Seasons mod (op updated re: bug reports)

Illinois Farmer
Posts: 497
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:34 pm

Re: Seasons mod (op updated re: bug reports)

Post by Illinois Farmer » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:47 pm

In real life, around here, people would buy bales if straw, grass, or hay, but you need to bale it not the customer.
1280 acre farm, 3000 hogs, 200 cattle, 16 ewes,1 ram, 30 lambs, and xbox one user

dominiczeth
Posts: 334
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:40 pm

Re: Seasons mod (op updated re: bug reports)

Post by dominiczeth » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:05 am

I just saw something on fs-nation: when there are rotten patches of fruit on a field it will stay there when you harvest. That really looks odd. Is there a way that the harvester remove these patches? Would look much better.

User avatar
EURO_FARMER
Posts: 90
Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:51 am
Location: Europe

Re: Seasons mod (op updated re: bug reports)

Post by EURO_FARMER » Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:52 pm

dominiczeth wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:05 am
Are you referring to PCF?

https://www.realismusmodding.com/mods/s ... play/crops

read between the first two images.

crash
Posts: 690
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:27 pm

Re: Seasons mod (op updated re: bug reports)

Post by crash » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:02 pm

I dont think he is. I wrote some words about this in another thread i think. If you have a "dead"/withred spot, the harvester sees is as no crop.. And if you use a worker and a small combine/header the worker will turn around when he hits the withred spot. I.E, not harvesting it.. In real life the dead crop/weed/to light crop will be blown out with the straw.. You can see this pretty easliy on dry summers with drought where there isent enough moisture to form a normal size grain pod, you will see this as bright green regrowth in the straw swaths.. The seed is to small and to light and blow thru the combine if the driver isent watching the combines instrument and checking behind the combine..
Pc
In Norway

crash
Posts: 690
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:27 pm

Re: Seasons mod (op updated re: bug reports)

Post by crash » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:05 pm

A fix is hard in game i think. as a combine, if i remeber it corectly, resets the field state, so the combines most be reprogramed to also reset the withred parts.
Pc
In Norway

User avatar
EURO_FARMER
Posts: 90
Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:51 am
Location: Europe

Re: Seasons mod (op updated re: bug reports)

Post by EURO_FARMER » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:13 pm

crash wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:02 pm
You know, when the farmers are harvesting , they are very careful to not harvest those " dead " crops, otherwise their yield will lack of quality.
Maybe this is the reason why in Seasons the workers move away from the withered spot.

Of course, every problem has its solution and after the harvester finish its job, then a plow will eliminate those spots :)

dominiczeth
Posts: 334
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:40 pm

Re: Seasons mod (op updated re: bug reports)

Post by dominiczeth » Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:29 pm

EURO_FARMER wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:13 pm
they are very careful to not harvest those " dead " crops, otherwise their yield will lack of quality.
Good point. Still it looks strange when you harvest and leave this patches just like there is nothing happened. Sure it's only a "bad look thing" and doesn't effect the gameplay in any way.

That's the picture from fs-nation where i saw it:

https://www.fs-nation.com/content/perma?id=40818

TobiHH
Posts: 528
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:31 pm

Re: Seasons mod (op updated re: bug reports)

Post by TobiHH » Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:52 am

Sorry for the silly question, but I didn`t play much FS19 until now.
Give it a try yesterday and was wondering if the "skip the night" function in seasons is not longer there.
I know that you can sleep in the farmhouse, but in FS17 you could skip the night with Alt+N. Is this function not implemented anymore?

OlavEmil
Posts: 148
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:12 pm

Re: Seasons mod (op updated re: bug reports)

Post by OlavEmil » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:37 am

Yes, they dropped the skip night function, as sleeping is included in the base game now. Problem being, of course, that you can't sleep before 1900, and it will get dark before that in winter.

TobiHH
Posts: 528
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:31 pm

Re: Seasons mod (op updated re: bug reports)

Post by TobiHH » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:48 am

Thanks for your help. It was a nice feature but I can live with the base game function.

Lucass
Posts: 105
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:43 pm

Re: Seasons mod (op updated re: bug reports)

Post by Lucass » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:49 am

I'I would like to return to the matter of fertilization (page 37/38 of this thread).
Such a case: new map, new save (Lone Oak, with US Midwest GEO), first plowing (field 32), then fertilization (and lime) - which gave the first fert. phase - then sowing Canola with simultaneous fertilization (not direct seeder) which immediately gave the third phase of fertilization.
Is it the effect of the fact that the field was fallow 2 times in a row?
I suppose I don't have to fertilize this field anymore?

User avatar
Rahkiin
GIANTS Software | Gameplay Programmer
Posts: 739
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:45 pm

Re: Seasons mod (op updated re: bug reports)

Post by Rahkiin » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:25 am

Lucass wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:49 am
I'I would like to return to the matter of fertilization (page 37/38 of this thread).
Such a case: new map, new save (Lone Oak, with US Midwest GEO), first plowing (field 32), then fertilization (and lime) - which gave the first fert. phase - then sowing Canola with simultaneous fertilization (not direct seeder) which immediately gave the third phase of fertilization.
Is it the effect of the fact that the field was fallow 2 times in a row?
I suppose I don't have to fertilize this field anymore?
yes

Lucass
Posts: 105
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:43 pm

Re: Seasons mod (op updated re: bug reports)

Post by Lucass » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:43 am

Ok, thank you Rahkiin.

Drmattymd
Posts: 1531
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:54 pm
Location: VA, USA

Re: Seasons mod (op updated re: bug reports)

Post by Drmattymd » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:51 pm

OlavEmil wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:37 am
Yes, they dropped the skip night function, as sleeping is included in the base game now. Problem being, of course, that you can't sleep before 1900, and it will get dark before that in winter.
The start time is either adjusted by seasons or is map dependent because Ive been able to go to sleep earlier than 1900 on shorter days
Playing on PC and PS4

User avatar
Rahkiin
GIANTS Software | Gameplay Programmer
Posts: 739
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:45 pm

Re: Seasons mod (op updated re: bug reports)

Post by Rahkiin » Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:14 pm

Drmattymd wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:51 pm
OlavEmil wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:37 am
Yes, they dropped the skip night function, as sleeping is included in the base game now. Problem being, of course, that you can't sleep before 1900, and it will get dark before that in winter.
The start time is either adjusted by seasons or is map dependent because Ive been able to go to sleep earlier than 1900 on shorter days
We've adjusted the times at which you can sleep depending on the time of year yes

Post Reply