Editing a mod map does not take effect

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
elevenfourteen

Editing a mod map does not take effect

Post by elevenfourteen »

Hey there!

I have a little issue with editing a mod map. The map is Marwell Manor Farm. I don't want to change much, just moving a trigger and deleting a shed. Whenever I do my changes in Giants Editor and save, it does not take effect when starting a new game. Never had this issue with another map. When I open the modified map again, the changes are still there. Does anybody know anything?

(I do not plan to reupload the modified map btw. Just 2 or 3 little changes for myself.)

Thanks guys!
mcatalyst

Re: Editing a mod map does not take effect

Post by mcatalyst »

elevenfourteen wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:01 pm Hey there!

I have a little issue with editing a mod map. The map is Marwell Manor Farm. I don't want to change much, just moving a trigger and deleting a shed. Whenever I do my changes in Giants Editor and save, it does not take effect when starting a new game. Never had this issue with another map. When I open the modified map again, the changes are still there. Does anybody know anything?

(I do not plan to reupload the modified map btw. Just 2 or 3 little changes for myself.)

Thanks guys!
If you are moving the trigger in GE, that isn't used in the game. The game uses the trigger in the items.xml file which should be the same position and rotations of your new position in GE. The trigger in GE is just for reference in the editor. Also make sure it is not visible or you get double visuals in the game.
Myrithis - Catalyzer Industries
elevenfourteen

Re: Editing a mod map does not take effect

Post by elevenfourteen »

Is it the same case with the buildings? Removing a shed doesn't work at all. Seems like it gets placed when the map is loaded, no matter if it is deleted in GE or not. Thanks for your answer!