XB1 Frame rate

User avatar
FarmCatJenkins
Posts: 1482
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:27 pm
Location: Pennsylvania, USA

XB1 Frame rate

Post by FarmCatJenkins » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:38 pm

I'm sure this has been addressed somewhere by someone, but I am new to the forums and was wondering if anyone else is having an issue on Xbox One with bad frame rate drops after hiring more than one worker with larger equipment? I had two workers going on Lone Oak last night, one with the in game Lemken plow, and the other running lime, and it was completely unplayable. Any thoughts?

Rasping rabbit
Posts: 1280
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:57 pm

Re: XB1 Frame rate

Post by Rasping rabbit » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:12 pm

I play on xbox1x and have had no problems, even using multiple workers on the same fields.

Bad frame rate on consoles are usually down to a big build up of equipment in one place, or large amounts of pallets/bales etc.

The only issue I ever had with frame rate was on Pacific Northwest when I had around 30 seed pallets all in one place. But it only causes an issue when I went very close to them.

adammac5858
Posts: 345
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:35 pm

Re: XB1 Frame rate

Post by adammac5858 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:16 pm

I'll have a tiny bit of a drop when having more than 3 workers hired, it is barely noticeable, however. I am playing in the 1X, my 1S had a lot more issues with FPS and workers when in my main yard.
FS17 on PS4
FS 19 on the XBox 1X (No more PS here!)
Xbox: Macdizzle58
MODDERS: You are the reason I play. Without you, I would never had gotten hooked on FS17. THANK YOU

User avatar
FarmCatJenkins
Posts: 1482
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:27 pm
Location: Pennsylvania, USA

Re: XB1 Frame rate

Post by FarmCatJenkins » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:19 pm

Seems to be hit or miss with everyone, from what I have been reading. Only two tractors out of my shed, no pallets/bales owned. Seems to be worse when the white gets laid down from the lime. My only concern is with Season coming, hopefully things don't get worse with all the new features. I had to leave my game run and do nothing else, while I did some stuff around the house. And if you've ever plowed a field on Lone Oak with a 7m plow, that's about an hour and a half of waiting lol.
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15
Facebook Page
Facebook Group
Join our Discord!

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins

User avatar
FarmCatJenkins
Posts: 1482
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:27 pm
Location: Pennsylvania, USA

Re: XB1 Frame rate

Post by FarmCatJenkins » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:20 pm

Rasping rabbit wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:12 pm
I play on xbox1x and have had no problems, even using multiple workers on the same fields.
Just curious, what TV settings are you running? I'm just assuming with the One X you're on 4K. I've noticed differences when washing out the color or changing the backlight.
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15
Facebook Page
Facebook Group
Join our Discord!

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins

Highsider
Posts: 61
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:31 am

Re: XB1 Frame rate

Post by Highsider » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:27 pm

I have this issue on my OneX, it's noticible when workers starts turning... It kind of helped to disable the mods I don't use, but never fully goes away. Reinstalling didn't help me, guess it's a performance issue... :blushnew:

adammac5858
Posts: 345
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:35 pm

Re: XB1 Frame rate

Post by adammac5858 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:28 pm

FarmCatJenkins wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:20 pm
Rasping rabbit wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:12 pm
I play on xbox1x and have had no problems, even using multiple workers on the same fields.
Just curious, what TV settings are you running? I'm just assuming with the One X you're on 4K. I've noticed differences when washing out the color or changing the backlight.
If I run at 3840x2160 I don't have any FPS problems. If I switch to 4096x2160 i get a few issues, barely noticeable again. My Samsung TV runs HDR and 120hz, if that makes a difference. I am not very knowledgeable about it. I went to settings on my box and it optimized. Did the same with my TV.
FS17 on PS4
FS 19 on the XBox 1X (No more PS here!)
Xbox: Macdizzle58
MODDERS: You are the reason I play. Without you, I would never had gotten hooked on FS17. THANK YOU

User avatar
Arrancar88
Posts: 330
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:46 pm

Re: XB1 Frame rate

Post by Arrancar88 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:37 pm

I am on PC and have same issue, this issue has been discussed quite a bit and it seems engine is the culprit. I remember having 5 workers at same time on Lone Oak and no FPS issue in FS17.
In FS19 2+ workers and FPS drops. Plowing and Cultivating are the worst, you can't have more than 1 worker doing them, if you want 60 FPS. Harvesting seems to be alright. I had 2 workers with no issues, 3rd one sometimes dropped frame or two.
PC Steam
Farming since FS2009 :hi:

User avatar
FarmCatJenkins
Posts: 1482
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:27 pm
Location: Pennsylvania, USA

Re: XB1 Frame rate

Post by FarmCatJenkins » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:47 pm

Highsider wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:27 pm
I have this issue on my OneX, it's noticible when workers starts turning... It kind of helped to disable the mods I don't use, but never fully goes away. Reinstalling didn't help me, guess it's a performance issue... :blushnew:
Yeah like I said it seems hit or miss for everyone. Fingers crossed for 21 I guess :confusednew:
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15
Facebook Page
Facebook Group
Join our Discord!

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins

User avatar
FarmCatJenkins
Posts: 1482
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:27 pm
Location: Pennsylvania, USA

Re: XB1 Frame rate

Post by FarmCatJenkins » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:50 pm

adammac5858 wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:28 pm
FarmCatJenkins wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:20 pm
Rasping rabbit wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:12 pm
I play on xbox1x and have had no problems, even using multiple workers on the same fields.
Just curious, what TV settings are you running? I'm just assuming with the One X you're on 4K. I've noticed differences when washing out the color or changing the backlight.
If I run at 3840x2160 I don't have any FPS problems. If I switch to 4096x2160 i get a few issues, barely noticeable again. My Samsung TV runs HDR and 120hz, if that makes a difference. I am not very knowledgeable about it. I went to settings on my box and it optimized. Did the same with my TV.
I’ll have to check my settings when I get home. Thanks for the info. It’s weird to me too that when I launch the game it doesn’t switch to HDR10, still just runs 2160p, even though it’s considered a “One X Enhanced” game in the store.
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15
Facebook Page
Facebook Group
Join our Discord!

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins

User avatar
FarmCatJenkins
Posts: 1482
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:27 pm
Location: Pennsylvania, USA

Re: XB1 Frame rate

Post by FarmCatJenkins » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:05 pm

Arrancar88 wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:37 pm
I am on PC and have same issue, this issue has been discussed quite a bit and it seems engine is the culprit. I remember having 5 workers at same time on Lone Oak and no FPS issue in FS17.
In FS19 2+ workers and FPS drops. Plowing and Cultivating are the worst, you can't have more than 1 worker doing them, if you want 60 FPS. Harvesting seems to be alright. I had 2 workers with no issues, 3rd one sometimes dropped frame or two.
Wow sorry to hear, but glad it’s not just a problem with my Xbox. Guess plowing is getting turned off, even though I enjoy the immersion. It’s a big pain only working on one task at a time when you have seven big fields
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15
Facebook Page
Facebook Group
Join our Discord!

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins

Bobbydj1980
Posts: 325
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:01 am
Location: Orangebeach Al

Re: XB1 Frame rate

Post by Bobbydj1980 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:30 am

I have the Xbox one s and have on 4k have not noticed any frame rate issues unless there's multiple pallets around
Love farming simulator I play on the Xbox one s orangebeach Alabama

Post Reply