Seasons mod (op updated re: bug reports)

theSeb

Re: Seasons mod (op updated re: bug reports)

Post by theSeb »

jhall181 wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:22 am So I guess we’re just not gonna get it for console?

because it’s been out on PC for well over a month, even though it should’ve been out on both at the same time, Because you know as well as I do that there could be bugs on pc that are not on PS4/Xbox one and vice versa, so they really should have been put out and tested and updated simultaneously.

I mean nobody has said anything about any progress on the console version.

Seriously what’s the deal?
It’s motivational posts like this that keep us working on this mod.
NielsB

Post by NielsB »

Rahkiin wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:42 am The deal is that we can only put it on console once and never update it again (super unlikely to ever be updated), so we have to do it once it works.
And we have nearly no console specific code so there are no bugs that only exist in pc but not console.

This is a free script mod that has special treatment to go to console at all.
Thanks for this info. Brings us a bit closer to understand how this proces works. Now is there any info you can give on how close you guys are on finishing this project? Is it like half way there or maybe not even close to 30%, or maybe even closer to completion? Thanks in advance.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Have you considered a career in project management?
BiggoB

Post by BiggoB »

not sure theseb is on a war path today. that sounds like sarcasm to me :)

all console players want seasons to come out... well most of them i think.
but to make it an almost bugfree mod it will take some time. i don't even want to get into the code you guys are putting into the mod. all i know is "bash" haha
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

There is currently no way for us to determine the progress.
NielsB

Post by NielsB »

theSeb wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:42 am Have you considered a career in project management?
Nope never thougt about it. But now that you bring it up... im your man to do the job.

Btw i can handle some sarcasm. Was just curious to hear how far i can fill up my patiens bar :biggrin2:

Anyway keep up the good job.
dastardly_doug

Post by dastardly_doug »

I think if my information isn’t wrong, that seasons took six months on FS17 to get to console after it was released to PC.

I’m happy to wait for a bug free seasons. The fact that we have a game like FS19 and an awesome mod like seasons on a PS4 is amazing in of itself.

I’m assuming like me if you’re on console you’re too poor for a gaming computer so we can’t complain anyway.

From the videos I’ve seen playing this game on PC is infinitely more amazing and I’m saving to get a decent gaming PC just so I can play it for real.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Is it common when playing with Seasons, that the price menu in game shows $0 for Grass, Hay & Straw all the time, all year round? I know Seasons makes changes that prevent you selling loose material of these types, (Which is a friggin pain in the ass and makes my loading wagons completely redundant.) but surely there should still be prices showing on the screen all year round, so you know where and to whom you should be selling your bales at any time. I've noticed this now on several maps I've loaded with Seasons, so definitely think it's a Seasons issue not displayed the prices.

Also in Multiplayer on a Dedicated Server, should players going into the Season's menu, and going through the pages, when coming to the price scale screen which shows the high and low prices across the year for each crop, is it common that players on the same server see different prices for the same crop i.e. Player A sees the best time to sell Canola is 5-6 Autumn yet Player B on the same screen sees that for them the best time to sell Canola would be 2-3 Spring.

Also is there any plans to offer more helpful seasons information within the in game help menu, or with the in game tools like the handheld measuring device? One thing I and players on my server are now finding it that when it rains in game during harvest times of the year, when we come to harvest we get the message "Do not thresh when crops are wet" and we can't harvest. Yet nowhere in the help menu does it give us any specific number on what the moisture number should be before we can or can't harvest, nor does anything in game currently tell us how long we need to wait before we can resume harvesting.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Doc3d

Post by Doc3d »

The prices are 0 and bale prices are not shown. Not sure why. You should be able to see the prices when looking in the seasons menu, but not in the normal sellpoints.
No idea regarding the MP. Maybe the save file is not synced (if that’s even possible, I don’t MP so I have no clue) or if one player has played a full year while the other has not, the prices will update during your first year. So player 1 will see the actual prices from the last year while player 2 gets the seasons predicted price?
Don’t think you get a timer to tell you exactly when you can harvest. I go by the wet crop icon only. So when the icon disappears, I can harvest.
girlie100

Post by girlie100 »

Just wondering if the frequency of rain can be adjusted?

