Physics - Bales do not stay still.

Please report new found bugs in this forum and confirm that you were able to reproduce a bug.
You can find all information in "How to report a bug"
makefs19greatagain

Physics - Bales do not stay still.

Post by makefs19greatagain »

Version: PC 1.4.10

Tools: Any Tractor, Any baler

Issue: Bales do not stay still. When stacked, bales will randomly shift and vibrate until the stack is ruined and on a non-locking trailer (Such as the basegame Fleigl trailer) bales will shake and vibrate and slip and slide all around until bales begin to fall out of the top. Happens with both round and square bales of all types. Bales appear to constantly have some form of velocity applied to them and they appear unable to reach zero velocity, instead moving slightly and bumping other bales until enough friction and momentum is gained to cause bales to move from their original spot.

- Single- or Multiplayer: Single, though happens in Multiplayer too as far as I know.

- Steps to reproduce: Stack any bales, preferably in a place where they have restricted movement such as against a wall or on a walled trailer. After some time, the bales will begin to shift and move even if they are stacked perfectly.

- Does it happen on a standard map without mods: yes, It has happened since release and still has not been fixed, Instead y'all made an E-sport out of the broken physics.

- Which vehicles & machines are involved: Any baler, Any tractor, DPW 210 is a good example for a non-locking walled trailer.

This has been a significant problem since release and I have seen absolutely no progress made on attempting to fix the broken bale/log/pallet physics. Bale physics have gotten so ridiculous that it was made into a minigame instead of being fixed, Well done. *thumbsup*
Attachments
log.txt
(22.5 KiB) Downloaded 73 times
BigC92

Re: Physics - Bales do not stay still.

Post by BigC92 »

Don't place them against the wall, move a foot or 2 away from the wall. The bales tend to kick out a tad bit and you need to fasten down your straps too, i never had this problem before.
makefs19greatagain

The problem seems to happen when an active bale spike or some other form of machine is nearby. The bales will begin to twitch and vibrate as if they had gained sudden velocity. If they are against a wall and there are no active vehicles nearby the bales do stay still. Still though, in situations such as with the Fliegl DPW 210 which has no straps, the vibrating and shifting bales make keeping a stack nearly impossible and the bales will literally begin to float to the top and spill out. Bales in real life are a little softer and have some give to them when stacked, while the bales ingame are hard as a rock, so at least being able to stack them properly without them flipping out should be a given :-|
Last edited by makefs19greatagain on Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

There's this bale spike that holds 2 bales it does do that, if that's what your talking about, i just lease a bale trailer.
makefs19greatagain

This is not a problem with trailers rather than a problem with the physics of the bales themselves and how they behave when near a moving vehicle. When a character controlled moving vehicle is near a stack of bales on the ground (or stacked on a trailer without straps), the bales will begin to vibrate and move and shift until the stack undoes itself and it all topples like a sad game of Jenga. If there is no vehicle nearby then the bales do lock into place on the ground and do not shift, but the problem still exists as you would need a moving vehicle to grab and transport the bales for whatever purpose (in my case, stored bales for cow feed, which is a daily thing), Bringing the vehicle close to the bales unlocks them and they begin to vibrate and shift again. Being that the bales are rock-solid objects too they will slide over eachother very easily and this is what causes them to topple as their vibrations continue until they eventually just fall out of their stack.

I am sorry if I am not making much sense, My english is not without flaw :oops:
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Ohhh, i had that problem, you get near them in a vehicle and they vibrate and shake. I have autoload bale trailer and it dont do that problem.
makefs19greatagain

yes! and the vibrating and shaking makes my perfect stacks of bales fall apart. It is very frustrating. I hope something is done about it because it has been a problem since release and so far no mention of it being fixed or in the process of being fixed has been made. All we ever hear from giants anymore is about the farming simulator league, why run an esport on broken bale physics?
Phantoms

Post by Phantoms »

makefs19greatagain wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:07 am It is very frustrating. I hope something is done about it because it has been a problem since release
Longer than that. As many version back as I can remember. It's just something I've come to live with that bales move around some when close to them.
Playing on PC
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Until the bale physics can be made much,much better I will carry on with the autoload forks,trailers and bale stacks. I prefer to play as realistic as I can but these bale physics are far from realistic.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Thought I'd bump this thread with my own testing rather than create a new one. I've been testing myself with both the auto-stackers (vertical unload) and the auto-loaders (horizontal unload).

I should add that the game is the current version (1.5.1.0) and for these tests the only mods I had loaded were the Ursus T-127 round bale stacker (GIANTS mod), the Money Tool (both of which were removed after round bale testing and before square bale testing) and the Anderson and Claas Platinum DLCs (the only ones I have).

The map tested was standard Felsbrunn and I was unloading on the land behind the shop to the west of field 31.

Ursus T-127 round bale stacker:
  • Some shaking when I unloaded some bales near the others, stopping after a few seconds. Shaking doesn't seem to affect bales more than a couple of metres away.

Anderson RBM2000 round bale loader:
  • Unloaded bales next to existing pile and in front of existing pile (getting as close as I could) without any movement at all.

Arcusin FSX 63.72 square bale stacker:
  • Same as the Ursus round bale stacker. Stacks wobble when unloading a load next to (but not touching) other bales but stop after a few seconds.

Anderson StackPro7200 square bale stacker:
  • Same as the Arcusin square and Ursus round bale stackers. Bales would shake a little when unloading nearby, but a few metres away nothing.

Anderson 3450 square bale loader:
  • Same as the round bale version (RBM2000). No movement on other bales irrespective of where or how you unload.

With the vertical bale stacks (round or square) this is as close as I could get with the Arcusin bale trailer before the bales started wobbling of their own accord. Even an inch back or forwards would cause wobbling:

And with the same with the the Fendt 1050. Interestingly the square bale stack didn't move at all until the rear hitch of the tractor hit the bales, but getting as close as below (the round stack) with the front of the tractor produced wobbling again. Both the rear and front of the tractor could get this close to the round bale stack before wobbling:

Whether buildings have a bigger effect I don't know, but I didn't experience any collapsing of stacks in this testing, only mild wobbling. So perhaps collapsing stacks requires buildings or another mod. I know the John Deere Cotton DLC had issues with the CSZ Equipment Pack before the mod's 1.4.1.0 update (issues which weren't there with the Cotton DLC), so maybe those with the Cotton DLC can test to see whether they have any worse results than me?

Neither the round or square bales unloaded by the Anderson RBM2000 and TSR3450 respectively showed any wobbling or movement of bales at all, either from other bales, trailer or tractor until they came into contact. Perhaps the orientation of the bales is important?
Attachments
log.txt
(13.83 KiB) Downloaded 74 times