Seasons mod (op updated re: bug reports)

cwattyeso

Re: Seasons mod (op updated re: bug reports)

Post by cwattyeso »

The problem with Fertiliser application is that you need to change the ground state for it to register, the fertiliser application. This is pretty much hard coded into the base game, and I doubt the Seasons Devs can change that. If you fertilise a field a harvested field, you must then either plough or cultivate to register and lock in that stage of fertiliser, as well as record the ground state change. Then when you seed, it'll apply the fertiliser from the seeder and give you your second stage. This is because how the seeders are coded to work in game, they apply the fertiliser to the ground before they apply the seed, which means they are applying their fertiliser before they are changing the ground state to seeded. This is why you can fertilise straight after seeding to get another fertiliser state. It's also why I have always Fertilised a Harvested Field, then Ploughed it, Fertilised it again, then Cultivated and finally Seeder, and that way I get 3 stages of Fertiliser and never need to touch the field again with fertiliser until after the next harvest.

The one thing I would like the Season Devs to look at is the Weeds and specifically the Herbicide issue, where by I'm finding on every save and every map, which suggests its a seasons issue, that when I spray a field to remove weeds, the next day in game/seasons the weeds return to the field. If I spray again it removes the weeds again, but again when I advance a day/to the next stage of seasons weeds can and often do appear again on the field. Surely once you spray a field once in a year, that should prevent any weeds from growing after that point. So for the time being I'm forced to turn weeds off again much like I do in the base game, because they don't work right and are just a nuisance and a huge time sink to keep on top of.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
bojanh66

Post by bojanh66 »

The problem with Fertiliser application is that you need to change the ground state for it to register, the fertiliser application
And thats what the direct seeder should do, change ground to cultivated, then seed, then fertilize and apply 2nd fertilization stage, like it did in FS17 without an issue, all in 1 go.

But in FS19, it wont do that and i just want to know why, is it a bug or game seeding/fertilizing mechanic is changed from FS17.

Then whats the point of having direct seeder if it wont apply 2nd stage of fertilization, but it uses fertilizer while seeding?

I would like to hear from Giants if this is intended game mechanic (changed from FS17) or a bug.

If its intended, then basically there is no point to use direct seeder on the fertilized harvested field.

IMO FS17 mechanic was much better and simplier to use.

Sry for bad english.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

It doesn't do it in FS19 because the way seeders work, they fertiliser and then do the cultivate/seeding, so yes as you have deduced its a mechanic change in FS19 from FS17 on direct seeders, so unfortunately the ground state change only occurs in the second phase of it's operation.

You are correct as well there is no point using a direct seeder on a harvested field directly after fertilising the field. You'd be better off not fertilising, and doing the direct seeding first and then fertilise after seeding, this would give you the correct 2 stages of Fertiliser. The alternative as already said above if you really want to insist on fertilising a harvested field is to plough/cultivate it before then running over it with the seeder.

Another thing to consider as well when playing with seasons, is that currently with the PCF (Patchy Crop Failure Areas) on fields, these actually stop fertiliser/lime being applied to the ground on a harvested field. So you'd actually be better off ploughing or cultivating a harvested field first to remove these before applying any fertiliser applications, otherwise you'll probably end up with patches on your fields that have different fertiliser states to the rest of the field.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
bojanh66

Post by bojanh66 »

This post makes it perfectly clear, thnx.
So they changed the way direct seeders works in FS19, its a shame.
Another thing to consider as well when playing with seasons, is that currently with the PCF (Patchy Crop Failure Areas) on fields, these actually stop fertiliser/lime being applied to the ground on a harvested field. So you'd actually be better off ploughing or cultivating a harvested field first to remove these before applying any fertiliser applications, otherwise you'll probably end up with patches on your fields that have different fertiliser states to the rest of the field.
Now i understand why my field status screen shows so many different patches with different fertilization/lime level...i never used cultivator on the field, only the direct seeder, but it seems it cant remove those patches.

I guess its a time for a cultivator.
DriftFarmer5305

Post by DriftFarmer5305 »

Why is the Salt spreader in testing for consoles? Is seasons being updated?
IseOlen

Post by IseOlen »

1. Mowing grass on a fields that has "plowing needed". In FS17 mowing grass removed plowing requirement, in FS19 not. Intentional? I do understand it was a bit of a cheat in FS17 - plant grass after harvest, mow it once in spring/early summer and directseed soybeans - no plowing/cultivating required and get one extra grass harvest :D
2. Does "Lime needed" affect grass harvest?
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

IseOlen wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:06 pm 1. Mowing grass on a fields that has "plowing needed". In FS17 mowing grass removed plowing requirement, in FS19 not. Intentional? I do understand it was a bit of a cheat in FS17 - plant grass after harvest, mow it once in spring/early summer and directseed soybeans - no plowing/cultivating required and get one extra grass harvest :D
2. Does "Lime needed" affect grass harvest?
MrSealyP has tested all permutations that could affect grass yields, see video link below.

https://youtu.be/pSdOGy4DMWw
hun3

Post by hun3 »

reallogger wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:03 am Radish does not count in crop rotations even though it shows in the planner. In the next version radish cannot be selected in the planner (already fixed).
Thank you for the reply. *thumbsup*
ThatCanadianGuy

Post by ThatCanadianGuy »

reallogger wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:11 am Fallow is registered at the turn of the year (for the mod in between late winter and early spring) and occurs if you have not harvested during the past year.
So if you have grown winter wheat then cultivated the field it would NOT count as Fallow the next spring?
It would have to be from winter to winter with no harvesting to be a fallow condition?
Former real life farmer of lentils, mustard, and wheat on the Canadian prairies.
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

Winter to winter with no harvest becomes fallow yes.

Not sure why winter wheat should become fallow in the spring though. If that is what you meant.
ThatCanadianGuy

Post by ThatCanadianGuy »

I had seeded last fall, harvested this summer and was wondering if it would be considered fallow if I didn't plant until next spring. If it is Winter-Winter I will double crop this year then fallow next year to get the no harvesting from winter-winter. Thanks.
Former real life farmer of lentils, mustard, and wheat on the Canadian prairies.
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

Drmattymd wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:18 am
I dont think it gives you a bonus fertilization level, but I could be wrong. I just thought it boosted the overall yield. Otherwise some of the amounts dont make sense. The fert levels are 33%, 66% and 100%, but the levels in crop rotation are 1.14 and 1.20. and of course .96 for soybeans
I believe the "free fertilization" shows up as one stage darker fertilization level when you plant the appropriate next crop. I don't believe the benefit of the "free fertilization" is reflected in the modifiers (1.14, 1.2, 0.96 as you list above) shown in the rotation planner.

However I haven't actually tested this, this is just what I recall piecing together from the forum and the Seasons documentation.
bojanh66

Post by bojanh66 »

Yea, if you plant "perfect crop" rotation, you get 1 free fertilization level.
But yield modifier is something totally different, its not same as fertilization.
jhall181

Post by jhall181 »

So I guess we’re just not gonna get it for console?

because it’s been out on PC for well over a month, even though it should’ve been out on both at the same time, Because you know as well as I do that there could be bugs on pc that are not on PS4/Xbox one and vice versa, so they really should have been put out and tested and updated simultaneously.

I mean nobody has said anything about any progress on the console version.

Seriously what’s the deal?
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

The deal is that we can only put it on console once and never update it again (super unlikely to ever be updated), so we have to do it once it works.
And we have nearly no console specific code so there are no bugs that only exist in pc but not console.

This is a free script mod that has special treatment to go to console at all.