Bug with direct seeders

Post by bojanh66 »

Hello Giants.
Will this bug ever be fixed or not?
viewtopic.php?t=135736
cwattyeso

Re: Bug with direct seeders

Post by cwattyeso »

It's not a bug, in FS19, Direct Seeders apply fertiliser first before they do the Cultivate/Seed, this means the field state changes only after it has seeded. Which means if you are trying to apply a second stage of fertiliser to a field, which you have already sprayed or spread, it won't register the fertiliser from the seeder. To get the fertiliser from the seeder to register, you need to change the field state before you seed it, by either ploughing or cultivating.

Alternatively if you don't want to plough or cultivate after a harvest, you can use a direct seeder first to apply the first stage of fertilisation and straight after seeding you can then spray or spread to get the 2nd Stage.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
FrigidDawn

Post by FrigidDawn »

Sorry to dig up an old topic but I just started FS19 and found this topic while searching for information about this issue.
cwattyeso wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:02 pmAlternatively if you don't want to plough or cultivate after a harvest, you can use a direct seeder first to apply the first stage of fertilisation and straight after seeding you can then spray or spread to get the 2nd Stage.
This does not work with the Pronto or the Condor. The seeders leave dark soil behind when they seed which locks the field from being fertilized again until the crops grow in. In 17 they seeded last so this was expected, and you could fertilize before using the seeders and get 2 passes of fertilization. In 19 they seem to have been changed to fertilize first, but the code was not altered to allow fertilizing again after seeding. This most definitely seems like a bug :(
FrigidDawn

Post by FrigidDawn »

Hiya
Eische

Post by Eische »

It was discussed so many times now on this forum.
Regardless if it worked in FS17 or not. Giants will not change it, as it is intended behaviour.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
FrigidDawn

Post by FrigidDawn »

I play Minecraft so I understand too well what that means. lol "Intended behavior" it is then. Appreciate the reply.

Edit: My simple workaround for this is to spray for weeds immediately after seeding. This breaks up the field state so you can fertilize again. Thankfully we only need 2 stages now.
raran

Post by raran »

You could even "mow" the field to change the status and fertilize again.