[LS19]Patch 1.5.1 release tomorrow

Celusendon

Re: [LS19]Patch 1.5.1 release tomorrow

Post by Celusendon »

Hi O5-Chris,

Is there a plan to add the missing hydraulic connections, etc. to the old vanilla machines with a patch? As they are missing this option from the begining.Or they are too old, and don't worth the effort?

My second question is is there a plan to make the "slow vehicle" sign as config options? As they are mostly used only in the USA.

I'm curious about these topics, as I try to be as realistic as the game allows. :) #soilmodification
O5-Chris wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:53 pm 'ello,

tomorrow Oct. 15th, we're going to release Patch 1.5.1 live, in preparation for the Platinum DLC.

The Patch will be available at the following times (EDT/BST)
GIANTS Webseite: 04:30 AM / 09:30 AM
Playstation 4: 05:00 AM / 10:00 AM
Xbox One: 05:00 AM / 10:00 AM
Steam/Origin: 04:30 AM / 09:30 AM
Please refer to this page to convert to another timezone.

Patchnotes:
  • fixed localization texts
  • fixed vehicle geometries
  • removed automatic train from traveledDistance statistics
  • fixed baleloader network issue
  • fixed several vehicle physics settings
  • fixed tutorial performance issue
  • fixed ai memory leak
  • fixed tree type directory handling
  • Improved fillevel display performance
  • fixed spraying mission
  • fixed balewrapper reconfiguration
  • added CLAAS color to color selector
Farmercaseih

Post by Farmercaseih »

Giants most likely will not add american customizations to the ingame machinery, as they are not from the US.
Maxtris27

Post by Maxtris27 »

Yea this not being able to change aspect ratio on console is frustrating me as I can’t see most my money and my fuel levels
ace54858

Post by ace54858 »

Maxtris27 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:04 pm Yea this not being able to change aspect ratio on console is frustrating me as I can’t see most my money and my fuel levels
the size of the ingame info can be changed if i remember right it's in the settings before you load a map.
mirceast19

Post by mirceast19 »

What's wrong with you, guys? The black night is back. At 8:00 PM it's all too dark.
Celusendon

Post by Celusendon »

Farmercaseih wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:54 pm Giants most likely will not add american customizations to the ingame machinery, as they are not from the US.
Yes I know they are from Germany, but many models (for example the Bredal spreaders, or Joskin water tanker) has the "slow vehicle" triangle by default. I'm asking they plan to make those triangles as options, so I can remove them if I would like to configure them to EU conform. :coolnew:
Or is there any EU country which uses those triangles also?!
Oreo

Post by Oreo »

When FS 19 updated today I tried to buy a new piece of equipment and was prompted to sell equipment or buildings in orderly gain new equipment. I then discovered slots. This is unsatisfactory I was basically at a hold up. I could no longer purchase anything at the store no seed, no fertilizer, nothing. Then to find out this is only on Xbox and ps platform. I was at over 1500 slots filled and had to get to 1200 slots. This is not fair and is making me want to quit the game all together. I would basically be stuck doing what I have equipment for unless I sold it to do other jobs. I loved expanding my farm to be able to do different task. This needs to be changed back ASAP
Jimbomodder

Post by Jimbomodder »

Oreo wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:04 am When FS 19 updated today I tried to buy a new piece of equipment and was prompted to sell equipment or buildings in orderly gain new equipment. I then discovered slots. This is unsatisfactory I was basically at a hold up. I could no longer purchase anything at the store no seed, no fertilizer, nothing. Then to find out this is only on Xbox and ps platform. I was at over 1500 slots filled and had to get to 1200 slots. This is not fair and is making me want to quit the game all together. I would basically be stuck doing what I have equipment for unless I sold it to do other jobs. I loved expanding my farm to be able to do different task. This needs to be changed back ASAP
It won't be changed unfortunately as it's just how it is.
FS15 Xbox 360
FS15 Xbox one
FS17 Xbox one
FS19 Xbox one
FS22 Xbox series S
Fs15-22 pc

MSI b550 Tomahawk
Ryzen 7 3700x
MSI gaming trio Radeon 6800XT
64gb ram
Evga 850 G2 PSU
Samsung 980 pro 1tb nvme
Fanxiang 2tb nvme
One of my most addictive games to date! You modders make this game even better :this:
SirLink220

Post by SirLink220 »

Oreo wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:04 am When FS 19 updated today I tried to buy a new piece of equipment and was prompted to sell equipment or buildings in orderly gain new equipment. I then discovered slots. This is unsatisfactory I was basically at a hold up. I could no longer purchase anything at the store no seed, no fertilizer, nothing. Then to find out this is only on Xbox and ps platform. I was at over 1500 slots filled and had to get to 1200 slots. This is not fair and is making me want to quit the game all together. I would basically be stuck doing what I have equipment for unless I sold it to do other jobs. I loved expanding my farm to be able to do different task. This needs to be changed back ASAP
I’m with Oreo on this. I knew nothing of the console slot limitation either.

