Seasons mod (op updated re: bug reports)

Frag

Re: Seasons mod (op updated re: bug reports)

Post by Frag »

Yes everyday for sure!
W1der

Post by W1der »

Drmattymd wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:33 am I personally think you should have to feed/tend to animals every day. If the amount of food required seems extreme maybe that is what could be adjusted
Or maybe you have more animals than you can / want to handle ... a solution to this problem could be selling some of them (just a thought).

I start out with a low number of animals to make sure that I can feed them without having to buy any food (only what I can provide from my own farm). I let them grow in numbers until I reach the point where I think it´s just enough work to feed them every day and from there I start selling the ones that is born from this point in the game.
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Don't get me wrong, I don't have problems being able to provide food for the animals on my maps. Heaven knows I have more then enough Wheat for Chickens, Pig Food for Pigs, TMR for Cows and Hay for Sheep, that's not an issue and I'd never ever need to pay for food. I also make sure in my games and on my servers we don't buy any animals until we have food for them already built up and stockpiled in our silos and stuff.

However for me yesterday after installing the Beta on my Server the 170 Cows we had suddenly went from requiring 384,000 Litres of Food Per Year to 1,576,000 Litres of Food per year. Same 6 Day Season Length, same game Speed 5x. So suddenly each morning instead of needing a quick top up of water and TMR, they were needing several tanker loads and several very high capacity trailer loads to fill their food bars. So something that could be done by a single player in a single in game hour, was now taking 3 or 4 in game hours to complete. Then you were having to repeat the process for the Pigs, Sheep and Chickens. And bare in mind the County Lines Map I'm playing on uses it's own animal pens that actually have lower capacity then the actual default in game ones. So were we to use the Giants Pens we'd have more animals in each pen and therefore even higher food and water requirements.

I've also just looked at the Lone Oak map from OxygenDavid and all his animal pens built into the map have a capacity for 500 animals. So that's going to have a huge impact if you let the pens get full. Maybe like W1der above says with seasons we need to have less animals and keep selling off animals to keep our pens at an artificial cap of our own choosing. The only downside to that is without running maximum animals in a pen your production is going to suffer and drop way off, which like Frag further up touches upon, that then the danger is the animals don't bring in any money then, at which point there is no point having them at all. IRL Farmers who breed Cows, Pigs, Sheep etc do so because they make money, if they didn't then they wouldn't farm them and keep them, because at the end of the day they are running a business not a charity.

On a different not heading into Spring Year 5 on our Server the Cows have now finally started making Milk. Hopefully they'll produce enough now to make up for the last four years where they made absolutely Zero, and allow us to recover the costs we've spent feeding, watering and housing them the last four years.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
wombles

Post by wombles »

You make some very good points on the feeding of the animals Cwattyeso, I can't get the beta to work :(, so I can't comment on the latest version. I thought they had hit a nice spot with the feeding in the version that's out now, but holy stuff that's some jump in food. I think Rahkiin has moved to the dark side of the force :(, and took a dislike to us milk barrons.
fccboy

Post by fccboy »

Hi everyone I’m hoping some one can help I’m running the latest version (on mod hub) of seasons 19 I have completed about 33 hours on oakfield. I noticed that the weather was not showing the full forecast and day by day it got less and less. I’m mid autumn and just went past 0157 in the morning and the game crashed the weather forecast is not showing anything now and I have looked on the log and it says “new weather event does not attach to the last event in the queue match start and end times “many thanks
Lee
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

That's a bug in the ModHub Release, the way to fix that currently is to go into the Seasons Menu and change the number of days you have the Season Length set for. This will force Seasons to completely recalculate the weather forecast. Advance the game until the morning past the point where you had the crash, and then go back into the menu and change the Season Length back to what you prefer it to be set to.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
fccboy

Post by fccboy »

Thank you very much for your reply I was beginning to think I had to start again 😂 thanks I’ll try that
kintino

Post by kintino »

I liked how the animals were implemented in Seasons despite thinking that they eat very little food (maybe I'm the only one who thinks that :lol: )
Are you predicting when to launch any GEO that enables sugar cane?
SJ_Sathanas

Post by SJ_Sathanas »

This appears to be a seasons bug but doesn't appear on every map. It's on Greenwich Valley but not Sudbury for example. I assume it's been reported already?
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

Yes it's a known issue, requires the map trees to be updated to FS19 versions. Using older tree models causes them to be a bit abstract like that lol.
Will be fixed in the Greenwich update.
CombineBert

Post by CombineBert »

Is there a trick or knack to the water pump working? I put one next to the water trough in the cow pasture on Lone Oak after putting cows in. Waited a while and it never put any water in. The cows health started to deteriorate so ended up buying a water trailer.

Additional: I have the Global Company mod active which may have made the pump more "placeable", could this have an impact? (Just a thought)
Platform: WIN 10 | Game Version: PC Steam
Devices: Logitech G29 Wheel, pedals & shifter | Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick | Stream Deck

Current FS19 Maps:
Ravensburg - 9 Day Seasons
punchi

Post by punchi »

You need to open the valve, so the water fills up
Loss

Post by Loss »

I read that the pump must not be placed too far from the spawnpoint of the cowshed. Not sure that this is right. I placed the pump in the barn just behind the water trough and it works.
bojanh66

Post by bojanh66 »

I think its bug in Seasons 1.0.1.
You need to either wait for official release 1.0.2 version or download beta build from Gitlab (water pump is working in beta build)
bojanh66

Post by bojanh66 »

Question for RM team about newest beta build 30.
What does this actually do, i dont quite understand:
"Remove extra fertilizer on perfect rotations: did not work as expected for direct seeding."