Global company problems?

GenXFarmer

Re: Global company problems?

Post by GenXFarmer »

Had issues on day one of the release. Delete all confirm.
Oh, I’m sorry, I thought this was America.
wiseguy49

Post by wiseguy49 »

I saw the Facebook post too. To be honest, because I always bring it, whoever posted it was an *$#%§* that has no idea what they are talking about.

All that needs to be fixed are the player Triggers. You need to set the collisionMask to only bit 20. Most of them have bit 20 and 25 checked. It is a 10 second fix.
wiseguy49

Post by wiseguy49 »

Yes and yes.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

So wiseguy49 you expect every player of the game to download Giants Editor, learn how to use it, and then fix a bunch of mods by a modding group who have basically F'ed Up their mod. Worse then that this mod is on the Giants ModHub, which means Giants haven't properly tested it, other wise they would have found the problems and errors with it and rejected it back to the authors to fix ahead of release. Hmm, I think I'm going to pass on the Global Company stuff, until they actually fix it and make it work properly. I'm not getting paid to fix mods, yet these people are getting paid each time they get a download. They should at least have to have a bug and error free mod.

Also having look at the latest version of the Global Company Mod, it still comes with all that additional stuff that has nothing to do with Factories or Production stuff like the Horse Helper, More Trees and that Extended Placeable mod that tries to replace Place Anywhere. Until they remove that additional, unneeded stuff from the mod, then I'm definitely going to give it a pass, and stick with the production buildings and factories I've been using since earlier in the year from Farmer Schubi.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
wiseguy49

Post by wiseguy49 »

People can do what they want, I don't 'expect' people to do anything. But what people need to realize is, posting a blanket statement on Facebook saying essentially 'Don't download the GlobalCompany update, it's messed up and the creators know and are working on a fix' was a lie. It is NOT messed up and the mod creators need to make the fix to their individual mods (reason posted below).

I'm going to explain this in layman's terms so that people can understand. The only thing the GC update did, was add a warning to most (if not all) of the player triggers. Those are the triggers that show up when you are trying to open the GUI. The player triggers still work, but in order to remove that 'warning' you need to go into GE and simply uncheck a box. The past player triggers were flagged with bit 20 and 25 - again both checkboxes in GE. In order to fix it, you need to go into GE, and remove the check on bit 25. The reason they did this was, it conflicted with the AUTODRIVE mod. So they are trying to make it more compatible with other mods.

Giants did test this mod just like they do every other. It works great. I have my own personal map with over 80 GC factories and once I made this simple edit my log is back to warning free. Now I can add multiple input/output triggers for the same product so I can have a loading point on the train for example.

If you want to keep using the mods from Farmer Schubi that's great. But I can tell you if you put 80 of his factories on one map it will be lag city. But to each their own. I'd rather have multiple product lines, dump points, visibility nodes, etc. etc.

You may want to take a step back and realize that posts like the one above aren't going to help you grow your streaming audience. Again, not being mean, just bringing the truth that I always do.

one more EDIT: Those other options, like extended placeable, trees, horse helper, etc. can all be turned off in game if you don't want to use them. You'd know that if you actually installed the mod.

Again maybe I'm a little bias, but to me, this mod is 1A best mod created for FS19. I'd say 1B would be Seasons. But again, my opinion.
GenXFarmer

Post by GenXFarmer »

Global Company is one step above virus on my PC. Glad it's gone and will never use their mods.
Oh, I’m sorry, I thought this was America.
Farm-war

Post by Farm-war »

:!: Place Anywhere also Horse Helper are the two warnings that throw me when starting a map skip the warning that it will not work or is corrupt with GC I do not know if that is fixed but because for now I deactivate those two mods and everything works well with GC such you see fix it I can't or I don't know how to modify that I'm new to pc :hi:
*thumbsup* *thumbsup* Hello, I am currently playing on a MSI gtx 1660 ti pc, AMD ryzen 5 3600, 16 gb ram 500 GB SSD :gamer: :gamer: :gamer:
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

wiseguy49 wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:58 pm
one more EDIT: Those other options, like extended placeable, trees, horse helper, etc. can all be turned off in game if you don't want to use them. You'd know that if you actually installed the mod.
Shouldn't need to turn them off because they shouldn't be in the mod. They have nothing to do with Factory or Production Buildings. These are mods that LS-Modcompany are trying to force on people to replace mods that have been out for several months and have been downloaded and used just fine by many people. If I wanted a Horse Helper Mod there is a perfectly good one you can download that's been out pretty much since FS19 came out, I'll use that one thanks. Same goes for Place Anywhere, been out since January, works flawlessly and actually has more features then Extended Placeable. So it's one thing to shoehorn and bundle another mod inside your mod, but they could at least have tried to make it better then the one they are competing with or trying to replace.

