GPS mod

UK virtual farmer

GPS mod

Post by UK virtual farmer »

I download the GPS mod and for the life of me can not make it work I can get the menu up but have no idea how to make it work I've read the readme linked with it on the modhub but still don't understand how to make it work :confusednew: the videos I've looked at are older version so no good to me is there anyone that can help or point me the right direction *thumbsup*
HirschFan

Re: GPS mod

Post by HirschFan »

Can you point out on witch point you struggle? :search: It's just as simple and easy as IRL :)
keep calm
ValtraDrum

Post by ValtraDrum »

I did it by going onto the second menu page, then setting an a point, driving forwards a couple of metre and giving a b point. Then it calculated by course and angle
Wopster

Post by Wopster »

I am also wondering about your struggles..

The readme literally describes the functionality. You can either setup tracks by shortcuts (alt+e) or like ValtraDrum said through the menu.
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

Love this mod. Thank you very much.
the big print giveth the small print taketh
UK virtual farmer

I'm probably not doing it right :lol:

The problem I'm having is as to my understanding you can set it up then go around the headland and it maps the field I can't work out how or am I thinking of a different mod ?

@Wopster the readme does explain everything but I learn more from watching and doing then reading :mrgreen: nothing wrong by you or your mod *thumbsup* I'm just simple :lol:
michaelr

Post by michaelr »

You must be thinking of a different mod, this mod makes straight A-B lines with your specified width and you then do your headlands manually :smileynew:

Wopster:
One small issue/bug when using the menu, if you start by setting a width/offset first (and have a list of previously saved widths in tab 2) then when you click on tab 2 to set your A point it will immediately overwrite your width/offset with the first item in your list as that is selected by default. After you manually click on an item in the list this doesn't happen anymore when changing tabs, until you reload your game.

Also, I have struggled to set a width/offset for the Kuhn GMD 4411 mower. The maximum offset (that is set by using Auto) makes the tractor change lines by itself. It drives a few meters, then suddenly skip to the next line and repeat doing this while guidance steering is active. I know you probably wouldn't use GPS for such a small mower IRL, but if anyone have gotten it to work I'd love to see the width/offset you're using.

In general the offset feature is not that well documented, but Auto works well for the ploughs I've tried so far *thumbsup*

I absolutely love this mod, so thank you very much for all the hard work you've put into making this for FS19.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

UK virtual farmer wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:06 am I'm probably not doing it right :lol:

The problem I'm having is as to my understanding you can set it up then go around the headland and it maps the field I can't work out how or am I thinking of a different mod ?

@Wopster the readme does explain everything but I learn more from watching and doing then reading :mrgreen: nothing wrong by you or your mod *thumbsup* I'm just simple :lol:
Your issue is that you are hoping the GPS mod has become the Courseplay mod. I can confirm that isn’t the case at all.

Having said that, you can do exactly what you said with a real life GPS.
JohnDeere77

Post by JohnDeere77 »

Do this replace AD, or used together with that mod?
Plays on pc, hardmode and loves grinding
aklein

Post by aklein »

I did this video months ago when the mod was in an earlier stage of development but it has all of the basics you need to know to get started with a simple A + B track. Ill probably do an update to this now that its full release but here are the basics.

1) it only works if you buy the GPS module in the shop for your vehicle. Its rater expensive like a GPS unit in real life so you may very well not add it to everything you own as a result. Personally I reserve it for the bigger tractors which I know will be mostly field work units and do not pay for it on the smaller yard work and carting jobs.

2) Its guidance steering not auto drive so the mod allows you to set up a track and then keeps the vehicle on that track.
UK virtual farmer

theSeb wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:20 am
UK virtual farmer wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:06 am I'm probably not doing it right :lol:

Your issue is that you are hoping the GPS mod has become the Courseplay mod. I can confirm that isn’t the case at all.

Having said that, you can do exactly what you said with a real life GPS.
Well then there's my problem :lol: now I can stop trying to do what I thought you could do and use it the right way *thumbsup* what's the latest version of Courseplay ? and does it work with the GPS mod or do I have to have one or the other?
crash

Post by crash »

*thumbsup*

Finally took the time to wrap my head around it.. The first thing most users should do IMO is to remap the "main switch", auto width, set a/b line and turn on gps steering command to button combos you can remember or find easy to use.. I just used G2/3/4/5/6 on my logitech keyboard. And set the on/off to LB+RB+triangle on my ps4 controller. Implement up/down is on LB+circle, cruise control is on LB+RB+circle and turn implement on is on LB+square. So for me it feels pretty natrual that way. The only conflict you will have is that tip anywhere is on LB+RB+triangle.. But its really not a problem because you dont need gps in a silo to dump grain.. :lol:

EDIT; If you turn you cruisecontrol speed down to 1km/h higher than the implements working speed.. Your speed when you lift the implemnt is the same as when you work.. No need to do a headland turn at 30+km/h :biggrin2: The prosess when you come close to headland/worked area would then be the following: Lift implement(no change in speed since the cruise is set down) turn and find the center line, turn on gps, put down implement. As for articulated tractors, (Jd9rx e.g) they need to be straight with the centerline or else they wil zig zag down the field, and the worse the start, the worse it gets down the line..
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

UK virtual farmer wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:22 pm what's the latest version of Courseplay ?
See here: https://github.com/Courseplay/courseplay/releases
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
michaelr

Post by michaelr »

Drmattymd wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:51 pm I struggled with the offset when i first started using it also. I wasnt using that mower but basically heres what worked for me. The width needs to be from the edge of left tire to the center of the mower. Then just adjust the offset line till it in the center of the tractor. It will take some trial and error probably but once I got it set, it works great.
Thank you, this was helpful. I manually adjusted the width to the value from the store (4.30 meters) and then moved the offset until it was right in the center of the tractor. I also turned on "Offset reversal" so it works in both directions.

Image Image

It seems to work, even though looking at the lines you wouldn't think so :hmm:
UK virtual farmer

don_apple wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:22 pm
UK virtual farmer wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:22 pm what's the latest version of Courseplay ?
See here: https://github.com/Courseplay/courseplay/releases
Thanks *thumbsup*