Old Stream Farm Discussion

FarmerJimbob

Re: Old Stream Farm Discussion

Post by FarmerJimbob »

LukeFarmer wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 6:33 pm on console there are more detailed games and they go great, giants has the task of optimizing it to the best but with fs19 this thing was not done
Suggest you do a bit of research on the technical demands of a simulator vs regular games and how they are a square peg to the console round hole. The search function on here is a good place to start, this matter has been debated endlessly already.
LukeFarmer

Post by LukeFarmer »

FarmerJimbob wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 8:00 pm
LukeFarmer wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 6:33 pm on console there are more detailed games and they go great, giants has the task of optimizing it to the best but with fs19 this thing was not done
Suggest you do a bit of research on the technical demands of a simulator vs regular games and how they are a square peg to the console round hole. The search function on here is a good place to start, this matter has been debated endlessly already.
I also suggest that you inquire about how to optimize a console game and not always repeat the same thing and blame the console
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

Dude, I’m not the one banging the same drum every post I make bitching that everything should just be better, ignoring the constraints of technology. Consoles were not designed to run simulation games and Giants aren’t a AAA games company, it’s as simple as that. I own a PS4 but I know what it’s good at and what it isn’t hence I play FS19 on PC. I played 15 & 17 on console and accepted that the game experience wouldn’t be all it could be.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

LukeFarmer wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 9:14 pmI also suggest that you inquire about how to optimize a console game and not always repeat the same thing and blame the console
There’s some quite good info in this post

viewtopic.php?f=963&t=145084&p=1127108#p1127108

And some links to other posts for more info about how slots work 👍🏼
Dmey

Post by Dmey »

Here we talk about 200 slots lost with an update, not this eternal debate about pc/console ...
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

Dmey wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 11:20 pm Here we talk about 200 slots lost with an update, not this eternal debate about pc/console ...
I could be wrong but I am sure something similar happened on Lone oak in 17 and nothing major had changed.

Things happen, things go wrong when mods are converted to console sometimes. And modders can’t test things on console.

There have been a few that have had items with massive slot counts for no apparent reason but generally the mod makers can fix it. Only have to look at mercury farms to see that fixing it is possible, I think alienjim has managed to reduce the slots twice so far on that map.
LukeFarmer

Post by LukeFarmer »

Rasping rabbit wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 11:29 pm
Dmey wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 11:20 pm Here we talk about 200 slots lost with an update, not this eternal debate about pc/console ...
I could be wrong but I am sure something similar happened on Lone oak in 17 and nothing major had changed.

Things happen, things go wrong when mods are converted to console sometimes. And modders can’t test things on console.

There have been a few that have had items with massive slot counts for no apparent reason but generally the mod makers can fix it. Only have to look at mercury farms to see that fixing it is possible, I think alienjim has managed to reduce the slots twice so far on that map.
Exactly they should do as alien Jim
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

LukeFarmer wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 12:13 am Exactly they should do as alien Jim
Remember these are modders who are creating this content in their own time for zero reward and, quite often, little adulation. They should do whatever they want and we, the FS community, should be grateful for their efforts.
LukeFarmer

Post by LukeFarmer »

👍
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

Just realised you can reduce the slots on this farm if you sell the sheds and barn to the rear of the farm....around 90 slots and then just build the shed again,it’s not ideal but a work around
BearClaw

Post by BearClaw »

I got some multiplayer issues discovered on this map, i use it for one player map and got no problem, but on multiplayer i have some.
Others who is familiar with this?

Problem one: sheeps wont be sold, it jumps to buy side / icon instead. Happens some times on 1. Farm

Two: tractors wont lift og lower equipment at several times, get to repair it or reset it. Only happens on farm one.

And at last, doomsday ... all placeables dossappears when loading up the game, everything is gone, only equipment left on on the farms. On all 3 farms.

Now this have never happened on other maps, so is it possible a map issue? Love this map and it is my highest score map for FS so it is a bit sad. Hope to get answers
I love the smell of farming better than the profit
Cad_dao

Post by Cad_dao »

LukeFarmer wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 10:12 am
on console there are more detailed games and they go great, giants has the task of optimizing it to the best but with fs19 this thing was not done
What reasons tell that it haven't been done? Did Giants did it right or not, I think it might take some more meat around the bone before stating such thing. Game is running and rolling many numbers in background and taking them into account, always calculating...the whole map every tic toc on the clock. Also, the more the map is detailed, more it eats slots. Always been, always be. A reason why console don't have huge production maps availiable.

Reinventing the wheel every game version ain't profit wise. Not a mystery that any gaming company will choose what to pick back and what to build new. Then make it's seat from those calls. Giants also have to stay within the limits imposed by Microsoft or Sony. What are those? Who knows exactly and for sure...but surely they exist. And surely as other gaming company does, Giants will avoid mess with those. Anyway, the call will always be to stay on the safe side of the line.

Returning you to this topic... *thumbsup*

viewtopic.php?f=963&t=145084&p=1127108#p1127108

Regards!
FS 17 & 19 on XBOX one
Giuh

Post by Giuh »

Does anyone know if it's gonna be updated for Seasons 19?
johnnyd982

Post by johnnyd982 »

I certainly hope so, it would be a shame if the best map out there did not receive a Seasons treatment
emz

Post by emz »

Just a quick question about the farm yard chicken pen and feeding/cleaning (PC, with seasons). I've had chickens now for five game days and they haven't made any mess at the feeding area. I'm assuming that they should throw feed around and make a mess that needs cleaning. Could this be because of the animal pen extension mod or what could be causing this? Sheeps are making a mess normally, lol.

Ps. love, love, loveee this map otherwise :)
I've been called a "crazy horse lady". Playing on PC.