Congratulations to Giants

fenixguy

Re: Congratulations to Giants

Post by fenixguy »

As a proud US citizen, I'm excited to see it personally. A huge DLC for sure. It's rare we can have a whole line up of the same brand. Don't care what brand, but I like using the same stuff.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

wiseguy49 wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:35 pm This will be the first DLC in a while that I have absolutely no interest in. Now if it was a different shade of green like it should have been.... I digress.
For me it was the John Deere cotton DLC ... zero interest.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Farmercaseih

Post by Farmercaseih »

I'm from the US and there is one person I know have that has a claas tractor (Xerion) and i have no clue where he got it from.
Princeguardian

Post by Princeguardian »

Proud American. I have only seen a couple of claas lexion/cat edition combines around me. I was floored the other day when i saw a fendt 900? I think it was, the big fendt like in game. I am glad to see claas coming to farming sim. The more the merrier! I am not necessarily a fan of claas as far as looks but each piece of equipment in game casts a wider net into the farming community and i love that! So bring on claas, then maybe some more of the jd stuff to make jd people happy, and then possibly some old fords for me. *thumbsup*
Jalars86

Post by Jalars86 »

I'm back and forth on this one. I was initially excited for Claas, but the European signs and lack of NA wheel options turned me off. I don't get why there can't be EU and NA options. I love the models and all the detail, but I think I'll pass on it.
FS22 on PC and Xbox One
Farmercaseih

Post by Farmercaseih »

Giants aren't from America, so they might not be able to make American versions of the stuff as good as say custom modding
Daviss42

Post by Daviss42 »

For console users I can see why this platinum/dlc expansion would be considered worth it for the extra vehicle's.

I was initially going to preorder on steam but a few days later I just changed my mind because I don't think I'll be using them enough to justify the £17.. Being on PC there's just plenty of mods and plenty of Claas mods already not to mention the upcoming Claas mods (if people make them) that will come to game now its a licenced brand.

If I already had the season pass I guess it's okay? And I'm not denying you get plenty of vehicles for the money but personally I'll skip this like I did with the John Deere cotton dlc and maybe get once its on sale.
System - i7-10700k | RTX 3080 | 32GB 4000mhz | 2TB NVME

Console - Xbox Series X
Jagtractor

Post by Jagtractor »

No NA paint schemes. I like Claas and all but i like to play with machines that are actually .... in North America (other than a handful I mean)
tractors are cool but I care most about Combines as that is the lacking section in the game (technically sprayers are the lacking section but i digress)
I know these model combines don't come in NA paint but that's another thing. I like Big shiny machines but I want some machines that aren't brand spankin new all the time. My farmers are poor and i never get to use these big new things anyway. I'll have my cheater map I use to toy around once in a while with the big stuff. But my play style is more realistic and I'll maybe have a couple hours combined of the biggest combines in the game while the 1660 axial-flow is my most used by far machine.
don't think i can justify getting this dlc just for the dominator. too bad. And typically.... no sprayer or sprayer attachment in this DLC. Do you guys just Hate spraying over there or what?
PC and PS4 Pro
been playing on pc lately.
Jagtractor

Post by Jagtractor »

Ah who am I kidding. I'll probably end up getting it anyway.
PC and PS4 Pro
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

I have nothing against Claas, here where i live, all Claas we see is forage harvesters, looks awesome.
JayC

Post by JayC »

I've been lurking around these forums for years now. I check them everyday, so might as well make my first post. :lol: I'm American, too, and I'm looking forward to having Claas in the game officially. I have always wanted Claas. In previous versions of the game, I would usually get the mods available, with a lot of them be garbage. Smety was the best modder for Claas. I am really stoked to see high quality models in the game now on an official level. Claas is expanding in the North American market and I think that's so cool. I would love to see a Xerion one day in the fields near me. Right now the only Claas I see are Jaguars. After watching Landykid's video series today, I decided to preorder the dlc. Even though I'm American, I could never get on with most American maps (except Lone Oak). I prefer UK maps. I've already got plans for just about everything in the dlc. I can't wait.
Jagtractor wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:26 am No NA paint schemes.
Actually, everything in the dlc is NA paint scheme. With the launch of the new Lexion combines, Claas has discontinued the black and yellow paint scheme in favor of one color worldwide. I think it's about time, too. I never liked the black and yellow colors, and that was only because of the partnership with Cat. That partnership ended years ago, but they kept the black and yellow colors until now.
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

Ok, I get it. You’re American and you’d like to see American equipment on your American maps. That goes for me as well, even though I’m from The Dutch (as Silvernews would say... 🙄)

But! Don’t you, as an American, ever play European maps?? And if you do, don’t you want European equipment on those???

That’s how I tend to okay my maps. American brands on American maps. British equipment on British maps and other European brands on European maps.

So CLAAS is a VERY nice addition to this game.

As would 35 pieces of any other brand be
Last edited by iwan073 on Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ignorance is bliss
Jagtractor

Post by Jagtractor »

JayC wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:11 am
Jagtractor wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:26 am No NA paint schemes.
Actually, everything in the dlc is NA paint scheme. With the launch of the new Lexion combines, Claas has discontinued the black and yellow paint scheme in favor of one color worldwide. I think it's about time, too. I never liked the black and yellow colors, and that was only because of the partnership with Cat. That partnership ended years ago, but they kept the black and yellow colors until now.
Don't think you actually read my post as I am well aware of that. But it doesn't matter. Maybe in 5 years when you actually start seeing these things around I'll be hyped for it. It as of now the land is peppered with black and yellow. Give me one or two of those models then. 740,750,760,780 there are tons that are seen everywhere. Tired of these combines that can only be found on YouTube. Hard to be thrilled to play with something that you won't see for a while.
Also not American. And I play plenty of European maps as I literally don't have much of a choice.

I actually prefer the green red and white. I think it looks way better than the black and yellow. But like I said. I like to play with what's out there. I'm still buying it and I'll still use them. But That's just my two cents
PC and PS4 Pro
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

iwan073 wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:30 pm Is it me or is it mostly Americans who can’t be bothered with CLAAS?
I think the majority of the English section of the forum is American now. Most European players have moved to a plethora of Discord servers now.
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

pitstop25 wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:44 pm
wiseguy49 wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:35 pm This will be the first DLC in a while that I have absolutely no interest in. Now if it was a different shade of green like it should have been.... I digress.
Why should it have been To Deere I mean John Deere. We have more than enough of that in the game now. Yes ok maybe a forage harvester. Why not Have Some stuff that is not in-game by default?

Any why even post to say you'ur not getting it? That's like telling everyone that you are not going for a wee :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:
"Any why even post to say you'ur not getting it? That's like telling everyone that you are not going for a wee"
It's also like telling giants that he's not interested in this dlc, but might be if they released JD. No need to get butt-hurt because somebody doesn't agree with you.

I also have zero interest in the minimum effort dlc they are pushing. They can't even be bothered to add a crop or map with new gameplay, just a bunch of edited models with different colors (otherwise free mods).
Btw, I am not going for a wee.