Discord ...Goose66
Tomazius96

Re: Loneoak in testing

Post by Tomazius96 »

Hehehe thats some next level BS.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Huge Bummer, I was wanting to try out Lone Oak today. Ohh well, At least I have Marwell, not a bad conselation if I say so.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
AndyPandy

Post by AndyPandy »

I thought the reason was that seasons will need base game updates to go along with including scripts in the mod, so if more scripts is needed later, Giants will also need to roll out an update?
239amg

Post by 239amg »

Drmattymd wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:16 am
239amg wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:07 pm CannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnNOT wait!!!!
You can tell by how many lobbies are on multiplayer everyone is getting bored with FS. I’m sorry I don’t need 20 different baleforks, can we get some maps and seasons folks!?
Behind every bale fork could be the next great modder just learning the ropes. Maps are coming, seasons is coming. As stated in another post by Rahkiin, they basically only get one shot to upload seasons so it has to be dang near perfect before it will hit consoles
First sorry for this being more of a seasons comment than a lone oak..
Good way to look at it👍🏻. I’ve only been around Fs since 17 release and don’t completely understand why seasons isn’t just part of the game.? I’m grateful for all the mods and play for hours everyday. But this is farming simulation, our lives evolve around the seasons and it isn’t a basic function of the game? I HAVE TO LIME MY FIELDS but not worry about what time of year my potatoes hit the dirt? Not being negative or down on the game but seems like they missed the mark here.? What is the reason seasons isnt a basic option In the start menu from day one? Thank you modders for your hard work, I wish I had the talent you guys bring to the game.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

A quick turnaround for Lone Oak as it's back in testing today. Could today be the day?
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Thedebe48

Post by Thedebe48 »

239amg wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:24 pm
Drmattymd wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:16 am
239amg wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:07 pm CannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnNOT wait!!!!
You can tell by how many lobbies are on multiplayer everyone is getting bored with FS. I’m sorry I don’t need 20 different baleforks, can we get some maps and seasons folks!?
Behind every bale fork could be the next great modder just learning the ropes. Maps are coming, seasons is coming. As stated in another post by Rahkiin, they basically only get one shot to upload seasons so it has to be dang near perfect before it will hit consoles
First sorry for this being more of a seasons comment than a lone oak..
Good way to look at it👍🏻. I’ve only been around Fs since 17 release and don’t completely understand why seasons isn’t just part of the game.? I’m grateful for all the mods and play for hours everyday. But this is farming simulation, our lives evolve around the seasons and it isn’t a basic function of the game? I HAVE TO LIME MY FIELDS but not worry about what time of year my potatoes hit the dirt? Not being negative or down on the game but seems like they missed the mark here.? What is the reason seasons isnt a basic option In the start menu from day one? Thank you modders for your hard work, I wish I had the talent you guys bring to the game.
There are quite a few of us that agree with you sir. I think at this point though, that argument is falling on deaf ears. The seasons mod isn't owned by Giants, it's done by a third party for now. Hopefully Giants can look at some sort of acquisition to incorporate the mod into future games.
Bobbydj1980

Post by Bobbydj1980 »

Looks like it failed again
Love farming simulator I play on the Xbox series x orangebeach Alabama
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

239amg wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:24 pm What is the reason seasons isnt a basic option In the start menu from day one?
Because Giants' main focus is selling games. While I would personally rather have an in-depth game with less or fictional brands (not that I don't love the diversity we have), most FS purchasers buy the game to drive a John Deere around for 30 mins and never play it again. Those of us that actually play the game because we enjoy pretend farming are in the minority of their market. This is all the more true with them diving into competitive gaming with FSL. I would venture to guess that players like myself that have been playing the series for the better part of the last decade could not care less about virtual farming competitions but they have to do what keeps revenue up.

Also FS19 was well under development long before seasons became so popular for FS17. They would've had to delay the game far longer than they wanted to for seasons to be included.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
Tomazius96

Post by Tomazius96 »

Bobbydj1980 wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:15 pm Looks like it failed again
*sad tractor noises*

Canuck

Post by Canuck »

How do you know that ?
Canuck

Post by Canuck »

There is nothing on od Facebook page about a new failed ?
Untiedshoes

Post by Untiedshoes »

It’s back in testing, along with the Seasons mod for Oregon. I live about half an hour from the real lone oak farm, and if they made the seasons mod a true representation of the weather here in the valley, well, I’m going to warn you now, it rains here. A lot.
xgaetx

Post by xgaetx »

Bobbydj1980 wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:15 pm Looks like it failed again
To my understanding, it is now in testing. It doesn't mean it is due to be released the day it appears in the list. So it might as well be released tomorrow after testing completed???
RunsLikeADeere

Post by RunsLikeADeere »

Just watched FS Clubs mod video. He said Lone Oak is still in testing (he has spoken with OxygenDavid) and it takes more than one day to test maps.
FS17
FS19
FS22
all on PS4

Nothing runs like a Deere!