Logitech Heavy Equipment Bundle

eve333

Logitech Heavy Equipment Bundle

Post by eve333 »

I'm looking to buy a Logitech Heavy Equipment Bundle soon i have 2 questions for people who have one already:

1) does the wheel return to center when stationary? (thats not realistic so i hope not)

2) i read so many negative things about the quality (people sending it back multiple times cause it keeps breaking), are there also people around who have got a good working steering wheel? Or is it really not worth to buy?

thx!
Laughinggravy

Re: Logitech Heavy Equipment Bundle

Post by Laughinggravy »

Have had my Heavy Equipment bundle since last Christmas and had no trouble with it at all and no the steering wheel does not return to centre when stationary. However the build quality is a bit on the cheap side so my steering wheel and pedals went back in the box as spares. The side panel is still in operation and works fine and for a steering wheel i use the Logitech G29 and pedals as these are very good quality. My recommendation to you would be buy the side panel and either a G29 or another good quality steering wheel and pedals.
eve333

Post by eve333 »

thx for the info. i already have a complete thrustmaster setup for ETS2 and ATS. But i want the logitech bundle just for farming simulator, so it would be an extra, thats why i wanted to check a few things before i buy it.
W1der

Post by W1der »

I worn out 6 of these in less than two years (warranty was two years) before getting my G920 setup ...

As I recall it the steering wheel is spring loaded and do indeed return to the center if you let go of it!

Dont spend money on the wheel ... (the side panel is fine but I would rather spend my money on a twin setup of the thrustmaster T.16000M)
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
W1der

Post by W1der »

If you already own a good joystick ... and want something for custom buttons ... there is always the Elgato Streamdeck ... :this:
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
eve333

Post by eve333 »

it is the wheel itself that i am most interested in, just cause it looks more like a tractor wheel :), i want to have the most realism as posible, but if it does return when stationary its not realistic at all, i'm quit surprised by that, as its supposed to be made for tractor realism… So that for me is an no go. to bad

the sidepanel is not something i really want, cause i use a controller, keyboard and mouse now, so i have buttons enough.

thx for the info
Last edited by eve333 on Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NotoriousWeber

Post by NotoriousWeber »

I cannot recommend enough, to avoid the heavy equipment wheel and pedals at all costs.

The side panel is great. The wheel and pedals are cheap AF. I had one for 3 weeks, and my PC would no longer recognize it. I sent it back for another one, had that one for about 2 weeks before the same thing happened. Returned the whole thing and ordered a side panel and Logitech G920 and have had zero issues in almost a year. They're even plugged into the exact same USB ports as the heavy equipment bundle were.

The heavy equipment bundle does have a center spring, that adjusts back to center when released....but it is not adjustable..what you get out of the box is what you get.

Order a good wheel and just order a steering wheel knob off amazon, that's what I did.
The facts, although interesting, are irrelevant.
Laughinggravy

Post by Laughinggravy »

Just had my spare Logitech steering wheel out and sorry for the duff info W1der is correct it does return to the centre when stationary. My confusion was you can adjust the spring on the G29 so it has either no or very little tension on it.
UK virtual farmer

Post by UK virtual farmer »

I was very close to buying the Logitech heavy equipment bundle but after reading the reviews I decided to buy a Logitech g29 and an extreme 3d pro joy stick and I'm glad I did works great and have plenty of buttons to program and have a much better wheel for other games like ets and ats *thumbsup*
CombineBert

Post by CombineBert »

Same setup as VF and very happy with it for FS, ATS and ETS. (I have the shifter too)

Looking at a stream deck so can have meaningful logos on the buttons rather than memorising hundreds of keyboard shortcuts across all my games.
Platform: WIN 10 | Game Version: PC Steam
Devices: Logitech G29 Wheel, pedals & shifter | Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick | Stream Deck

Current FS19 Maps:
Ravensburg - 9 Day Seasons
asyvan

Post by asyvan »

I bought the G29 (the PS4/PC version of G920) and the side panel. Not a bundle, just the side panel.
The steering wheel is fantastic, the panel is excellent for FS. Quality is... not the best, but it does it's job.
//Jens Ejvinsson
Farming History: FS11, FS13, FS15, FS17, FS19 (Steam)
Logitech G29, Logitech/Saitek Sidepanel, Logitech F710 Wireless gamepad
PC Gamer - "The Silent Beast" i7-7700K @ 5Ghz, GTX 1070 @ 2.1GHz

Case IH Puma CVX With Tracks
Väderstad Rapid A600-800S Seed Drill
Tutorial compilation for FS19 - list of all my How To guides
george.earlslight

Post by george.earlslight »

I also have the panel (not the bundle) and I'm quite happy with the purchase.
The thing that I like on the panel compared to let's say a spare keyboard or legato and similar is that it clamps on the desk so that it's NOT ON it but extending it.
So I use the steering wheel while resting the other hand on the panel, like a real tractor operator, without stretching or maintaining an awkward posture.
asyvan

