Seasons mod (op updated re: bug reports)

crash

Re: Seasons mod (op updated re: bug reports)

Post by crash »

I dont think he is. I wrote some words about this in another thread i think. If you have a "dead"/withred spot, the harvester sees is as no crop.. And if you use a worker and a small combine/header the worker will turn around when he hits the withred spot. I.E, not harvesting it.. In real life the dead crop/weed/to light crop will be blown out with the straw.. You can see this pretty easliy on dry summers with drought where there isent enough moisture to form a normal size grain pod, you will see this as bright green regrowth in the straw swaths.. The seed is to small and to light and blow thru the combine if the driver isent watching the combines instrument and checking behind the combine..
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
crash

Post by crash »

A fix is hard in game i think. as a combine, if i remeber it corectly, resets the field state, so the combines most be reprogramed to also reset the withred parts.
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
EURO_FARMER

Post by EURO_FARMER »

crash wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:02 pm
You know, when the farmers are harvesting , they are very careful to not harvest those " dead " crops, otherwise their yield will lack of quality.
Maybe this is the reason why in Seasons the workers move away from the withered spot.

Of course, every problem has its solution and after the harvester finish its job, then a plow will eliminate those spots :)
dominiczeth

Post by dominiczeth »

EURO_FARMER wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:13 pm they are very careful to not harvest those " dead " crops, otherwise their yield will lack of quality.
Good point. Still it looks strange when you harvest and leave this patches just like there is nothing happened. Sure it's only a "bad look thing" and doesn't effect the gameplay in any way.

That's the picture from fs-nation where i saw it:

https://www.fs-nation.com/content/perma?id=40818
TobiHH

Post by TobiHH »

Sorry for the silly question, but I didn`t play much FS19 until now.
Give it a try yesterday and was wondering if the "skip the night" function in seasons is not longer there.
I know that you can sleep in the farmhouse, but in FS17 you could skip the night with Alt+N. Is this function not implemented anymore?
OlavEmil

Post by OlavEmil »

Yes, they dropped the skip night function, as sleeping is included in the base game now. Problem being, of course, that you can't sleep before 1900, and it will get dark before that in winter.
TobiHH

Post by TobiHH »

Thanks for your help. It was a nice feature but I can live with the base game function.
Lucass

Post by Lucass »

I'I would like to return to the matter of fertilization (page 37/38 of this thread).
Such a case: new map, new save (Lone Oak, with US Midwest GEO), first plowing (field 32), then fertilization (and lime) - which gave the first fert. phase - then sowing Canola with simultaneous fertilization (not direct seeder) which immediately gave the third phase of fertilization.
Is it the effect of the fact that the field was fallow 2 times in a row?
I suppose I don't have to fertilize this field anymore?
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

Lucass wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:49 am I'I would like to return to the matter of fertilization (page 37/38 of this thread).
Such a case: new map, new save (Lone Oak, with US Midwest GEO), first plowing (field 32), then fertilization (and lime) - which gave the first fert. phase - then sowing Canola with simultaneous fertilization (not direct seeder) which immediately gave the third phase of fertilization.
Is it the effect of the fact that the field was fallow 2 times in a row?
I suppose I don't have to fertilize this field anymore?
yes
Lucass

Post by Lucass »

Ok, thank you Rahkiin.
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

Drmattymd wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:51 pm
OlavEmil wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:37 am Yes, they dropped the skip night function, as sleeping is included in the base game now. Problem being, of course, that you can't sleep before 1900, and it will get dark before that in winter.
The start time is either adjusted by seasons or is map dependent because Ive been able to go to sleep earlier than 1900 on shorter days
We've adjusted the times at which you can sleep depending on the time of year yes
EURO_FARMER

Post by EURO_FARMER »

@ Rahkin,

there is a question I always wanted to ask. The Seasons to start from Spring was it on purpose or just happened? Because normally every season starts from Autumn ; school year, football ( soccer) , Champions League etc.
TobiHH

Post by TobiHH »

If you start in automn but have nothing to harvest (because you didn`t plant anything in spring), you would nearly have a half year where you can`t do anything.
EURO_FARMER

Post by EURO_FARMER »

OK thanx:)
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

Not to mention that farmers start their year by putting crops into the ground in spring (before bashing starts, yes there are deviations). You might say that their calendar have existed a bit longer than Champions League. :D :D