Seasons mod (op updated re: bug reports)

Frag

Re: Seasons mod (op updated re: bug reports)

Post by Frag »

Since we are talking about patches and field texture. Would it be possible for the field to always turn darker when using liquid fertilizer even though fertilizer will have no effect?

Take for example a field that has few seasons. You will agree with me that the fertilized level can be different in some patches (due to crop failure, weed, etc). So some areas will accept liquid fertilizer since the fertilizing level will raise, but other will not (since the fertilizer was not consumed because no crop grew there). The effect is that some patches will turn dark while being fertilized while other will not. It can get confusing. Just my opinion here, but should the soil always turn darker to help people know where they passed and get a cleaner looking field?

I even got the field covered with lime not turning darker when fertilizing it ...leaving white patches here and there.

It is not a big issue, but it would be a very nice to have a clean looking field.
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

It would indeed be quite weird when the terrain turns dark but no actual fertilizer is placed.
wiseguy49

Post by wiseguy49 »

I'm playing 3 day Seasons, and I wasn't having any issues with workers quitting on the random non-harvestable patches from Seasons. I just downloaded build 33 so I will continue to test and report if that changes.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Just ran into an isssue with grass growth and weeds. I played a season and all was fine with weeds turned off when I switched weeds on whenever I cut grass the grass would not change from its harvested state this happened on meadows already grass at the start and also fields I ploughed and put grass in. Just turned off weeds and those fields are now growing again.
My guess is I upset it by switching the weed state once I'd started the savegame.
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

go back to the first post of this thread and report it ;)
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Quick couple of questions for anyone who's planted Grass in Seasons, today I combined two fields on a map and the area in between, which was just wasteland. I ploughed the field, lime spread, fertilised it, cultivated it and then seeded it with grass. I transitioned forward to the following day and the Grass status changed from Planted to Growing, except for about half a dozen square patches which were the Blue Germination Failed state. Now is it common for grass to fail when planted? Now that those areas have failed, do I need to plough/cultivate them and seed them again to try and get grass to grow in those areas? If I leave these patches, when Grass Growth resets in winter will these patches disappear and be harvest-able grass the following year?
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
OlavEmil

Post by OlavEmil »

I have not had any germination failed patches when planting grass.

You did plant in suitable ground temperature, I assume?
Loss

Post by Loss »

Maybe it was too dry. I had germination failed patches after a really dry summer.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

I was seeding Grass in Day 1 Autumn, whilst it was raining, as I couldn't harvest any crops and needed something to do. I just need to know whether the field will fix itself in the winter, or whether I need to manually intervene to fix the patches where the grass failed to germinate.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

Does the game have issues if you change Geos in the middle of the game?
bojanh66

Post by bojanh66 »

If i have 400/400 animals and incoming offsprings (baby animals), what will happen with them ?
Will they be born or not because i am at maximum animals limit ?
Frag

Post by Frag »

cwattyeso wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:21 pm I was seeding Grass in Day 1 Autumn, whilst it was raining, as I couldn't harvest any crops and needed something to do. I just need to know whether the field will fix itself in the winter, or whether I need to manually intervene to fix the patches where the grass failed to germinate.
Anyone knows what are the dangerous level of humidity to seed? I am following carefully the soil temperature but I commonly end up with "Harvested" or "withered" patch ... even though the current weather seems ok. I am probably missing the humidity level or something...
Goose66

Post by Goose66 »

bojanh66 wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:27 pm If i have 400/400 animals and incoming offsprings (baby animals), what will happen with them ?
Will they be born or not because i am at maximum animals limit ?
You've reached the max. Have to sell some.
Playing on PC....Hollandscheveld maizeplus map
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
bojanh66

Post by bojanh66 »

I know that, but just in case i was very busy with field work and forgot to check incoming offsprings, they wont be born if i am at max number of animals, right ?
Goose66

Post by Goose66 »

Correct
Playing on PC....Hollandscheveld maizeplus map
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66