Fs 21 discussion thread

Share your creations with us!
Giuh

Re: Fs 21 discussion thread

Post by Giuh »

mirceast19 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:31 pm
Giuh wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:18 pm I read someone saying FS21 should be free because they gave us an unfinished FS19, whaat?
I dont want a new FS21 full of bugs like FS19. I dont need another bugged game for months. No. They have just to fix most of bugs - and dont tell us "LOW PRIORITY" or "NOT FIXABLE". Just add 1-2 new maps (not mods) and this is it. Test this new add-on with professional people before launching, not on customers' money and time after you launch it too early. Set a fair price for this new add-on and that's it, I don't need a whole new game.

Improvements are nice and can be make, but first thing I like to be repaired this game, things that should be good in November 20, 2018.
No one wants that, it's pretty obvious. If you feel like the new game doesn't offer enough content then you can just stick with the older one and keep playing with mods.

I jumped from FS15 to FS19, because I felt like FS17 wasn't gonna be good for my PERSONAL preference. Even for FS19, I bought it and refunded it on Steam inmediately because I didn't enjoy it, then a few months later I bought it again and I could appreciate improvements along new mods that made the game even better for me.

You can do the same and stay in 19 until you feel like switching over or wait for 23.

Even I may not buy FS21, but that doesn't mean I say it should be free or assuming they are gonna give us a bad game two years before even having an announcement.
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

After Seasons and Platinum Edition revealed, i have opinion now about next FS game (let's call it FS21 here).

For FS21 game Giants needs to make only 3 things, then i buy it after the launch.

1. NO BUGS! <- few of them are ok, but no way i am going throw this bug fest again!
2. Seasons <- Not joking here, this needs to be implemented into the base game, with options to turn off/on features of it.
3. Dynamic Ground <- made to work together with Seasons and better physics would change the game experience completely.

Imagine a rainy autumn when your tractor needs double tires not go get stuck or snowy winter with ice and need for better traction tires.

Other things i would like to have, but not must have:

1. Improvements of current game aspects <- everything what is improved, will most likely will be better.
2. New machinery <- i do not have any brand i would like to have, after Claas and JD, but anything that fits into the game are welcome.
3. New crops <- why not! But then something that would require different equipment.

One more thing i really like to have are smaller tractors, what are used for fruits/orchards and vineyards. Also irrigation equipment for
southern areas and orchard trees would be nice also.
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

Drmattymd wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:51 pm
IceUul wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:09 pm 2. Seasons <- Not joking here, this needs to be implemented into the base game, with options to turn off/on features of it.
2. Seasons in the hands of Giants is a BIG mistake. Unless Realismus is given a chance to implement it themselves, it will be a disaster.
Why? Do you feel that Seaons 19 is so bad?
I think Seasons 19 is already half-made by Giants, considering that Rahkiin works in Giants and FS19 had some huge changes that Seasons can be implemented much better into the game. I need to agree, that there are some things that Giants can mess up to increase the gameplay and decrease realism but i think the on/off options will solve this problem.

Also i think the Seasons mod needs dynamic ground and better physics, how the ground changes during the year, how it is affected by rain and temperature and how it affects the soil. So basically yes, it will be better to implement all these features together into the game.

I think Realismus could be working for something called Advanced Seasons mod in future, what will increase the difficulty and realism. Or some other mods what will increase realism.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

I'm 90% certain dynamic ground (as in proper dynamic ground) won't be in FS2x. It's not only the grunt of the system which is the issue, but the net-code will be an absolute nightmare to update on the fly.

It's one thing having a 2D texture layer so everyone sees the same in-game 'square' live (still difficult), but it would be a massive change for the actual ground to be different.

Perhaps the best happy medium would be LODs where a 3D ground layer can be shown close-up (2D at distance), but again it would just be a visual trick rather than true dynamic ground. It would still be a lot of extra work for systems though - if the game is still to be available on current consoles then I wouldn't expect anything different in that regard.

As for a season feature, I imagine GIANTS will implement a sort of 'lite' version themselves (optional or otherwise), leaving mods (obviously Realismus) to flesh it out into something closer to what the Seasons mod is. Either that or have it entirely separate, but developed with the game for availability at launch.
Elspoox

Post by Elspoox »

Drmattymd wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:51 pm
IceUul wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:09 pm After Seasons and Platinum Edition revealed, i have opinion now about next FS game (let's call it FS21 here).

For FS21 game Giants needs to make only 3 things, then i buy it after the launch.

1. NO BUGS! <- few of them are ok, but no way i am going throw this bug fest again!
2. Seasons <- Not joking here, this needs to be implemented into the base game, with options to turn off/on features of it.
3. Dynamic Ground <- made to work together with Seasons and better physics would change the game experience completely.

Imagine a rainy autumn when your tractor needs double tires not go get stuck or snowy winter with ice and need for better traction tires.

Other things i would like to have, but not must have:

1. Improvements of current game aspects <- everything what is improved, will most likely will be better.
2. New machinery <- i do not have any brand i would like to have, after Claas and JD, but anything that fits into the game are welcome.
3. New crops <- why not! But then something that would require different equipment.

