John Deere S790 - Console slot count - Can we get clarification

Illinois Farmer

Re: John Deere S790 - Console slot count - Can we get clarification

Post by Illinois Farmer »

I hope they don't fixed it. I haven't had a problem.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:15 pm I hope they don't fixed it. I haven't had a problem.
That's because you won't have a problem...it will be fine. They made the statement to shut PS4 players up and will probably just let it go lol it's shame, more slots would be nice to have on a all JD farm
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
Farmercaseih

Post by Farmercaseih »

They didn't make it up... other players have actually had issues because they went over the normally allowed slot count and it crashed their game.
Hogger

Post by Hogger »

Huh!
Illinois Farmer

Farmercaseih wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:05 am They didn't make it up... other players have actually had issues because they went over the normally allowed slot count and it crashed their game.
Why would you go over the amount? That wasn't too bright on their part. The problem with it some are not as much as they used to be and that's causing game issues according to giants, but I and others on here haven't experienced that.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

You can hardly blame the users for going over the limit given that the system isn't currently reporting the slot usage correctly.
Illinois Farmer

Yea it isn't reporting it correctly, so it is harder to go over the limit. Reality, they were trying to take advantage on it in two ways and it bit them for it.

Edit: a person blows a stop sign, oh it isn't their fault, the speed limit sign wasn't posted.
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

No it's easier to go over the limit because the slots are shown lower for maps and mods generally, as far as I know. Not everyone is on this forum or necessarily even aware that there is currently an issue with slots on Xbox I imagine.
Illinois Farmer

Yes I agree not everyone is on here or aware. Yes the slots is lower on maps and equipment than should be, therefore you can buy more equipment, hence harder to go over the limit. Since they are lower, you are further away if reaching the limit to start, but you still should know not to go over the limit. Not arguing anymore on it Ritchie.
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

A vehicle which takes up 30 slots say is currently (incorrectly) showing 15 slots used. You think you've used only 15 when in fact you're using 30, therefore you will reach the slot limit without realising it. The system is telling you you have more slots available than there actually are.
I'm not trying to argue with you but you're not understanding the issue correctly and I'm trying to explain it to you that's all.
Illinois Farmer

If it says 15 it puts 15 in the slot used section. Plus, how do you not realize how much you used. It tells you.
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

That's the issue, there is a bug on Xbox that means the number of slots being used is not being reported correctly. Therefore you think you're using 15 slots say but in fact you're using up 30.
Illinois Farmer

Game runs perfectly fine. Even told me I have reached my limit. I don't see any issues.

Edit: I was maxed before this issue came about. Logged in to prove a point and was at 942 and just bought everything to get 1298 and played for a bit. Everything runs smoothly with no issues.
Last edited by Illinois Farmer on Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

You're completely missing the point :lol:
Farmercaseih

Post by Farmercaseih »

What he is trying to say is that you are using more slots than the game says you are. He is Not saying your console can't handle using more slots.