Mods In Testing - Fan Discussion

BernardC

Re: Mods In Testing - Fan Discussion

Post by BernardC »

nerkags wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:18 pm Can someone tell me why console can't have mods like shelf storage or wool storage.
For these mods use scripts
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

asyvan wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:19 pm I think CMs mods also is many slots because it is lots of detail (polygons). Not sure how much they can bring that down.

But I agree with you, and hopefully Giants and CM are listening. They should agree with eachother what is required to release.
Custom modding had higher slots... yes. But they are usually close to what the in game one is. Like their 8r is not far from the base game. 72 slots is over 30 from the base game....no way lol
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
asyvan

Post by asyvan »

vondeylenfarms wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:50 pm
asyvan wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:19 pm I think CMs mods also is many slots because it is lots of detail (polygons). Not sure how much they can bring that down.

But I agree with you, and hopefully Giants and CM are listening. They should agree with eachother what is required to release.
Custom modding had higher slots... yes. But they are usually close to what the in game one is. Like their 8r is not far from the base game. 72 slots is over 30 from the base game....no way lol
Haha, yeah 72 is really bad. I agree.

Somehow the modder managed to get polygons from 175000 (i3D size less than 10MB) on Giants original model to 275000 (i3D size 14MB) on his. The modder also have 3 normal and specular files that are close to 3MB each, but contain only super little data for very small objects. These normals and speculars should be 512x512 and not 2048x2048 like they are. A 512x512 is 340kB, a 2048x2048 is 2.8MB.

So yeah, the mod is very poorly optimized and that is why it takes 72 slots.
//Jens Ejvinsson
Farming History: FS11, FS13, FS15, FS17, FS19 (Steam)
Logitech G29, Logitech/Saitek Sidepanel, Logitech F710 Wireless gamepad
PC Gamer - "The Silent Beast" i7-7700K @ 5Ghz, GTX 1070 @ 2.1GHz

Case IH Puma CVX With Tracks
Väderstad Rapid A600-800S Seed Drill
Tutorial compilation for FS19 - list of all my How To guides
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

This 7R will use the John Deere front loader. That's kind of a big deal, no? Highest HP tractor with a front loader option. 72 Slots is huge, but that fact that it's high HP and uses a front loader allows it to take the place of two tractors.

As far as the American Style 7r discussion...Sadly, if you want a true American style farm and map, PC is probably going to be the best/only option. As someone from the States, I have come to that realization, and I am no longer fretting over it. I'm having a lot of fun playing the Euro maps, and for the time being have Lone Oak to scratch the itch. I'd love to see gravity wagons, augers, more row crop options, NA style dairy silos... The game still has another 12-13 months in the cycle yet for modders to work, but unless they themselves want to show interest in doing NA styled mods, we are not going to see it. And I'm okay with that. Because If I really needed them that bad, I'd play on PC. So it's a trade off that I feel more people need to come to grips with it.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

The modders are doing US versions! Not sure why you say they aren't. Custom Modding is by far the biggest one making them. Giants hasn't said anything yet, so I'm keeping hope that they still allow mods that are close to other mods, yet different

Platform-PS5
Onto FS22!
asyvan

Post by asyvan »

vondeylenfarms wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:35 pm The modders are doing US versions! Not sure why you say they aren't. Custom Modding is by far the biggest one making them. Giants hasn't said anything yet, so I'm keeping hope that they still allow mods that are close to other mods, yet different
I don't know anything about what CM do or don't, or Giants for that matter.

But!
I can tell you the QA team at Giants for the Modhub is very very good. They are very responsive to any ticket you as a modder send. If it hasn't been done, and if I were CM, I would message with the QA team about what is required in order to release. They can for sure work it out somehow so CM can release their stuff.
//Jens Ejvinsson

chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

vondeylenfarms wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:35 pm The modders are doing US versions! Not sure why you say they aren't. Custom Modding is by far the biggest one making them. Giants hasn't said anything yet, so I'm keeping hope that they still allow mods that are close to other mods, yet different
I'm not saying they aren't, but the volume of what's coming and what's actually out on the console isn't there. That's all I'm saying. Custom Modding, who I am very thankful for, are putting out a mod every month or two. And I respect that for the amount of work and effort they put into them. But you can't expect them to produce a whole line-up. That would be absurd. My point is be thankful for what you have, but if you need more, then you may need to lean towards a PC. And this isn't a knock against you, I just observe things in that you show a certain level of impatience for getting new mods all the time. You may have a way more enjoyable experience playing on PC.
Last edited by chedly_farms on Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