Post by asyvan »

george.earlslight wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:04 am I also have the panel (not the bundle) and I'm quite happy with the purchase.
The thing that I like on the panel compared to let's say a spare keyboard or legato and similar is that it clamps on the desk so that it's NOT ON it but extending it.
So I use the steering wheel while resting the other hand on the panel, like a real tractor operator, without stretching or maintaining an awkward posture.
^^^ That +1
//Jens Ejvinsson
Farming History: FS11, FS13, FS15, FS17, FS19 (Steam)
Logitech G29, Logitech/Saitek Sidepanel, Logitech F710 Wireless gamepad
PC Gamer - "The Silent Beast" i7-7700K @ 5Ghz, GTX 1070 @ 2.1GHz

Case IH Puma CVX With Tracks
Väderstad Rapid A600-800S Seed Drill
Tutorial compilation for FS19 - list of all my How To guides
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

this is what I enjoy about using my shifter as well.. not reaching.. a nice comfy position to operate all the functions of my equipment.. I have the shifter from the T150 pro with a shifter knob with buttons (for ATS) and between those and being able to map my (otherwise useless in fs) clutch pedal to engage the secondary functions of the shifter, all my functions r filled.. I don't use my keyboard except for things that cannot be remapped (or im not bright enough to figure out how lolol) which r VERY few and far between and I have few things mapped to the wheel itself aside from starting the engine, menu, store and signals and lights.. a panel would be cool I suppose but using my current setup doesn't leave me wanting for one.. besides.. I have enough peripherals as it is.. ive got a big desk that I customized for my setup and I have almost no room left for anything
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
pingu

Post by pingu »

The Logitech Heavy Equipment Bundle is a weird product. Overall feel of quality is not more than OK, and definitely not matching the price-tag. Some buttons/controls feels great, some feels like they are about to fall apart from day one. I do not understand how someone at Saitek thought that this product was ready for the market. Are the Saitek flight gear of the same uneven quality?

I think I can recommend the side-panel, but only just and if you like spending money! If nothing else, it gives your gaming desk some sort of a cool look. It feels a little 'toy-ish', the scroll-wheel is worthless, and 'rocker-switch-look-alike' buttons were a stupid idea. But the joy-stick has a good feel to it even after a few years of use. (I only use the joy-stick for camera control, since it is very limited. I prefer a proper joy-stick with loads of buttons for things like controlling a crane.) It sits nice and sturdy on the desk, and is general comfortable to operate from your chair. A general drawback for me is that it has to be recognized and programmed from within the game, and FS to me is the worst game I ever played when it comes to programing gaming devices. If you need devices with lots programmable buttons, I would highly recommend stuff like Elgato's Stream Deck, Contour ShuttlePro or Shuttle Xpress, or a Logitech G13 that can be programmed outside the games.

The pedals are OK. Plastic feel, not at all like Logitech's pedals usually are. But they work OK, and for me the benefit is the more comfortable positions of the pedals compared to proper racing pedals (I play FS sitting straight up in an office chair, and not lying down in a sim-racing chair).

The steering wheel... Oh boy... Well, the main issue for me is that it is a 900 degree wheel. Sounds realistic, until you try to find and use the buttons with the wheel turned more than 100 degree. And that is (as you know) often the case turning a tractor around at the end of the field. Try to find important buttons on the wheel at that time... Basically impossible without looking down on the wheel and figuring out on what side is where. There is probably a very good reason a real-life tractor do not have buttons on the steering wheel like your ordinary road car... And the layout of the buttons are definitely not helping you out. Even my medium-sized fingers have trouble separating buttons from each other. My wheel didn't break during the time I used it. But I'm not surprised of all the complaints and issues people have with faulty wheels. I guess it is due to both the cheap-feeling quality and the extreme return-force of the wheel. No surprise that wires break inside it.

I use the pedals and the side panel from the Logitech Heavy Equipment Bundle, but use an old Logitech Momo wheel as my steering wheel. On that wheel I have mounted a Contour ShuttleXpress, and that gives me in total 13 button on the wheel that are easy to reach and use all the time. I also use a Logitech G13, a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, and an Elgato Stream Deck.

I don't understand why Logitech continue to sell the Logitech Heavy Equipment Bundle. Surely they know about the issues with the wheel, and that makes it almost dishonest to continue selling it. It's three years since they bought Saitek. How hard can it by to change some of the more glaring issues with the product and put some ordinary Logitech quality into it? It could have been a lovely product that really added to the FS experience and that hard-core players gladly paid premium for. Instead the web is filled with complaints from users about a low-quality and toy-like product.
<-- FS17 on an iMac 27" playing Lone Oak Farm and The Western Shore -->