I have played two years on Oakfield using the original seasons geo and I only got some snow in winter and then some rain at harvest, the rest of the year was bone dry and makes all the soil be in drought conditions? In winter year two I switched to the Wales geo as it describes itself as milder and wetter, but then my soil temps didn't get above 5degrees until 2nd day mid spring, I did get rain in early spring for a little bit, but then when I saved and come back in it was snow falling even though the weather said rain still and it was 9 degrees air temp?

I'm playing 6 day seasons, will it take a season run through to adjust to the geo change?
PC & Xbox One
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

girlie100 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:44 pm Just wondering if the frequency of rain can be adjusted?

I have played two years on Oakfield using the original seasons geo and I only got some snow in winter and then some rain at harvest, the rest of the year was bone dry and makes all the soil be in drought conditions? In winter year two I switched to the Wales geo as it describes itself as milder and wetter, but then my soil temps didn't get above 5degrees until 2nd day mid spring, I did get rain in early spring for a little bit, but then when I saved and come back in it was snow falling even though the weather said rain still and it was 9 degrees air temp?

I'm playing 6 day seasons, will it take a season run through to adjust to the geo change?
Using GEO mods
girlie100

Post by girlie100 »

Rahkiin wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:18 pm Using GEO mods
Sorry Rahkiin, are you saying using GEO mods is the only way to adjust rain frequency?

or are you saying using GEO mods is causing the issue?
PC & Xbox One
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Doc3d wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:32 am The prices are 0 and bale prices are not shown. Not sure why. You should be able to see the prices when looking in the seasons menu, but not in the normal sellpoints.
I hope this is something The season Devs can fix. Not showing the Grass, Hay and Straw prices on the main game sell screen is not helpful to the players at all. On any given day, how is the player supposed to know which sell point has the highest price and where they should take their bales and stuff to sell. Yes there is prices in the Seasons Menu, however that's not really helpful as that doesn't give you a sellpoint specific price again so you know exactly where to go and get your best price. Also when it comes to selling Straw, Hay and Grass in game, for me I'm not usually doing it when seasons menu says is the best time to do it, but I'm doing it more as a way of passing some time and making some money on quieter days in the year when I can't do much else. I usually have that much Straw, Hay & Grass sitting around I don't need to wait for the Seasons Menu to say it's sell time, but can do so anytime in the year and still make good money because of the high yield of grass, hay and straw I have.

Doc3d wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:32 am Don’t think you get a timer to tell you exactly when you can harvest. I go by the wet crop icon only. So when the icon disappears, I can harvest.
There is a wet crop icon? What, Where? Honestly have yet to come across that and anything that indicates when it's good to resume harvesting after it has rained. Right now we feel we are losing too much time and having too much time twiddling our thumbs whilst we play the waiting game and the guessing game as to when it's okay to start harvesting again or when the game will stop giving us that message and let us.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

girlie100 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:23 pm
Rahkiin wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:18 pm Using GEO mods
Sorry Rahkiin, are you saying using GEO mods is the only way to adjust rain frequency?

or are you saying using GEO mods is causing the issue?
GEO mods is the way
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Actually the BGA still buys Grass if we just looking to offload that quickly. However not a fan that Seasons makes selling grass impossible, it's very restrictive along with only being able to sell bales and not loose. Hoping someone makes a mod soon that can undo and revert that change.

As for additional icons popping up on the top hud, yeah players are noticing this from time to time as we play through the year, however these icons are not referenced or explained anywhere in the help menu. It really would be nice if the Seasons Help Section could be fleshed out and detailed with a bit more information, as right now it's leaving stuff far too vague. If there are extras icons that appear on the hud, there needs to be a section in the help menu, that shows all the icons and explains to the player what they mean. Nice to have fancy hieroglyphics but players need some help to translate these into helpful information. It's also not good for players looking for this information to have to keep exiting out of the game or tabbing out to go to forums or websites hoping that information is published somewhere. It'd be better to keep it all in the game, either in the seasons help section or the seasons menu.