Season: At which age the sheep die?

norfolk farmer

Re: Season: At which age the sheep die?

Post by norfolk farmer »

Thanks for the answer @reallogger look forward to it once it is ready whenever that should be 👍
hun3

Post by hun3 »

reallogger wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:34 pm Sheep get 10 years old.
I'm just thinking out loud here....a feature in a future version of Seasons where a player could set when to aromatically sell animals when they reach a certain age or weight? Yes? No?
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

No we won't do that.
IseOlen

Post by IseOlen »

But can you add ordering to animals screen so ordering by age/weight would be possible?
Frag

Post by Frag »

IseOlen wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:28 pm But can you add ordering to animals screen so ordering by age/weight would be possible?
I would also LOVE that sort. Would be way easier when dealing with large enclosure of few hundred animals.

An important info .... In the animal screen, where you sell the animals, we know the weight and age, but we do not know if the animal is pregnant or not, which I would have really like to have when selling.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

In the next seasons update I think we will see a vast improvement to the animal screen.
IseOlen

Post by IseOlen »

Frag wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:57 pm ... but we do not know if the animal is pregnant or not...
Currenty you can see it like that:
But would be easier if the animals screen would be basically a spreadsheet - easily sorted/filtered.
Frag

Post by Frag »

IseOlen wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:46 pm
Frag wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:57 pm ... but we do not know if the animal is pregnant or not...
Currenty you can see it like that:
But would be easier if the animals screen would be basically a spreadsheet - easily sorted/filtered.
Yeah I know, but this screen is in the Main menu of animal. When it is time to sell, the selling screen does not have that info. So when you sell an animal, you don't know if its pregnant or not. Depending of when I sell my animals, that info is quite important.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

If it says next animal on blank amount of time, then that animal would have to pregnant in order to know that information. What do you want them to do, have you preg check every animal by sticking you arm up there to check for a head?
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Frag

Post by Frag »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:24 am If it says next animal on blank amount of time, then that animal would have to pregnant in order to know that information. What do you want them to do, have you preg check every animal by sticking you arm up there to check for a head?
lol funny ... but you did not read my post before replying. What I said is that the info is not available in the trader screen, where you sell the animal. If you have a trick to know it when selling please let me know.

See the screenshot, no pregnant info there...

Illinois Farmer

Not sure on that frag, but the cows show when the next one is available.

Edit: to check to see if a ewe is pregnant you should see it start to bag and check the rear end. At least that is how irl ha
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
IseOlen

Post by IseOlen »

Frag has a valid point - while detailed screen has pregnancy info it is not visible on trading screen.
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

Off topic, but when can I expect sheep to start producing wool?
the big print giveth the small print taketh
Illinois Farmer

I think I read, they only produce in the spring time, so depending on when you got then it might take some time.
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:18 pm I think I read, they only produce in the spring time, so depending on when you got then it might take some time.
Thank you *thumbsup*
the big print giveth the small print taketh