Fs 21 discussion thread

Share your creations with us!
EURO_FARMER

Re: Fs 21 discussion thread

Post by EURO_FARMER »

Hi guys,

these are few of my suggestions for FS21. Of course I know that Giants would decide, they have the right to create their game with any way they want , but I thought to write what I would like to see in FS21:

1. Seasons into the base game.

2. Greek language.

3. Olive trees and olive mills.

4. All buildings to be placeables and salables.

5. Bulldozer so we would be able to demolish the buildings we don't want.

6. Rabbits as new animals.

7. Clover as new crop in order to be used as rabbit food and also for silage.

FS21 is around the corner, November 2020 probably.
Bobster38

Post by Bobster38 »

Personally i think that cross-platform should be a number one priority with the new game as it allows people to play with friends no matter what Console/PC/MAC they are on. New crops is always nice however, and i think giants themselves should release daily/weekly/monthly mods themselves along with the purchasable DLC's. only other thing would be that i have a Speedlink joystick that seems to drift a lot on the game so add larger Dead-zone capabilitys.
Dinesen_Jr

Post by Dinesen_Jr »

I think there should be added mud so that when it rains the ground gets wet and muddy and tractors will sink into it and maybe get stuck
Guil

Post by Guil »

Time will tell but that sort of thing requires huge power which most users pc would not be able to run.
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

Giants should definitely concentrate on making whats in the current game better rather than keeping on adding more and more niche things like ever more obscure crop types and activities like horse riding. They really pushed the horse riding and cotton farming in the FS-19 marketing campaign and I'd be very, very surprised if a singe copy of the game was shifted off the back of either of those features being promoted. What would sell the game is having a decent map (one of OxygenDavid's to be precise) coming with the game at launch and actually having a placeable system that works.

As I said though they should really just work on polishing the current version of the game. They really need to work on the environment lighting. Even with Season's its still not as good as it could be. The dynamic sky in FS-19 was long overdue and to be fair doesn't look too bad for what it is but clearly could look a lot better I think. Also, as I've just said in another thread I've started I'd personally love to see the game move to 3rd person. I know its a personal preference thing but a lot of people do prefer 3rd person, or at least give us the option.
Procobator

Post by Procobator »

Guil wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:59 pm Time will tell but that sort of thing requires huge power which most users pc would not be able to run.
But you could achieve this for the most part with mods in FS17 and to some extent in 15. My computer ran it fine in these fs editions.
Prairieroots

Post by Prairieroots »

TheSwede wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:54 pm I would like to have machines that actually sounds like they are hard working heavy machinery...
Completely agree with this statement. I like how some of the machinery, (i.e., balers) chug as they gather the forage. But, if all you have is a monotonous tractor sound to listen to, without stress, I am going to turn that down.

Also, I don't why there has to be music in the background.
Started playing 2019
Plays on Android
2 yrs @ School of Agriculture
6 yrs farmworker
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

Prairieroots wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:00 pm Also, I don't why there has to be music in the background.
Music in the background?

You can turn the radio off and also turn the music off when you're at the starting screen if that's what you mean.
Prairieroots

Post by Prairieroots »

I know you can. I guess I am asking why does it have to be included at all.
Started playing 2019
Plays on Android
6 yrs farmworker
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

It's a choice though, don't like it turn it off. Like it, keep it on.
I'm not really seeing the issue :hmm:
Prairieroots

Post by Prairieroots »

It's not an issue. It is just me blabbing my mouth. 😉
Started playing 2019
Plays on Android
6 yrs farmworker
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

:lol: Fair enough.
Prairieroots

Post by Prairieroots »

fozbot1973 wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 9:45 am Add in crop rotation bonuses or something like that, make it so that if you grow the same crop repeatedly then you increase the risk of disease/pests. Have different locations favour certain crops. Not being a real farmer I don't know much about the subject but I know the game treats crops very simplistically.
That's a good observation and suggestion.
I have the experience of working in Western Canadian farming. If you don't allow your crops to lie fallow (no activity for 1 year, occasional cultivation) then crop performance suffers. Rotating crops and using cover forages improves yield. I play on my phone. There is no bonus for playing as realistically as I do. But, that's wear I get my entertainment.

I hope to switch to a console format to enjoy modding.
Started playing 2019
Plays on Android
6 yrs farmworker
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

Mobias wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:22 pm They really need to work on the environment lighting. Even with Season's its still not as good as it could be. The dynamic sky in FS-19 was long overdue and to be fair doesn't look too bad for what it is but clearly could look a lot better I think. Also, as I've just said in another thread I've started I'd personally love to see the game move to 3rd person. I know its a personal preference thing but a lot of people do prefer 3rd person, or at least give us the option.
If you want to see a dynamic sky go look at the new Flight sim by Microsoft, now that is a dynamic sky, what we have in FS19 is a **** show, it is a very poor put-up job.
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

j_maybury wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:58 pm
Mobias wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:22 pm They really need to work on the environment lighting. Even with Season's its still not as good as it could be. The dynamic sky in FS-19 was long overdue and to be fair doesn't look too bad for what it is but clearly could look a lot better I think. Also, as I've just said in another thread I've started I'd personally love to see the game move to 3rd person. I know its a personal preference thing but a lot of people do prefer 3rd person, or at least give us the option.
If you want to see a dynamic sky go look at the new Flight sim by Microsoft, now that is a dynamic sky, what we have in FS19 is a **** show, it is a very poor put-up job.
There's loads of games that have amazing dynamic skies and weather effects but they're incredibly resource heavy on processing power. FS-19 is Giants first attempt at having dynamic weather and like I said its a much needed first step. I'm sure it'll evolve and get better and better along with the rest of the game.