Why should LS Modcompany tell me or anyone what mods they should or should not use? Why when using their mod should I have to have warnings and errors thrown at me, that I should remove Place Anywhere or another mod? It's really annoying everytime I load a game with their mods, that it tells me to remove Place Anywhere. That's never going to happen. However what's more likely to happen is I remove all the Global Company stuff if they don't provide someway to turn off those pop-ups and stupid warnings and just let me play the game, with the mods I want and prefer to play with.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

so.. the extended placeables mod doesn't belong in a mod that is entirely based on placeables!? they r trying to "force" people to replace mods? your logic isn't... logical.. u know.. this forum is/should be a huge source of your youtube views.. people r always searching for a good youtuber to watch while they play... I know I do.. had u considered that if u were actually helpful on here and didn't come off as a rude, entitled child, your vids would average more than 10 views each? as to the mod.. ive been happy with it since I started using it/them.. for now ill disable them and wait for the update at which point I will recheck the boxes and resume like nothing has happened.. keep up the good work and I am looking forward to the update
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

What I'm saying Princess if the Farming Simulator 19 community has had a very good placeables mod available from very early after the game came out. Many people use it and have done so without any problems. Then Global Company comes along and now people see this:
I have tested the mod and Global Company and no it does not cause any problems or errors. In fact I'd say Place Anywhere compliments Global Company very well, especially with it's ability to let you place placeables on land you don't own in the game, and can place placeables without all the terrain destruction or alteration happening.

Yet Global Company feel the need to throw this message in your face everytime you load the game, so yes they are trying to force people to replace a very good mod, and instead use their own mod, which as mentioned several times doesn't have the functionality that Place Anywhere does. A lot of people would see that message in game and get scared, and go removing the mod, just because the error tells them to. Now I don't know the full ins and outs of what personal disagreement Napalm had with the Global Company Team, or why they so desperately hate his mod and want people to remove it. I heard something about them being upset that he updated a script from an FS17 map, then further expanded on it and released it as the FS19 Place Anywhere Mod and they are unhappy because he beat them to it, whatever the drama I don't really care but at the end of the day they don't really have the right to tell players what mods they can or can't use. At the same time putting these intrusive messages into their mod is annoying, and they should remove them. I'm sure if I was using other standalone mods like the original Horse Helper or other mods that they have made their own versions of an include with Global Company I'd probably get the annoying messages about those too. It wouldn't be so bad if after displaying the message once, and you clicking okay or ignore, then it was done and never bothered you again. However everytime you load a save or log into a server you get the message.

I like the Global Company Mod for what it wants to do in terms of bring us the Factories and Production Buildings, which down the road will lead to maps with Factories and Productions built in, which is great for players like me with over 1600 hours in the game, who need a little more in terms of gameplay and choices then just doing repeated fieldwork now, to keep the game interesting and keep me playing it for another year until FS21 comes out. However I just wish Global Company would just dial back on the additional stuff and the false scary messages. If they want to release their Extended Placeables, Horse Helper and other mods, then please do so, but as separate stand alone mods so players have the choice to download and use them. Also don't put silly messages into your mod, trying to stop players from using other author's mods because they have some drama with them. I'm sure not everyone playing the game has as many hours in PC Gaming as I do and modding, not just for Farming Sim but many other games as well, and those messages and warnings could be quite off putting to some people not as knowledgeable or experienced in such things.

Way2drunk2walk

Post by Way2drunk2walk »

To each their own but personally I have not noticed any difference between place anywhere mod and global company's version. With global company I can place stuff anywhere I want including on land I don't own.

Also global company was never advertised as a factory script only. It's purpose is to be a script extender, meaning multiple scripts packaged together.
"Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may." Samuel Houston
Farming on PC
wiseguy49

Post by wiseguy49 »

Agreed with the above .

Let me also enlighten people that don’t know : the place anywhere mod that came out in January was a rip off of the ls-modcompany version in FS17 steppanbach map. So this version of extended placeable in the GC mod is the official version not some rip off like the other one. Let’s not forget the importance of getting mods from their original authors.
aklein

Post by aklein »

WiseGuy does make a good point although what I do not know as I have not done this is to study both mods in 19 and the one from 17 to see how much was really ripped off from 17 to the claimed stolen one from 19 to see if it is not just that the concept was the same but the execution was significantly different enough to be unique just does the same general function.

Recall the dispute over the egg crate that a mod published on another mod site back in Jan 2019 was visually the same and did the same function as an egg crate mod that was then published 7 or so months later by someone else here on the mod hub. looked the same, served the same function yet Giants said the claims it was the same mod where not founded as there where enough differences in technical execution.

Now we have Global Company and what I am calling the tale of two versions. I noticed that when the mod was updated yesterday to version 1.1.0 that the credits have changed from version 1.0.0

From the moddesc.xml of version 1.0.0 of Global Company we have this.

Code: Select all

<author>LS-Modcompany / kevink98, GtX, aPuehri, Eribus</author>

<version>1.0.0.0</version>

<title>
        <en>Global Company</en>
    </title>
Yet in version 1.1.0 of the exact same mod we have this.

