More fuel consumption by RealismusModding

BoxTunnel

Re: More fuel consumption by RealismusModding

Post by BoxTunnel »

I don't want too much realism, can't have the game waking me up at 4am to milk my virtual cows!

I do like this mod though as I hardly ever needed to refuel my tractors.
GenXFarmer

Post by GenXFarmer »

ThatCanadianGuy wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:57 pm I thought that was the whole point of a simulator?
Exactly. Which makes one wonder why one needs to repair a tractor four times more than refueling.

The plot was lost long ago. The question for FS21 is whether simulator triumphs over arcade.
Oh, I’m sorry, I thought this was America.
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

GenXFarmer wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:01 pm
ThatCanadianGuy wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:57 pm I thought that was the whole point of a simulator?
Exactly. Which makes one wonder why one needs to repair a tractor four times more than refueling.

The plot was lost long ago. The question for FS21 is whether simulator triumphs over arcade.
It won't. Giants sold more copies by creating an Arcade game instead of a real simulator.
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
Phantoms

Post by Phantoms »

GenXFarmer wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:27 pm It's a simulator. It's not supposed to be a reflection of reality.
:-?
Playing on PC
GenXFarmer

Post by GenXFarmer »

Phantoms wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:00 pm
GenXFarmer wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:27 pm It's a simulator. It's not supposed to be a reflection of reality.
:-?
Exactly
Oh, I’m sorry, I thought this was America.
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

this mod tho <3 idc about workers or lime.. don't use workers and the lime cost doesn't bother me.. and idk y FSL got drug into it but idc about that either :lol: but the fuel thing REALLY annoys me.. I could go out to the farm, fire up the case backhoe and just fiddling around doing road repairs or pushing brush around to burn or bush hogging around the ponds and easily burn $40 in fuel.. I can only imagine how much my grandpa used to put in his ford tractors for field work.. it was something he didn't really talk about as im pretty sure the constant consumption/cost of fuel was a thorn throughout his lifetime of farming lol.. I know that farming simulator tries to replicate real numbers with their tractors.. but we don't use real values in terms of the scale of our farming in game.. the fuel consumption needs to be scaled to fit the game better
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

I actually kind of think the game does represent fuel in real life. Now, I know it is messed up to go a whole year and not to fill up, but hear me out with an open mind. Since not being able to play 4x maps, this portrays to the standard 2x. In every map, except Dahl, there are not that big of fields, even lone oak doesn't have that big of fields. I understand they are scaled down to fit into the game, and I think giants forgot to scale up their fuel consumption to match it. Let's bre honest, irl if you farm 10 acres (a big field in game), you would use hardly any fuel to get the job down. That's why I think their game fuel mechanics is actually too accurate to work I'm the game.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Farmer216

Post by Farmer216 »

My farm burns through an entire fuel trailer in two days. Ya'll need to buy more land.

My biggest peeve is an unlimited gas station in the middle of my farm. Takes the fun out of having a pickup and fuel trailer. (Looking at you Lone Oak)

RE: FSL ~ Zero interest, I couldn't care less.
I play on Xbox3 (Which they called the "One" for some reason)
Addicted to Farm Sim since: 6-26-2k17
FS17@ 5,336hrs ~ FS19@ 3377hrs (updated 2.18.21)
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Farmer216 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:11 am My farm burns through an entire fuel trailer in two days. Ya'll need to buy more land.

My biggest peeve is an unlimited gas station in the middle of my farm. Takes the fun out of having a pickup and fuel trailer. (Looking at you Lone Oak)
There's nothing stopping you using a fuel trailer. Just pretend the diesel trigger isn't there.

A lot of farms have fuel delivered to them, they don't go and collect it themselves. Of course some farms, particularly bigger ones, also use an auxiliary fuel trailer for field work (no point manoeuvring a huge combine miles back to a farm just to fill it up).
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

I do all the work myself, no hired help.. there is no way I would go through that much.. the only tractors I EVER have to fill r mod tractors I have edited the fuel consumption on for myself.. I suppose if I had a few big fields with a few workers running 10.90s or something I would.. but I should still have to.. my equipment is scaled to my farm.. heck it was 3 full seasons years before I replaced my Ursus C355 with the H488 for ploughing on my Starowies pig farm.. I still drag all the other implements around with the C355 as its "enough" for my current farm with 5 fields around the main farm.. ill probably still have the Bizon at the end of my playthrough (20 years is my target goal.. coming into summer of year 4 now).. I haven't had to refill that Bizon since I started.. since installing this mod I have FINALLY begun to see some usage.. btw... for fuel usage the C355 is great! a days worth of work really reflects on the gas gauge

EDIT - I also remove farm fuel stations on maps and replace them with a tank I have to fill manually
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick