AI Vehicle Extention v2 FS19

j_maybury

Re: AI Vehicle Extention v2 FS19

Post by j_maybury »

Flat Stanley wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:09 pm
Guil wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:26 pm They were not in FS17
15.....17........Augh!!!! Too many fields have been plowed since then. :smileynew:
They were in FS15 but by the time it reached FS17 they were merged into AI Vehicle Extention.
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

Dagrump wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:15 am success but it still is not completely stable. The first small field I tried it handled the first 3 sides perfectly but on the fourth side it kept veering towards the guided edge. Eventually it just completely lost its bearings and could not finish the job.

Were you able to get better results?
That is what the mod is supposed to do it follows the edges of the last cut, if it is a straight line you are wanting if you use the on/off button it will revert to doing straight lines with the standard AI. When it is on press the searing button and you should see a mesh at the side of the tool that you are using say a header, for instance, it will turn green when your combine has found the edge of the last cut and if you have it on spiral mode it should keep cutting around the field until it reaches the middle.
Dagrump

Post by Dagrump »

j_maybury wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:41 am
Dagrump wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:15 am success but it still is not completely stable. The first small field I tried it handled the first 3 sides perfectly but on the fourth side it kept veering towards the guided edge. Eventually it just completely lost its bearings and could not finish the job.

Were you able to get better results?
That is what the mod is supposed to do it follows the edges of the last cut, if it is a straight line you are wanting if you use the on/off button it will revert to doing straight lines with the standard AI. When it is on press the searing button and you should see a mesh at the side of the tool that you are using say a header, for instance, it will turn green when your combine has found the edge of the last cut and if you have it on spiral mode it should keep cutting around the field until it reaches the middle.
DRmattymd is correct in identifying the Kuhn 24m wide fertilizer spreader and if the AI Extd mod was working correctly the center line of the tractor and implement would be 12m outside the fertilized area (the darker ground) instead of veering into the area already covered. Because this was a rectangular field, there should not have been a severe arc in the area already spread. I should have been a little clearer on what I meant by veering.

On occasion I had some problems like this with FS17 AI extd mod but never this sever and it was very rare.

Curious as what your experience has been with the latest version.
Farming with a Dell PC on Maps:
FS17: Loan Oaks Farm and Western Shore
FS19: Upper Mississippi River Valley, Bucks County, Pa, Huron County Michigan
FS22 Back Roads County, Stone Valley 22, Green Valley Nebraska and Huron County Michigan
Dagrump

Post by Dagrump »

Good News!

Although this version "0.0.5.8" did not handle my fertilizing job very well, I just tried it out harvesting with a John Deere T560 harvester and it worked quite well. I harvested an "L" shaped field "circle" mode and it has gone around the field without any operator intervention several times.

Actually, for me this is all that is necessary as most of the time for cultivating, seeding and fertilizing I prepare each end of the field for turn-around space and then use the standard AI back and forth function. I like to have the harvester circling the field clockwise so that the unloading pipe is on the outside of the machine (towards the harvested area).

So thank you modders this is a great add-on function.
FS22 Back Roads County, Stone Valley 22, Green Valley Nebraska and Huron County Michigan
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

Sorry for the newbie question, but I downloaed the mod from Github, it is activated in my game, but how in the hell I can get it working ?

Since I have it, everytime I hit the Hire Worker key, it will just give me error "Helper X has stop for unknown reason"
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
Guil

Post by Guil »

I think it's ctrl and h or shift and h to bring up the menu, make sure ai vehicle is enabled.
Dagrump

Post by Dagrump »

I have been using <Left-Shift>+H to get the control menu. So far it has been fairly stable for harvesting square fields and have not been able to give it a more difficult shape to handle.

Good luck.
Dagrump

Post by Dagrump »

I wanted to post an update to my comments about the latest version of the AI Extended mod. Now that I have had the AI Extended version 0.0.5.8 installed on my game through a harvest season I cannot be without it.

It is very stable and able to follow some irregular fields as well as the FS17 version. I farm on the Michigan Seasons version 3 Map and it does not have a lot of irregular shaped fields but field 13 has some pretty good curved edges and the AI Extended controlled harvester followed the edges perfectly in the “circle” mode. It also handles cultivating and planting quite well.

So thank you to the people that worked on this mod. It has a “Precision” setting of low, normal and high that was not on FS17. I found that the “high” setting to be the best setting giving a nice straight harvesting rows.

The only thing it does not handle is an attached or trailed fertilizer implement but that is only a minor fault that I can live with. So if you have been waiting for the AI Extended mod it is here and ready. I am using the version from a download from Github. There is a url in nkstyle’s post on page 1 of this thread that will get the version 0.0.5.8 mod.