DLC Your Way

HC1Gunner

DLC Your Way

Post by HC1Gunner »

Giant would increase their sales of DLC if...

Create a new User accessible folder for DLC, that would contain only the xml files, that way players could do edits for speed capacity, etc. The rest of the files would remain encrypted, but game engine would pull from DLC xml folder @ "Documents\My Games\FarmingSimulator2019". This way players could edit, but the DLC could not be stolen as the id3 files for the models would still be encrypted.
Asus ROG STRIX X670E-A GAMING
AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D
32GB G.SKILL Trident Z5 Neo AMD EXPO 32GB DDR5 6000 F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR
SSD NVMe 1 TB - Samsung 990 PRO
Sapphire NITRO+ RX 7900 XTX Vapor-X
Corsair HX1200 1200 Watt Pwr Sup
NZXT Kraken Z73 360 AIO CPU Cooler
Sennheiser Game One headset / Sennheiser GSX 1000 Gaming Audio Amplifier
LG 32GK850G-B 32" QHD 65Hz Refresh Rate
Win 11 Pro 64bit
texasplowboy

Re: DLC Your Way

Post by texasplowboy »

Been saying this for years now. Thats why I gave up on buying FS DLCs.
HC1Gunner

Post by HC1Gunner »

If you want change, people need to contact Giant, and voice their option, that is the only way they might consider making the change.
AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D
Win 11 Pro 64bit
iB055

Post by iB055 »

This kind of change won't happen or at least shouldn't happen. It would make it exclusive to pc's only thus making it unfair to those on consoles who purchase DLC's as such edits are not possible on consoles.
FS22 / PC & PS4 Pro
HC1Gunner

Post by HC1Gunner »

It would not be the first time Giant released DLC for PC/MAC only. Lots of things are exclusive to PC/MAC, but we are not talking about scripts that can't run on consoles, we are talking simple edits that have been possible for years, since the beginning of FS. If you don't like not being able to make edits, then buy a PC or MAC. Consoles have always been locked down, that is just one of the many advantages of gaming on a PC. There are tons of gaming companies / publishers out there that make two different versions of their games, one for PC, another for consoles.
Nothing would be changing, or be exclusive, PC's have always been able to edit game files, and consoles have not. You pay for the main "base game" you pay for DLC, why should it be any different, when PC's are allowed to edit base game files, it should not be any different for DLC . The only reason DLC content is encrypted is to protect against piracy. Having access to the just the xml files won’t allow theft of any content with rest of the files still being locked down.
AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D
Win 11 Pro 64bit
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

Following this logic Giants should prevent making simple changes in the basegame for PC too and while we are at it prevent future modcreations aswell, since you know consoles can't do it.
I really like the idea of allowing xml based changes, i got really annoyed when i bought the Anderson DLC and those food mixers capacity didn't match with the bale capacity, it was the same for the small kuhn mixer of the basegame which i could quickly fix with an xml edit.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
Chaki
GIANTS Software | Community Coordinator

Post by Chaki »

HC1Gunner wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:22 am If you want change, people need to contact Giant, and voice their option, that is the only way they might consider making the change.
You mean like writing into their official forums and such?
aka Chris - Community Coordinator - Professional Wolf - Typer of Keys

Technical Help [EN/DE] - Bug Reports - Support
OlavEmil

Post by OlavEmil »

I am sure that is exactly what HC1Gunner meant, yes. That's probably why he did just that, and also encouraged texasplowboy (and others) to do the same ;) .
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

I understand why the DLC content is encrypted, to prevent these machines going next day on modhub.us and other sites like that.
I also like that previous DLC content (for example FS17) is available on FS19 for free and can be modified.

What i do not like! That some machines what were in FS17 DLC-s are not available on FS19 and even modders can't convert them because
they are inside encrypted file!!! For example Massey Ferguson 4709 and Lizard Convertible from FS17 platinum edition. I know they were
not very popular, but i really liked that tractor. Not too late to release it as mod.

I also agree, that in future DLC-s, some part of the files, for example xml-s should be modified. But this needs the Giants change the DLC content
structure, hope will do this in next FS game.
Bobbydj1980

Post by Bobbydj1980 »

HC1Gunner wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:27 am It would not be the first time Giant released DLC for PC/MAC only. Lots of things are exclusive to PC/MAC, but we are not talking about scripts that can't run on consoles, we are talking simple edits that have been possible for years, since the beginning of FS. If you don't like not being able to make edits, then buy a PC or MAC, and join the real world of gaming. Consoles have always been locked down, that is just one of the many advantages of gaming on a PC. There are tons of gaming companies / publishers out there that make two different versions of their games, one for PC, another for consoles.
Nothing would be changing, or be exclusive, PC's have always been able to edit game files, and consoles have not. You pay for the main "base game" you pay for DLC, why should it be any different, when PC's are allowed to edit base game files, it should not be any different for DLC . The only reason DLC content is encrypted is to protect against piracy. Having access to the just the xml files won’t allow theft of any content with rest of the files still being locked down.
Just so you know some people cannot afford a gaming PC just to play one game I hate when people with PC sound like they r God or something there are just as many playing on consoles as there are PC's
Love farming simulator I play on the Xbox series x orangebeach Alabama
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

He is just writing that to get a response and create riff. Don't even bother with comments like that. It happens a lot of here.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
iB055

Post by iB055 »

HC1Gunner wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:27 am It would not be the first time Giant released DLC for PC/MAC only. Lots of things are exclusive to PC/MAC, but we are not talking about scripts that can't run on consoles, we are talking simple edits that have been possible for years, since the beginning of FS. If you don't like not being able to make edits, then buy a PC or MAC, and join the real world of gaming. Consoles have always been locked down, that is just one of the many advantages of gaming on a PC. There are tons of gaming companies / publishers out there that make two different versions of their games, one for PC, another for consoles.
Ok so using your own logic. If you don't like not being able to edit DLC files to your own personal liking the go build your own mods since you are clearly a real world PC gamer with full access to all of the tools.
FS22 / PC & PS4 Pro
Sir_Kutz

Post by Sir_Kutz »

Bobbydj1980 wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:32 pm Just so you know some people cannot afford a gaming PC just to play one game I hate when people with PC sound like they r God or something there are just as many playing on consoles as there are PC's
Calm, You wouldn't be able to edit xml files on a console anyway.

Edit don_apple: fixed broken quoting.
olskool farmer

Post by olskool farmer »

Bobbydj1980 wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:32 pm
Just so you know some people cannot afford a gaming PC just to play one game I hate when people with PC sound like they r God or something there are just as many playing on consoles as there are PC's
I totally agree,they get on my nerves,always say'n stuff that's a put down to console players and act like flamers stoking the fire,very irritating,not our fault some of us can't afford a PC but nowhere does it says hey PC guys...you're entitled to flame console players
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

What if giants didn't allow any editing of the xml files? Could they do that? Would it cause too many problems on pc? I really don't know I'm not technically savvy.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.