give a try to ContractorMod!
Contractor Mod Beta version for FS22
All released mods source code is on Github
CudoYT

Post by CudoYT »

Still

Farming Simulator without More Realistic Mod is no Farming Simulator.

I miss the drive on Gamsting with my 22to trailers (two, both 11to) and the 6.61 or the T6. Actually, the trailers were too heavy for the T6 even without crops, but with crops he pulled and pulled and pulled.
Lernt Modden/Mappen.