Have 300+ hours on a game and since this update can no longer buy anything. Never had a game crash or any other symptom of my Xbox one x struggling with frame rates. This is the first version of FS I have purchased for console having been a PC user since fs09. First I found there were no large maps for console, then mods could not have scripts on console, now this forced limitation. Frankly, this game is not fit for purpose with all these restrictions on this platform. Giants should feel obliged to ensure console packaging and console advertisements clearly make buyers aware that although they are paying full price for the game, they don’t get the full game.

With the forza series creating amazing worlds with fantastic realism, Giants need to catch up.
P3G4SuSuOuT

Post by P3G4SuSuOuT »

SirLink220 wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:45 am
I’m with Oreo on this. I knew nothing of the console slot limitation either.

Have 300+ hours on a game and since this update can no longer buy anything. Never had a game crash or any other symptom of my Xbox one x struggling with frame rates. This is the first version of FS I have purchased for console having been a PC user since fs09. First I found there were no large maps for console, then mods could not have scripts on console, now this forced limitation. Frankly, this game is not fit for purpose with all these restrictions on this platform. Giants should feel obliged to ensure console packaging and console advertisements clearly make buyers aware that although they are paying full price for the game, they don’t get the full game.

With the forza series creating amazing worlds with fantastic realism, Giants need to catch up.
The issue is the engine is incapable of doing what they want even on "big"ish pc's. I know my chip is getting on but I have 2600k@4.3ghz 24gb corsair ram and a rog strix 1070 and even then you still get the Holy Halo of higher detail graphics around your vehicle. I haven't played the console version at all but I will say that the pc version drives me crazy with its flaws and limitations. I think they are locked into a particular way of doing things in terms of the graphics which just don't cut the mustard in todays scene. I hope they sort it out and all the miriad things that are wrong or missing in the game like I detailed a few things in an earlier post in this thread. They need to stop adding new and shiny and make everything work properly.
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

I knew there was limitations on consoles, i dont buy alot of stuff, i buy what i need, its the slot count, its ridiculous. What really really gets me mad is how come we can't strap down simple attachments, it gets old to run back and forth to grab attachments and drop them off at the sell point, heck we can strap down bales and lumber... That's as far as they get.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

P3G4SuSuOuT wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:07 am When FS 19 updated today I tried to buy a new piece of equipment and was prompted to sell equipment or buildings in orderly gain new equipment. I then discovered slots. This is unsatisfactory I was basically at a hold up. I could no longer purchase anything at the store no seed, no fertilizer, nothing. Then to find out this is only on Xbox and ps platform. I was at over 1500 slots filled and had to get to 1200 slots. This is not fair and is making me want to quit the game all together. I would basically be stuck doing what I have equipment for unless I sold it to do other jobs. I loved expanding my farm to be able to do different task. This needs to be changed back ASAP
It's got nothing to do with the 'engine'. FS19 (and FS17 and earlier) all run very happily on old hardware, though obviously not always at ultra high settings (I've tested it on a 11 year old i7 920 and a 6 year old GTX 670 and got 60fps at 1440p at medium-high settings).

The problem as I understand it is the size of the textures in the limited memory that consoles have (which is shared between the CPU and the GPU). The textures are a constant and until a game engine manages to get around using such textures then it's a limit (think 80s and early 90s graphics for the last time we didn't use textures).

The previous patch (1.4) caused slots of some equipment and maps to be incorrectly reported on Xbox (and only Xbox). This allowed you to buy more equipment than was intended and could cause instability and lower frame rates.

Yesterday's patch (1.5.1) corrected this so that slots are now shown properly again (as it was pre-1.4), but that means some existing save games were using too many slots. Their way around this (rather than just refusing to load a savegame) was to stop you buying further equipment until you removed some things to lower the slot count first.

The most efficient way to minimise slot usage is to buy more than one of the same type of tractor (eg 2 Fendt 700s) rather than two different models as the second vehicle uses far fewer slots (typically 1-4 slots rather than ~25-40) as the textures are already in memory. You can see the number of slots items use in the store (next to the power and speed).

Remember PCs have 'slots' too, just on PC the operating system has more options for moving resources around, though at the cost of performance. Performance drops on PC are much more extreme than on consoles - that's the PC's slot limit.
billbo12001

Post by billbo12001 »

Are u ever going to fix the fact that workers can not use slurry direct from the Bga plant
Guil

Post by Guil »

BigC92 wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:50 am I knew there was limitations on consoles, i dont buy alot of stuff, i buy what i need, its the slot count, its ridiculous. What really really gets me mad is how come we can't strap down simple attachments, it gets old to run back and forth to grab attachments and drop them off at the sell point, heck we can strap down bales and lumber... That's as far as they get.
It's not as simple as that. Bales and logs are pretty much uniform to a degree, implement or attachments come in a variety of sizes and shapes.

You can move anything around the map on a trailer without it falling off if you drive reasonably and not like you are at a racetrack.
mikejl46

Post by mikejl46 »

How do you update 1.5.1 on Steam?

I'm on Steam and currently at patch 1.4.1. I don't see where to update to the 1.5.1 update patch under the Betas tab in Steam.