Train Sell Points

InstaBuzz

Train Sell Points

Post by InstaBuzz »

Hey guys, am I missing something or is the port grain elevator the only sellpoint that the train can get to? Playing the Ravenport map. I can move items between railway silos (which I really dont understand why I would do that) and I can sell at the Port Grain Elevator, but that's all I've found I can do.
Tylercheesey1986

Re: Train Sell Points

Post by Tylercheesey1986 »

Not sure about Ravenport, Felsbrun has 2 sell points on train line.
I usually only use trains and railway silos to store potatoes and beets from contracts so haven't really checked out where you can sell from trains
Aussie who loves himself a 7790 JD cotton picker, 100ac was most i got off in one day. (22.5hrs)
Currently a 300 ac irrigated beef farmer with Hereford Angus x.
50-120 head.
Gear-MF i148, 7 disc offset plow, fert/seed broadcaster, harrow bars.
Only crop for improving grazing capacity so don't need much.
Aussie farmer who thinks FS 19 rulz :gamer:
Xbox gamer tag- TopCheesey420
FarmDemAcres

Post by FarmDemAcres »

I don't think there is another sell point on the railway system in Ravenport.

The advantage of using the railway for transportation is speed. You can load up to 300,000 liters of crop, and transport them across the map in a matter of a couple of minutes. So you can stock up your goods and wait for demand to increase your prices, then move the goods the the nearest railroad storage then deliver by truck to the final destination.
InstaBuzz

Post by InstaBuzz »

But I'm still limited by the trailer max. I dont see the point in moving things from one rail silo to another. If the train made it to more sell points itd be worth it.
iB055

Post by iB055 »

Not sure how the rail systems are across the pond but here in the states a vast majority of markets are supplied by trains in large quantities. Only having one or two sell points for trains as well as overall low capacities makes the the fs19 rail system useless imo.
FS22 / PC & PS4 Pro
FarmDemAcres

Post by FarmDemAcres »

InstaBuzz wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:10 pm But I'm still limited by the trailer max.
Unlike fs17, fs19 does not immediately reduce the sell prices when you dump a railcar or tipper load. So you can sell a whole train's worth as long as you can transport the crops in relatively short time. Not sure how frequently prices are updated, but I know it's based on game time, so play in real time when selling for maximum profits. Again this is without seasons.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

I read somewhere they start to drop after 1 hour. No idea if that’s real time or game time. Game time would make sense though.
InstaBuzz

Post by InstaBuzz »

Another question: Since the game seems to lump the 2 rail silos together as far as crop quantity, are the crops I drop in the west silo available in the east silo without moving them by train? I would think that if the crops HAD to be moved the game would distinguish what amount of crop was in what silo. I'm asking because I'm out of town for a few weeks and I cant verify this for myself and was curious.

Example: If I deposit 100k in wheat into the West rail silo, can I remove 100k from the East rail silo without moving it by train?
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

No they are stored separately in each silo so need to be moved individually.