MOD request for giants software.

MFPaul_J

Re: MOD request for giants software.

Post by MFPaul_J »

Hello,
Hardly anyone takes requests, Giants won't listen to these sort of requests anyways. A mining map on console won't be seen for a long time....
Somkeyps4

Post by Somkeyps4 »

I wann see realistic beacon for console
Barrcott

Post by Barrcott »

The only thing I'd like changing is when using 'workers / helpers' is that they can pass through telegraph poles to keep them going , not worried when I'm doing it myself it adds to the reality of the job , but would be nice to leave a worker to just get going & finish the job completely
Swapped the tractor seat for a truck, 30 years later & still regretting it !

Last regular drive > FENDT 930 / 939 & Claas Xerion 3800
Play time > Ford TW20
Bottomless money pit > David Brown 880
Should never of sold the MF168 !
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Barrcott wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:38 pm The only thing I'd like changing is when using 'workers / helpers' is that they can pass through telegraph poles to keep them going , not worried when I'm doing it myself it adds to the reality of the job , but would be nice to leave a worker to just get going & finish the job completely
It's an difficult one that. Some map makers remove the collision from some objects in the field to avoid issues with the helpers, others prefer to keep the collision for realism.

If the helpers aren't massively improved in FS2x (much needed in my opinion) then it would be nice to have the option for players to choose whether or not items with a certain collision mask actually had collisions (a bit like some map makers have a collision mask on hedgerows to avoid bales rolling across the map).

When I was testing Oakfield Farm for FS17 I suggested to OxygenDavid that he removed the collisions from the telegraph poles on the road up to Empire Stores (between what was fields 44 and 45 in FS17; fields 15 and 16 in FS19) as they were causing issues with the helpers in those two fields.

I did read a couple of criticisms that such items didn't have collisions (don't recall seeing any about the ones in the fields though), though equally there would have been criticism if OxygenDavid had kept those collisions. Even BulletBill and OxygenDavid, the founding members of Frontier Design, couldn't agree on that as Coldborough, The West Coast, Lone Oak and BB's private FS17 map all have collisions on those objects, and OxygenDavid himself has changed his mind on Marwell Manor in FS19 (where the telegraph poles in the fields do have collisions).

These things will always divide opinion though and there is no correct way. If the helpers were smarter it wouldn't be an issue, but it's been a recurring thing in FS forever - at least the helpers now detect most of those objects and turn to avoid them, but it can make for a rather messy job which you need to clean up.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

^^This, giants really needs to improve the ai, maybe taking some inspiration from the other ai mods out there. No matter how good you get it there will always be issues, but giants is a little behind on the ai game. It should be if they scan a collision ahead of them, it scans beyond the obstacle to see if there is field beyond that. If there is find a way to move around the obstacle and continue working.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Barrcott

Post by Barrcott »

Thanks for the reply chap, when I'm driving machinery myself I don't have an issue but bloody annoying when the worker does but then the helpers are probably brighter than a few of the drivers I've employed when I was contracting 🤣🤣🤣 I'm pretty new to this so still trying to get my head around it , I've just come off fs15:ps3 into fs19 ps4 & at 50 yrs old I'm learning fast ! You're right of course you can't please everyone 🙄
Swapped the tractor seat for a truck, 30 years later & still regretting it !

Last regular drive > FENDT 930 / 939 & Claas Xerion 3800
Play time > Ford TW20
Bottomless money pit > David Brown 880
Should never of sold the MF168 !
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Until the AI is improved I edit maps to remove collisions for obstructions in the field. When I am working the field I drive as if the collision is still there.
Brent34

Post by Brent34 »

Get a CAT license please 😂
polo-073

contractors request

Post by polo-073 »

A mod or change the ability to do more then only 1 contract at the time. Requested for console players
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

ArizonaSnow wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:43 am Well they removed the round bale wrapper and collector from the game which has always been standard game equipment and added it on the mods page to con console owners into thinking there are actually mods already.
LOL
the big print giveth the small print taketh
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Brent34 wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:55 am Get a CAT license please 😂
We already have it, Callenger
Coolguy42

Post by Coolguy42 »

They need to make the John Deere 1023E through the John Deere 2038R models! *thumbsup*
Coolguy42

Post by Coolguy42 »

Small farms are awesome and those tractors are really cool.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

That's what I said
Kianb44

Post by Kianb44 »

Giants software should add the place anywhere mod on fs19 for console