Code: Select all

<author>LS-Modcompany / kevink98, aPuehri, Eribus</author>

<version>1.1.0.0</version>

<title>
        <en>GlobalCompany</en>
    </title>
There is an interesting difference between the two versions.

Is this implying that the excluded author had nothing to do with version 1.1.0? If so what of their contribution to 1.0.0 should that not carry forward into subsequent versions?

Is it that all of the contributions of that author from version 1.0.0 have been removed in version 1.1.0 and as such deserves no further credit going forward?

But to wrap it up it does seem even from the first release of GC there was some controversy around its implementation of the 'extras' as I will call it.IE Horse Helper or a bale cutter or a pop up info box. Those are items not mentioned yet in addition to the place anywhere style functionality. They just seem tossed in, like opening a bank account and getting a toaster. who really wants the toaster anyway.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Yeah that Egg Pallet Mod is a very good example Farmer Klein, basically Alfalfa created a mod which meant instead of Chicken Pens spawning the little cardboard boxes, they would spawn and fill pallets instead, which made sense seeing as nearly everything else in the game comes in pallet form from Wool at Sheep to Seed, Fertiliser, Herbicide etc from the store. As Alfalfa was also working on the Easy Autoload Script and his Autoload Trailer at the time, he felt it made sense and would be easier to transport egg pallets rather then egg boxes, so he made the model in Giants Editor and then wrote the script that made it so the chicken pens in game and from modded animal pens would always spawn pallets instead of boxes. As you rightly said then 7 months later MrHector comes along and takes the Chicken Egg Pallet from Alfalfa's mod and uses that in his own mod, which he submits to Giant's ModHub. His "Technical Difference" being his Pallets have to be bought from the store and taken to the chicken pen to be filled with the egg boxes, because he doesn't use any scripts, so the mod could be released on both PC and to Console Players, meaning more ModHub downloads for him and therefore more money being paid to him by Giants per download. Despite the protest from not just the original modder, but also people like you and I that this mod pretty much was stolen, Giants have continued to allow it to be on the ModHub. This wouldn't be the first time we have had issues of Giants allowing mods on the ModHub that steal models and assets from other people. Look at that whole situation with JHHG Modding and Custom Modding. I know Giants eventually blocked JHHG from submitting any more mods to Modhub, but the guy still release mods privately by his own site and behind his paywalls, and everyone of them is still lifted or taken from someone else.

As for Place Anywhere, it was my understanding that Napalm wrote the script found in the FS17 Steppanbach map when he worked with LS Modcompany. He left that modding group for whatever reason and when FS19 came around, he realised with the new Terrain & Placeable System in the game and complaints from players over the placeable system, that a Place Anywhere mod was needed. So he took the script made for FS17, he converted it for FS19, and then he improved it to make sure it would work with the newly added Terrain and Placeable System in FS19, and then released it himself. For LS Modcompany to turn round and claim he stole or ripped off his own work from FS17 is quite laughable, and let's not forget the Terrain and Placeable System did not exist in FS17 so was not in the FS17 Seppanbach Script. So to me it seems more like LS Modcompany has now ripped off Napalm and their Extended Placeable mod is unofficial version of the script. The only real difference is the Extended Placeable Mod does not allow a player to disable the terrain adjustment and terraforming aspect. So I guess LS Modcompany didn't want to completely rip-off Place Anywhere.

But then looking now at what Farmer Klein has found in the latest mods and the credits and contributors, it seems LS Modcompany doesn't have a lot of loyalty to people who contribute to their mods but then leave their group. It would be interesting to know in a modding group like this, if a member does leave for whatever reason, do they remove his work from the project, or do they keep using it and taken the credit and rewards for it? Does that member get any of the monetary reward given by Giants for the mod being on the ModHub or does it only go to the current member's listed as Authors? So to me LS Modcompany can try spinning the propaganda they want and crying they are victims of theft or whatever, but to me and a lot of people there is definitely some very shady things about them too. Perhaps people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones or however that saying goes.

throsbi

Post by throsbi »

Let me be the first to request this thread be closed and removed.

It is obvious this has become a personal bash against the Global Company mod and authors.

The Update to the mod does not break anything and none of the GC mods break anything.

All things stated here are rumors.

I am disappointed in all of you. Go to the LS modcompany forums and you will find why the authors name was removed. According to them it was by request. I personally went to GTX Andy site and it has not been updated in months. I can only go by what has been said by LS modcompany.

All of you curious can also go to the LS modcompany and find out why they included the scripts they wrote like place anywhere and horsehelper into the GC set. You will also find out they released the place anywhere script way before this drama started in FS19.

You can choose to use what they provide or not but bashing them because you can not comprehend the problems for the game you create yourself is unexplainable.

Again this thread should just be shut down and removed it answers no questions or informs anyone of anything, its just a bashing of the global company mod and authors because apparently someone dislikes the mod and/or authors.