asyvan

Post by asyvan »

asyvan wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:10 pm Somehow the modder managed to get polygons from 175000 (i3D size less than 10MB) on Giants original model to 275000 (i3D size 14MB) on his. The modder also have 3 normal and specular files that are close to 3MB each, but contain only super little data for very small objects. These normals and speculars should be 512x512 and not 2048x2048 like they are. A 512x512 is 340kB, a 2048x2048 is 2.8MB.

I checked the 7R some more, and the modder managed to spend 65000 polygons on one (1!!!) terminal.
The terminals I have added to my Puma are less than 12000 polygons for all 7 variants together.
//Jens Ejvinsson

chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

asyvan wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:52 pm
asyvan wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:10 pm Somehow the modder managed to get polygons from 175000 (i3D size less than 10MB) on Giants original model to 275000 (i3D size 14MB) on his. The modder also have 3 normal and specular files that are close to 3MB each, but contain only super little data for very small objects. These normals and speculars should be 512x512 and not 2048x2048 like they are. A 512x512 is 340kB, a 2048x2048 is 2.8MB.

I checked the 7R some more, and the modder managed to spend 65000 polygons on one (1!!!) terminal.
The terminals I have added to my Puma are less than 12000 polygons for all 7 variants together.
Maybe there is an opportunity for a more experienced modder to reach out and help with some advice.

Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

chedly_farms wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:22 pm This 7R will use the John Deere front loader. That's kind of a big deal, no? Highest HP tractor with a front loader option. 72 Slots is huge, but that fact that it's high HP and uses a front loader allows it to take the place of two tractors.

As far as the American Style 7r discussion...Sadly, if you want a true American style farm and map, PC is probably going to be the best/only option. As someone from the States, I have come to that realization, and I am no longer fretting over it. I'm having a lot of fun playing the Euro maps, and for the time being have Lone Oak to scratch the itch. I'd love to see gravity wagons, augers, more row crop options, NA style dairy silos... The game still has another 12-13 months in the cycle yet for modders to work, but unless they themselves want to show interest in doing NA styled mods, we are not going to see it. And I'm okay with that. Because If I really needed them that bad, I'd play on PC. So it's a trade off that I feel more people need to come to grips with it.
Yea that is all very true. I think cm 7r would have the front loader option as well plus updating their 8r to have it as well.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

Honestly...I dont work with CM obviously but they may not care to even ask Giants. If Giants dont allow it then o well o their part. They will release it PC players which is CM's main players. They release mods for consoles just a pure "your welcome"? Like I said I have I side knowledge, just my thoughts if I were working with them in it. Obviously I hope for the best outcome and let the players have the mods...I'm fine with more than one, they are all different somehow and let us decide

Platform-PS5
Onto FS22!
Pensarethebest

Post by Pensarethebest »

There are 2 fendt 500 mods on modhub. Why would we assume that there cant be 2 7r mods as well.?
FS 22 and loving it.
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

Pensarethebest wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:23 am There are 2 fendt 500 mods on modhub. Why would we assume that there cant be 2 7r mods as well.?
You correct there are...I didn't download them to see but are there clear differences? My hopes are they allow it! Not sure why I don't see the Quadtrac from CM on their WIP page anymore, just so happens it was right after the other one got released.

Platform-PS5
Onto FS22!
asyvan

Post by asyvan »

Pensarethebest wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:23 am There are 2 fendt 500 mods on modhub. Why would we assume that there cant be 2 7r mods as well.?
Because the 7R is based on Giants model from FS19. The Fendt 500 is not. Simple as that, and exactly what I explained in previous posts.
//Jens Ejvinsson

Pensarethebest

Post by Pensarethebest »

asyvan wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:11 am
Because the 7R is based on Giants model from FS19. The Fendt 500 is not. Simple as that, and exactly what I explained in previous posts.
Am I missing something, my base game has the 500 in it?
FS 22 and loving it.