In game modhub and psn connection?

RODHA

In game modhub and psn connection?

Post by RODHA »

Why do we need an established psn connection to be able to access the in game modhub?
PS5 / FS22
eric21

Re: In game modhub and psn connection?

Post by eric21 »

It uses the internet
iB055

Post by iB055 »

Give it time. Eventually PSN will only be accessible with a valid/current PS Plus membership.
FS22 / PC & PS4 Pro
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

I'm not asking how PSN and playstation works.
I'm asking why we have to have an established PSN connection (not just internet) to be able to access the in game modhub?
My problem is this. I have internet connection on my PS4 but no PSN connection due to a problem on my ISP side.
And for some stupid reason, FS19 requires an established PSN connection (not just internet) to be able to access the in game modhub and I don't understand the logic behind this because;

- the game is installed in my local HDD and it runs in that HDD.
- mods are installed in my local HDD and they run in that HDD.
- mods in the modhub are not stored in Sony's servers, they are stored in Giants's servers.
- I don't play MP.

hence, I should easily be able to play the game which is in my local HDD with the mods that are in my local HDD without a requirement of any type connection to somewhere.

That is the logical way of doing this.

So, why can't I?

And of course, this question is directed to Giants specifically because only they can answer that if they value their customers enough.
PS5 / FS22
Guil

Post by Guil »

I'm nearly certain it's a ms/Sony requirement for verification.
ltl.vamp

Post by ltl.vamp »

It's the same on Xbox: Without the store connected, you couldn't join the modhub.

Maybe because of the buyable DLCs they wanted the store in the modhub. Only an idea.

Edit: at the end, mods are free DLCs from the store(!), even they are only ingame available.
Last edited by ltl.vamp on Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One X, Xbox One
FS17 Platinum > FS19 Premium > FS15 Complete > FS22
Samsung UE65MU8009TX 4KUHDHDR
eric21

Post by eric21 »

It's the same with any game that uses mods. Also don't think mods are installed on the hdd
Stegei
GIANTS Software | CTO

Post by Stegei »

The problem is, that we are required to query the PSN services, if the signed-in user has the permission to download user generated content. This unfortunately only works when a PSN connection is there. We would love to change that as everything else with mods would just work without it, but unfortunately we're not allowed to (which kind of makes sense, as otherwise the permission setting would be useless, but at least Sony could cache it locally or so, but they don't).
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Thank you for the response Stegei :hi:

As a customer, and I'm talking in general not for Giants specifically, I'm really fed up with the necessities imposed by the companies which I buy their product. It is quite annoying and frustrating.

Because not everybody is doing their job as they should.

Sony wants security and control over everything hence they force that kind of a nonsense then my ISP messes up their service and the only one suffering from other peoples incompetence is me.

I'm quite sure there are lot of people having similar issues. That is just stupid.
PS5 / FS22
Guil

Post by Guil »

Its hardly a dns issue with the ISP? If so use googles on the router.
I think that's what they are, haven't needed to check in a long time.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Although they mess up something like that they are quite good at customer service. So, I will just give them sometime to figure this out. Because the issue is not just affecting me it is a country wide issue and this ISP is the most established ISP in my country. I hope this will resolve quickly.

But that is the first and only time that happened to me hence, I just realised the bitter truth that I can't play farming simulator if I don't have a PSN connection.
PS5 / FS22
Guil

Post by Guil »

You can still use google DNS if you wish. I used to use it years ago.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Thanks Guil. If they don't solve the issue in a short while then I will try the Google DNS. But I don't know if the issue can be resolved with a DNS change. It sounds like a bit more complicated than that as it is a country wide issue.
Last edited by RODHA on Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PS5 / FS22
Guil

Post by Guil »

You'd be surprised. DNS issues can bring an entire network to a halt.
Bobbydj1980

Post by Bobbydj1980 »

That's why I will not own another Sony product they are stuff and so is their services Xbox in my opinion is 100% better I rarely have any issues with games on it and fallout 4 and elder scrolls requires you to be signed in for modhub access to
Love farming simulator I play on the Xbox series x orangebeach Alabama