One more thing i really like to have are smaller tractors, what are used for fruits/orchards and vineyards. Also irrigation equipment for
southern areas and orchard trees would be nice also.
1. There will be bugs, accept it or dont buy it until you feel they're sorted out.
2. Seasons in the hands of Giants is a BIG mistake. Unless Realismus is given a chance to implement it themselves, it will be a disaster.
3. Agreed
Couldnt agree more.
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

I get, nobody wants seasons in base game. But do you want to wait extra year for that, like now happening with FS19?
Anyway, if next FS game will not implement Seasons and Dynamic ground into the game, whatever they come up this time
why they cant do this (last time they said that seasons came too late to be part of FS19 base game), then i am not buying this anymore.
Will continue playing FS19 and older FS series and one other came what hopefully will be ready before next FS series, who has
already Claas, Seasons in base game and dynamic ground and MR mod implemented. What game it is? Figure it out yourself, since
it is not allowed to say its name here :hi:
Giuh

Post by Giuh »

IceUul wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:25 pm I get, nobody wants seasons in base game. But do you want to wait extra year for that, like now happening with FS19?
Anyway, if next FS game will not implement Seasons and Dynamic ground into the game, whatever they come up this time
why they cant do this (last time they said that seasons came too late to be part of FS19 base game), then i am not buying this anymore.
Will continue playing FS19 and older FS series and one other came what hopefully will be ready before next FS series, who has
already Claas, Seasons in base game and dynamic ground and MR mod implemented. What game it is? Figure it out yourself, since
it is not allowed to say its name here :hi:
Then do so. No one is forcing you to move into the next game as soon as it gets released. Many people are now playing FS17, and will or will not move into FS19 later. You can do the same.
Champharos

Post by Champharos »

Definitely a game I would buy but one problem platforms such as the Nintendo switch and mobile require a better support as they are strong enough for better games
Duckzor

Post by Duckzor »

There were many significant and some less significant issues that have impacted the consumer impact and opinons on FS19 and any future version in the Franchise. I have discussed this elsewhere (*Cough signature link Cough*) where while there will always be those that rightfully are of the opinion that FS19 has been a great improvement, while many others would disagree.

There are many people, along with some above in this thread, that have either not bothered with FS19 at all, or are not (supposedly) willing to pre-order and gamble an investment on the next iteration of FS.

In any case there are many things that Giants could and should do going forward.... will they do so? Unlikely, but I would like to think they will! Only time will tell.
FS19 State of the Game - [youtube]https://youtu.be/NdkvMZpJX0o[/youtube]
iliketacos

Post by iliketacos »

I think realistic damage and tow hooks should be added
mirceast19

Post by mirceast19 »

One year ago, we found out that the new FS19 is full of bugs and we suspect that it was launched in a hurry, that it was not tested enough, that it's unfinished, that they did not have enough (or skilled) people for it. Now they are hiring... :)

Do you expect a new FS to emerge at the end of 2020, if they are just start recruiting new people now? I continue to believe that FS21 should be just an update or a new patch of FS19 and only in the future (23, 25) should we hope about something more. Otherwise they risk to rush again to FS21 and will destroy its beginning, as they did this year and at the end of last year.

Happy hiring! Happy bugs hunting! Please fix FS19 first.
Stn573

Fs19 bugs

Post by Stn573 »

mirceast19 wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 12:51 pm
norfolk farmer wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 6:37 pm Given the bumpy launch to 19, whatever changes are made I'll be holding fire on buying it and definitely not be pre ordering again.
FS21 should be free for those who bought FS19, because FS19 looks to be not yet ready, so much bugs that will be fixed in the future... "in next patch" or "no time for that now". Money has arrived, the job has not been done. We already paid for an unfinished product and now just wait to be finished. I dont think that we need to pay again for a next unfinished game or for a game in 21 that should be fixed in 19.
Stn573

Post by Stn573 »

Fs19 seems to have more bugs than the crop fields in real life.
Fs21will hopefully fix them but I can’t see Fs19 owners getting it free.
I would like to see more UK based maps so that players can see what British Farming is like now before it dies off forever.
Whilst the game is farming based and I must say very good it is too, crops need moving so more Trucks and trailers for me .
Improved junctions traffic conditions bigger trucks need more room.
More mud wheel spinning in wet weather.
Better graphics if that’s possible, I find the landscape tool hard to use not the paint mode although more options would be nice, my landscape efforts make it look like a golf course.
Improved customer help and support I can’t load the Anderson pack on a MacBook I’ve repeatedly asked for help from Giant with response so far.

Most of all Giant keep doing what your doing please take note of your customers needs
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

When it comes to the Seasons Mod, it's rather a lot like Marmite, some people love it, some people hate it. Should it be integrated and implemented into FS21. Maybe. If it was an actual Game Mode when starting a Map, so you have currently New Farmer, Farm Manager and Start From Scratch in FS19, well in FS21 add Seasons to that list. That way the people who really want to play with Seasons and think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread can do so. Then for the rest of the players who don't really care for seasons and how limited and restrictive it makes their gameplay, they can still play the game without it.

I don't ever think something like Seasons should be forced on players with no option to turn it off or configure it. My feeling playing Seasons in FS19 (I never played it in FS17, as had stopped playing the game before it got released) is that its fun to play once on a map, but I wouldn't want to play it all the time and on every map. Also from multiplayer perspective a lot of people don't like it, because it restricts what players can do for the majority of time. Sure in Spring and Autumn when there's field to prepare, seed, harvest etc it's fun, but the consensus opinion from players on multiplayer servers I've been on is that during Summer and Winter the game is very boring with nothing to do, and even if players decide to go do contract work to keep busy, that gets boring because all the contracts are for the same type of work.

I guess it comes down really to how far Giants want to push the "Simulator" aspect within Farming Simulator. There is a risk if they make it too realistic and too much like real life, it'll lose appeal to a lot of people and stop feeling like a game and more like work. Yes there are going to be players that want the most ultra hardcore brutal, painful, realistic experience and they'll complain and be angry if they don't get it. However Giants is trying to make and sell a product to millions of people and not just a couple of hundred very vocal ones.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
FS17fan

Post by FS17fan »

Yes, totally agree about seasons integration into the game.