Seasons mod (op updated re: bug reports)

cwattyeso

Re: Seasons mod (op updated re: bug reports)

Post by cwattyeso »

Very good information Loss, just a shame the Devs feel players have to go to their website to see that and can't just open the menu in game and see that information in the help screen. Though I have to say I haven't seen either of those two icons ever appear in game for me. Especially that Moisture one. Maybe I'm not seeing icons because we're using the HudSmartShade and RealClock Mods and maybe those mods don't support the new hud elements or icons added by Seasons.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
grassman675

Post by grassman675 »

Hi, ive got a multiplayer game going and bale prices haven't changed they have stayed on 0 the whole time the game is now in late summer.
Any ideas?
Thanks
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

So how does one know which sell point is offering the highest price at that moment for Hay or Straw Bales, if Seasons stops the prices being shown on the menu screen? You could end up selling your Bales at the wrong place and losing out on potential money.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

I don’t remember it showing on fs17 with seasons either. You also didn’t have to pay for them either if I remember correctly.
girlie100

Post by girlie100 »

Also the vanilla game has different prices for loose and baled but the bale price is never shown, assume that’s why with seasons the menu shows 0. But obviously it was easier to see who was offering the best price.

For hay and straw I find the price is low so the spread is not too much so just go to the closest sell point.
PC & Xbox One
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

I tried showing the bale prices in the prices menu, but it broke for MP because of how the game shares the content of the economy. (and no can't change that from the mod)
Frag

Post by Frag »

Guys Season is awesome, I could not play without it. It gave a LOT of dept to the game. Amazing work.

I was wondering, are you guys planning to do the texture switch for bushes/floral as well at some point? Those deep green bushes and long grass looks out of place during the deep winter. I know that some guy did for their map (just saw that the Smokey Mountain has it for the bushes) ...but it would be nice to have it in the base mod.

Amazing work! Can't wait to see what is next here!
Eische

Post by Eische »

girlie100 wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:35 pm Also the vanilla game has different prices for loose and baled but the bale price is never shown (...)
That is not true. At least not for hay. I just tested it with vanilla on Felsbrunn.
Same amount of hay baled and loose gives the exact same amount of money at the barn.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
Doc3d

Post by Doc3d »

Frag wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:35 pm Guys Season is awesome, I could not play without it. It gave a LOT of dept to the game. Amazing work.

I was wondering, are you guys planning to do the texture switch for bushes/floral as well at some point? Those deep green bushes and long grass looks out of place during the deep winter. I know that some guy did for their map (just saw that the Smokey Mountain has it for the bushes) ...but it would be nice to have it in the base mod.

Amazing work! Can't wait to see what is next here!
That’s up to the map maker. There are instructions at realismus’ webpage that describes the process.
Walrusman02

Post by Walrusman02 »

So outa curiosity, how are yall (realismus) checking on bugs for console if its not on console? Does giants have a version for console for yall to test on, or some algorithm or something? Or just painstakingly checking every line of code over and over again?
2004 Sierra 1500 SLE 4x4
5.3 vortec w/turbo
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Walrusman02 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:07 am So outa curiosity, how are yall (realismus) checking on bugs for console if its not on console? Does giants have a version for console for yall to test on, or some algorithm or something? Or just painstakingly checking every line of code over and over again?
We first need to be sure the mod is as error free as possible, regardless of platform.

As for the topic of selling loose grass or straw, we disabled it because it’s not something you would do in real life. You don’t collect a bunch of loose straw and take it to an auction. It makes no sense. What does make sense is for a farmer or contractor to buy the straw on the field, but it’s up to them to bale and collect.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

In real life, around here, people would buy bales if straw, grass, or hay, but you need to bale it not the customer.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
dominiczeth

Post by dominiczeth »

I just saw something on fs-nation: when there are rotten patches of fruit on a field it will stay there when you harvest. That really looks odd. Is there a way that the harvester remove these patches? Would look much better.
EURO_FARMER

Post by EURO_FARMER »

dominiczeth wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:05 am
Are you referring to PCF?

https://www.realismusmodding.com/mods/s ... play/crops

read between the first two images.